• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Infernape vs Primeape

Startmirca

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
It's the battle of the Fighting monkey Pokemon !! Primeape from Gen 1 vs Infernape from Gen 4.

Who looks better?
Who is your favorite?
Who is more awesome?
Who is more useful

It's an obvious win for Infernape.

edit: I'll elaborate more my answer since I received a warning for this lol.
Infernape has high offense and high speed which will lead it to its victory over Primeape. And it has a type edge being a fire/fightning, he can use strong fire moves with STAB like flamethrower and flare blitz. We all know how inferior Primeape's defenses are.

Last edited:
I already know Infernape's gonna win this one... >.> But I say Primeape. I LUUUUV Primeape. :3 Ever since I used one for the first time in LeafGreen, I fell in love with the kickboxing monkey. AND, it's part pig (one of my favorite animals <3), so yeaaaah there's that. :x It also has that crazy ass Speed and Attack. >:3 So Infernape's cool n' all, but Primeape wins by a landslide in my book.

I can never forgive Infernape for usurping Blaziken's position, and I've had a soft spot for Primeape ever since it saved me in the Elite Four. Thus, Primeape wins.

I finally decided my vote : Infernape.

He is the only useful monkey for me , Ambipom was pathetic while Primeape doesn't cut it for me.

"Infernape is a rip-off of Blaziken because it's Fire/Fight"

Seriously, I hear that all the time, but I never see anyone complain about Gallade and Medicham , or what about all those generic Pidgey wannabes? You know, all those early lame birds that are Normal/Flying? Or what about all the Pika wannabes(Minun/Plusle/Pachirisu/Emolga). And I never hear "OMG Salamence is just a cheap clone of Dragonite because of it's Dragon/Flying typing! And they're both the Pseudo-legendaries who share the same species name!" I wonder why People praise Gallade for being another Fight/Psychic(technically Psychic/Fight), who has the same type as Medicham, but yet people complain about Infernape's dual typing even though it's not the only Pokemon to get the unique-type combination of another Pokemon.

Other than it's dual typing, nothing else about it is similar. It's like saying "Feraligatr and Samurott are Blastoise clones because they are pure water starters." or "Sceptile and Serperior are totally Meganium clones " or "Garchomp is a rip-off of Flygon because it's a Dragon/Ground(technically Ground/Dragon) and it's a pseudo-legendary like people thought Flygon was" .

So , Infernape gets my sympathy vote .

Primeape its pretty good in battle and looks bad ass but very underated because if used right can it can sweep very well.

He is the only useful monkey for me , Ambipom was pathetic while Primeape doesn't cut it for me.

Seriously, I hear that all the time, but I never see anyone complain about Gallade and Medicham , or what about all those generic Pidgey wannabes? You know, all those early lame birds that are Normal/Flying? Or what about all the Pika wannabes(Minun/Plusle/Pachirisu/Emolga). And I never hear "OMG Salamence is just a cheap clone of Dragonite because of it's Dragon/Flying typing! And they're both the Pseudo-legendaries who share the same species name!" I wonder why People praise Gallade for being another Fight/Psychic(technically Psychic/Fight), who has the same type as Medicham, but yet people complain about Infernape's dual typing even though it's not the only Pokemon to get the unique-type combination of another Pokemon.

Other than it's dual typing, nothing else about it is similar. It's like saying "Feraligatr and Samurott are Blastoise clones because they are pure water starters." or "Sceptile and Serperior are totally Meganium clones " or "Garchomp is a rip-off of Flygon because it's a Dragon/Ground(technically Ground/Dragon) and it's a pseudo-legendary like people thought Flygon was" .

its because its the same dual type starter

So true! And how come no one cried over Blastoise and Feraligatr both are pure water type. Blaziken and Infernape may have the same typing but they have their own pros and cons. The fire starter in B/W is also half fighting. just saying..

This is a bit of prejudice on my part but my first level 100 Pokemon was a Primeape, in Pokemon Yellow. Not to mention it knew Payday, so that was a plus.

Both are monkeys, I don't like monkeys but well, If I had to choose one over the other, it would be Infernape because its a dual type. Pretty much thats it. And I think i'm just indifferent to the Mankey line.

I choose Infernape because it has better stats and a more appealing design.

Infernape has a better typing, and viable stats for competitive battling, which make it better than Primeape.

So true! And how come no one cried over Blastoise and Feraligatr both are pure water type. Blaziken and Infernape may have the same typing but they have their own pros and cons. The fire starter in B/W is also half fighting. just saying..

Yes , I know Emboar is the third Fire/Fighting starter(I don't like the fact , but I may have to get used to it) .

After all , Infernape being Fire/Fighting is better than pure Fire-type .

Besides , just because he is the only FULLY evolved Sinnoh to not have an unique type combination , it doesn't mean he is the worst , the fact that Empoleon and Torterra have unique typing compensated for it . Although , Blaziken is still my favorite(as a Fire-type he is too)

Mankey, simply because Infernape's a fire/fighting starter and I hate those for some reason

Im shocked to see that Infernape is actually winning...

I prefer Primeapes design, so it gets my vote.

Im shocked to see that Infernape is actually winning...

I prefer Primeapes design, so it gets my vote.

What? You expect Infernape to always lose?

Looks like one of those " OMG ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER , BLAZIKEN RIP-OFF" !!

I didn't like Primeape's design as it's just an angry Mankey on handcuffs.

Mankey, simply because Infernape's a fire/fighting starter and I hate those for some reason
seriously bro, who don't love a fighting monkey with flame on its head?

Infernape high speed and high attack saves its butt many time.
Plus... Primeape defense is pretty low. Even lower than infernape.

seriously bro, who don't love a fighting monkey with flame on its head?

Infernape high speed and high attack saves its butt many time.
Plus... Primeape defense is pretty low. Even lower than infernape.

Fighting monkey with fire on it's head > Fighting monkey with handcuffs.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom