• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate variations

It is now confirmed that the upcoming Pokémon movie will be presented in two variations. One variation, as has been known for a while, will feature Zekrom. The other will feature Reshiram.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

Its like they made a Black version and a White version of the movies. Lol. You only get half the plot from one movie and your friend has to tell you what happened in the other movie in order to understand the whole thing.

Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

Wonder how TCPi is going to handle this....
This is probably just wishful thinking on my part. But I hope TPCi dubs one version of the movie the normal way. And then, they can give us an awesome surprise with the other version of the movie. Cause that would be epic!! =D

Last edited:

Sheesh can't really say I was expecting this one. I am very curious as to how they are going to do this, the plot, the characters etc. Its one thing to split games but how is this going to affect the canon of the anime if they bring it into the anime storyline. This is all too wierd.

Well if it works for games then no reason to try it with movies lol.

They stopped milking the cash cow and just CUT it open. I certainly hope Pokémon doesn't end up becoming another overused dead franchise...

They stopped milking the cash cow and just CUT it open. I certainly hope Pokémon doesn't end up becoming another overused dead franchise...
I cannot believe you used the word dead and Pokémon in the same sentence. If these 15 years proved proved anything it's that Pokémon will never die.

On the news, I'm sure these will be two separate movies but with significant plot differences once the movie plot progress. I like that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change. :D

Uh... erm... I think I'll wait and see how this pans out. I'm intrigued by the movies and its strange splitting into two versions. I wonder what it bodes?

2 games for the price of 1 has even reached the Pokemon movies. Its was only a matter of time that the anime started doing that nonesense too. The movie will probably be almost identical except a slight change in plot.

2 games for the price of 1 has even reached the Pokemon movies. Its was only a matter of time that the anime started doing that nonesense too. The movie will probably be almost identical except a slight change in plot.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. The games can get away with recycling because the player has the ability to completely customize the experience, but as far as the anime and movies are concerned, viewers are stuck with what they get. If the Pokémon Company want people to watch both movies, they need it make it worthwhile.

This is just another way to get some extra cash off clueless children. Make two movies sharing 70% or so of the footage → kids want to see both movies → essentially they pay 200% the price for 130% of the movie.

Games are different, since they never proactively meant you should get both - trading with friends was the whole point right from the beginning. But you can't trade the movie experience.

This is interesting. It sounds interesting, although if the only difference is the starring Pokemon, then it feels like a cop out. I hope there are a few changes other than the starring Pokemon to justify both Pokemon. I'm also wondering what two movies will do to the canon: Which one is the official version? (That question was directed to those who consider the movie canon. Those who don't are free to say "The movies are not canon, so it doesn't matter".)

I cannot believe you used the word dead and Pokémon in the same sentence. If these 15 years proved proved anything it's that Pokémon will never die.

On the news, I'm sure these will be two separate movies but with significant plot differences once the movie plot progress. I like that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change. :D

So true that Pokemon will never die. Your second part, I'm hoping too.

Sounds like a good idea, but only as a one off, it would be silly if they started doing this every year. I hope there is at least some different in the storylines though, and that they have different endings or something. Funnily enough, I had a dream a few nights ago about the novelisation of these movies; on each double page, White Hero was on the left page and Black Hero on the right. So if you're reading White Hero you just read the left pages and vice versa. Yeah I know, weird... ^^

A few questions though... if the storylines are going to be that similar, will some of the footage be used in both movies? And will they have separate DVD releases?

Counting the games, anime, and now these movies, it looks like Gen V is turning out to be very interesting... :naughty:

If I'm correct, most people won't be affected at all because the movies are no longer released in theaters outside Japan are they? Atleast I know thats the case in USA and here. They will be shown on whichever channel airs Pokemon normally right? So technically, its 2 movies for the price of none.

Althought they do cut out a lot which is then restored in the DVD release...

The Zoroark movie did end up on theatres this time. It might be an exception, but who knows?

This is pretty much proof that pokemon will never die if they keep doing this stuff, honestly i should be surprised. 2 movies= more money

Sonic is already a very weak franchise.

From what I've read, it seems that the only difference is the mascot Pokémon.

Group walks = Group walks
They help someone = They help someone
Reshiam attacks the town = Zekrom attacks the town

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with that.

It's nice that they're going for something different this time around. Even if it does end up being the same movie with little differences, it's at least something unique. And it's probably just for this movie(s) to mirror the games and all. Chances are they're going to go back to their usual "new event Pokemon are the stars" shtick for the next one.

I don't think this is a good idea. I mean, two movies both featuring a Pokemon with different plots. I much prefer if one continued off the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom