• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Characters that Can/Should appear in Best Wishes

In Takeshi's special it was said he's studying to get into some Pokemon Doctor school. Not sure how he could appear if he's at school. Maybe as some training experience or he's on a break from school? It would be nice to see him later on in the show.
Who said the school couldn't be in Unova? Was the location of said school even alluded to?

It's good to know but probably also means he wont be staying in Pewter if he gets in either. He'll reside in some unknown area we'll never know or in his house, but the latter I doubt.

I'd rather Brock stay in Kanto if he's going to stay anywhere at all. If that doctor thing WAS in unova, that means it'd be unlikely to see him after that. Though it would be interesting to see how he got on, and a shame if they dont let us know how he got on, unlike May.

Well, no. But I can't see the school being that far away. If it's not in Kanto it's probably Jouto.
Why not? Jimmy when to Hoenn to study how to be a referee and he's from Kanto. If the best school happens to be in Unova, why would he not go there?

Unova's also got the Doctor class. Just from that point alone, I'd imagine there are some pretty good schools there for doctoring. It might have even been the point of the writers changing his profession: so he could pull a Sinnoh!Gary.

Granted, school apparently doesn't exist in this world,
Ninja'd by Musashi. Congrats, Mu.
What was that
Then what was Pokémon Tech? And the various Pokémon academies?
Or are you talking about schools that actually teach you stuff like maths? Then no.. I don't think school exists in the Pokémon world XD

But the thing is, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh aren't that far from each other if you use some kind of transportation like boat, or plane...Unova is the furthest from all of them, so it doesn't make sense to me as to why a pokemon doctor school would be in Unova...

If anyone...I kinda...wanna see Tracey...in Unova...it would be great since he was just dumped on Prof. Oak so Brock could come back...but umm...it would be cool for him to come so he could gather some sketches of the Unova pokemon, and especially the ones that have different forms depending on the seasons too.

But the thing is, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh aren't that far from each other if you use some kind of transportation like boat, or plane...Unova is the furthest from all of them, so it doesn't make sense to me as to why a pokemon doctor school would be in Unova...

If anyone...I kinda...wanna see Tracey...in Unova...it would be great since he was just dumped on Prof. Oak so Brock could come back...but umm...it would be cool for him to come so he could gather some sketches of the Unova pokemon, and especially the ones that have different forms depending on the seasons too.

maybe (and probably) there are more regions, and they may be close to Unova, Unova is the only Region where the trainer class exists, so...

...So where do the Unova doctors learn their craft? From books? Either Unova does have its own medical school, or their doctors leave Unova to get training. And if people can leave Unova to get training, they can certainly go there to receive some, too.

You can get to Unova by plane and boat, too. Just because it's further away does not mean it not an option. College students go to school abroad all the time, sometimes half across the world. This is no different.

maybe (and probably) there are more regions, and they may be close to Unova, Unova is the only Region where the trainer class exists, so...
So, why can't there be a pokemon doctor's school in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh? One that's closer to him?
...So where do the Unova doctors learn their craft? From books? Either Unova does have its own medical school, or their doctors leave Unova to get training.
Okay, so perhaps Unova does have pokemon doctor schools, that's fine. But who's to say that the other regions don't have doctor schools as well??
You can get to Unova by plane and boat, too. Just because it's further away does not mean it not an option. College students go to school abroad all the time, sometimes half across the world. This is no different.
That's also true, but not all students can afford that luxury. A lot of college students can't afford to study abroad and go to private institutions that are far from home. Can't forget to conisider that too.

Maybe Unova's is like, the best, or a really good School, and its that one that Brock is Applying for...

none whatsoever, just fan speculation with almost no base ;)

So, why can't there be a pokemon doctor's school in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh? One that's closer to him?Okay, so perhaps Unova does have pokemon doctor schools, that's fine. But who's to say that the other regions don't have doctor schools as well??That's also true, but not all students can afford that luxury. A lot of college students can't afford to study abroad and go to private institutions that are far from home. Can't forget to conisider that too.
Now you're applying way too much real world to a world that apparently uses little to no money except to mention how broke TR is. Because everyone else can afford anything else.

Now, say you could go to ANY school in the world, price not an issue (because it never something that will be brought up; "How did you afford this?" is never said for anything but comedic situations). Would you go to the best, or the local (if that happens not to be the best)?

With Brock's intelligence, he's going to have a school he's aiming for, and would likely be accepted into it. If that means going to Unova, what's holding him back? His family? Hardly, considering he's been leaving them each time he's returned for 12 years now. (He would go to Unova just to flirt with those of the Nurse class!)

But is there any indication that the one in Unova is the one he may go to??
The fact that the Doctor class has been newly introduced and there's been no indication he's studying on his own continent, it's obvious the writers left it open enough that if they wanted to have Brock study in Unova, there's no continuity issues they would need to make an excuse for. He's free to pop up on any continent they want him to.

Now you're applying way too much real world to a world that apparently uses little to no money except to mention how broke TR is. Because everyone else can afford anything else.
Well, obviously the show must incorporate real world concepts like money in the show to a certain extent. It's just never shown. I mean, would it really make sense for pokemom marts to just, GIVE away products like pokeballs, potions, medicine, and other things like that for free?? Who knows, maybe they get money from their parents.
Now, say you could go to ANY school in the world, price not an issue (because it never something that will be brought up; "How did you afford this?" is never said for anything but comedic situations). Would you go to the best, or the local (if that happens not to be the best)?
I would go to the school that's closest to where I live, regardless of whether or not it's the best school. I've already had the experience of going to college far from home, and it was a great experience, but I prefer a school that's a bit closer to home. That's just how I see it.
If that means going to Unova, what's holding him back?
Not necesarrily anything specifically, but then what would stop the best doctor schools from being in any of the other regions then? How come the other regions can't have schools that could equally compare and compete with doctor schools in Unova?
His family? Hardly, considering he's been leaving them each time he's returned for 12 years now.
That's true only to a certain extent. Just like with Misty, while Brock was away from home traveling, his gym came across troubles as his mother was trying to turn the Pewter Gym into a water gym. Something like that may happen, or what's to stop one of his parents from falling fatally sick? And then none of Brock's younger siblings wouldn't be able to take care of them, so Brock would have to stay close to home to lend a helping hand.
(He would go to Unova just to flirt with those of the Nurse class!)
I hope not. One the areas where the writers fell short with him, they never gave him a girlfriend.
and there's been no indication he's studying on his own continent
Correct me if i'm wrong, but according to one of the people who have seen the DP special with Brock, wasn't he preparing for some Pokemon Doctor's school entrance exams?? Exams require studying. And not studying for a test is a bad thing. You don't have to be in school to study for something necesarily. Not studying for an exam is like going to battle a gym leader with underleveled or untrained pokemon. Not a good move. So obviously he has to have completed some kind of studying. Especially if he's preparing for exams.
it's obvious the writers left it open enough that if they wanted to have Brock study in Unova, there's no continuity issues they would need to make an excuse for.
I think they may have left it open ended for him so that he may study wherever they want him to study, not using Unova as his ONLY option.
He's free to pop up on any continent they want him to.
Exactly my point.

I don't think Brock will appear IN Unova, but maybe after the league briefly or something like that.

I think if the writers even touch on the doctor class, we'll see Brock. Though even though I'd love him to visit in unova, I'd rather if he's staying anywhere forever it should be in kanto so it's closer to ashs house, than in unova which is far away from
his parents and ashs house. That's why I didn't want him to stay on that boat in sinnoh.

I'd also like to see Butch and Cassidy appear as well...Seeing as how Jessie, James, and Meowth got extreme characterization, I wonder if the other two got similar treatment...

If Brock doesn't appear in Isshu himself then most likely we'll see him in one of the openings as a cameo like with what they did to the old characters in High Touch. I could see Brock in a BW opening wearing a doctor jacket or something.

It would be funny if Cassidy and Butch got demoted to the level that JJM were originally at because they were basically turning into clones of those 3 anyway, especially in Pokemon Chronicles. I don't see why Giovanni loved them so much when they screwed up just as much as the TRio did.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom