• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at GAME stores

UK players will have the chance to obtain Celebi, as well as preview the forthcoming Pokémon Black and White, in a series of in-store events held by GAME on 19-20 and 26-27 February.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

Okay, so the official game page spells Celebi wrong, and the event is such short notice.

Thanks a lot Nintendo >>

Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

Makes you proud to be British, doesn't it? :p

>Brighton
>YES.

I saw this and laughed. Why so few shops? I remember when Woolworths did Darkrai, most shops had one. But since Game tookover, its like only 1 in the whole region. How far, do you people expect me to travel? Cos I'm a fan, but the tank of petrol to get to my nearest store doing this event, will probably cost more than the games themselves.

I think I'll just have to stick with downloading the event online. Why don't they put all these events on wifi, so then everyone can get them? Then for the kids without wifi, do these silly events miles away from anyone. The cost in getting there, probably makes getting wifi installed cheaper in comparison. :p

The only ones that are within a 20min train ride from me are Hamleys and Oxford Street. I wonder why there are so few stores? Anyway, that's really tempting to get a celebi, but I'm pretty sure I have one a while back on my Pearl game (can't remember why, but it was an event) and seems like effort to pay the ever growing £8 for a train ticket..

HURR DURR EUROPE

seriously, why do I bother

thats it.... *sighs* no celebi for south africa... oh well maybe next time... if there will be a next time

For the love of God ... why the hell not a Birmingham store? IT'S THE SECOND CITY PEOPLE! Now I'm going to have to travel to Liverpool ...

For the love of God ... why the hell not a Birmingham store? IT'S THE SECOND CITY PEOPLE! Now I'm going to have to travel to Liverpool ...

Look on the bright side: you might be able to meet me.

Yeah, that cheered you up, didn't it?

The distribution of these is really odd. Nothing for Wales, nothing for Northern Ireland, nothing for North East England... just one location for the whole of Scotland, yet London gets two and there's another one nearby in Reading. I'm happy for myself that there's a Liverpool event, but I have to admit that Manchester would have been the more logical choice for the North West.

And of course, no Birmingham, which is downright bizarre.

Ooops, double post. See, Birmingham might be possible for a lot of Welsh pokémaniacs. I'm right in the West Midlands, but I'm gonna have to go oop north for this - probably Preston, given how little bloody notice we've been given

I will have my little green fairy!

As unappreciative as this sounds, meh. I've never been a fan of Celebi so I'm not going to bother going. If I had WiFi then I'd probably go to get some for other people as it is only a 15 minute walk to the Reading Game store but seeing as I don't, I'd rather there was a better event happening that appealed to my Pokémon favourites.

Closest event for me would be Preston. Whee! Finaly a legit Celebi! :D

I got excited, until I saw that Northern Ireland was left out again...no Celebi for me. :(

The distribution of these is really odd. Nothing for Wales, nothing for Northern Ireland, nothing for North East England... just one location for the whole of Scotland, yet London gets two and there's another one nearby in Reading.

Don't forget the Republic of Ireland! We count as a country... well, Nintendo don't seem to agree.

Don't forget the Republic of Ireland! We count as a country... well, Nintendo don't seem to agree.

Yeah. I was wondering whether Ireland would get its own separate event, but it's not looking good...

That's all very nice... but what about Switzerland ? What about Switzerland D':(

BTW I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could trade (for my event Jirachi, for example) or even let me borrow their Celebi so that my Swiss friends and I can enjoy time travel.

Why is there non in WALES :( I live in North Wales atm for Uni. It's not even in Birmingham (my home town) and that's the second city :/

Okay, just a couple more European countries which don't really matter, New Zealand (meh) and AUSTRALIA left. Australia of course being the most important country in this matter because I live there.

Okay, just a couple more European countries which don't really matter, New Zealand (meh) and AUSTRALIA left. Australia of course being the most important country in this matter because I live there.

I heard they're having a problem in Australia, the machine with the event on got damaged in a fire, and the back up one got washed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom