• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-A-Challenge!

Getto Daze! Six Pokemon Challange!

Time to get some Pokemon, but only six!

This challange involves selecting six Pokemon from a region, including your starter, and get all the way through the game on those Pokemon. For example, My Pokemon White run will start with Snivy, I will beat the first Gym with just Snivy, then I will catch a Pidove on route 3, and I will move through the Unova region in that fashion. For Black and White, You must account for Reshiram/Zekrom.

The Pokemon Game Group Challenge!!!

Okay, this is a complicated co-op gaming sort of thing, so listen up.

Here, you will sort of go on a journey with other members through a Pokemon game in your DS. How?

Well, here's what happens. Everyone in your group plays the same game. Everytime you do something, such as, entering a building, recieving items, leveling up, catching a new Pokemon, etc, you will post it here. Your group will comment, write what they have completed, maybe send messages to your character, etc. Nobody can leave a town/landmark without their group. It will mess up the whole point of playing. So, if one person can not get to Olivine, for example, that night, you must wait until they can play. Make sure your post these kinds of things. There are some other rules.

Games: Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Heartgold, Pokemon Soulsilver.

Rules:
Nobody may catch the same Pokemon as another in their group. (legendaries, special event Pokemon, and starters do not count)
You may not hack!
You may train, but you may not visit other locationd while you wait to move on.
No cheating!
You must play, as much as possible.

Here are some other things:

Put this on every post:

Trainer Name:
Badges:
Items:
Pokemon on hand:

There can be four people in a HG&SS group, and three people in a D&P, P, group.

Every Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Whichever group has achieved the best stats, at the end of their journey, will be crowned champion of this contest.

I'm ready to join an HG&SS group.

Post example:

Player 1: John just entered the Pokemon center. He healed his Pokemon. Next, on his way to the National Park, he battled a trainer with a Drowzee, and a Rattata. Next, he caught a Caterpie in the National Park, getting its health low with Blaze's ember, and tackle. Now, John went to challenge Whitney.

Player 2: Hope he wins. Alyssa battled that trainer too. She went inside the building next to the game corner, and recieved an egg from and old lady. Next, Alyssa, went to battle the gym. Should I catch a Hoothoot or a weedle and evolve it into Beedrill for my first flying type?

Player 3: Cool! Hoothoot tends to be a lot better. "You've come to challenge me? Die by my milktank!" says Whitney grabbing a Pokeball out of her shirt? and throwing it on the the battle field. "Win John, win!" Nick went and battled a trainer in the National Park. She had a Pidgey. Tsunami leveled up to level 27........

Get it? Any questions?

Trainer Name:Tyler
Badges:None yet
Items:None yet
Pokemon on hand:None yet

I have SS so, I will be in the HG and SS one.

Sure. I have Heartgold, so if we can't get anyone else to join, wel'll do it together.

Bidoof-only mode.

Rules:
- Catch Bidoof as soon as it becomes available.
- Box your starter as soon as you've caught your first Bidoof.
- You may use as many Bidoofs as you'd like.
- But only Bidoof and Bibarel are allowed.

Plus you could use Ratata, Sentret and Zigzagoon for the different games.

The stable DNA challenge

For this challenge you can only use pokemon that don't evolve and by this I mean pokemon like tauros, pinser etc you can only use your starter until you can obtain one and if they dont evolve in that gen then they count such as scyther in gen 1. It also includes baby pokemon so you cant use Mantine from gen 4 onwards and such.

Trainer Name: Jake
Badges: 0
Items: None
Pokemon: None

I have Platinum, so I will be able to do it with others in that group.

The Solo Challenge
Only use one pokemon in battle the whole game and it has to be your starter.

THE EVOLUTION CHALLENGE

1. You may not evolve any pokemon (excluding pokemon that evolve from babies).

2. You may not catch any evolved pokemon (excluding pokemon that evolve from babies).

3. If you catch or breed a baby pokemon, you may not evolve it into the Basic form.

4. You may not catch ubers/legends. Pre-evos of psuedo-legendary pokemon are also banned (e.g- Bagon).

I will run this on Pokemon Gold Version.

Mono-Type In Game Challenge

The concept is simple for this, basically you take a game and play through it using pokemon of only one type. Depending on the game and on what type you pick, it can either be just as easy as a normal play through or it can be hell on earth, possibly even worse then a nuzlocke challenge.

Currently doing one in Diamond. I figured Ground would be fun but then I realized that you have Garchomp, Torterra, Steelix, Golem, Gastrodon, Whiscash and Quagsire.

I may go with Torterra, Steelix, Garchomp, Gastrodon, Golem and Whiscash. Whiscash is so that Gastrodon doesn't have to use Surf and Waterfall.

Re: Mono-Type In Game Challenge

I think this is an interesting idea. You'd have to abandon your starter, though, in a lot of cases. Dragon/Ghost/Bug challenges could be particularly difficult.

Re: Mono-Type In Game Challenge

Ghost not really because of trading, Bug would suck since you would have to trade or wait and rely on Kriketune, Dragon would have to trade and would not be able to start until you get to Oreburgh. This is in Diamond of course I am playing.

Gible you don't get until after the sixth badge so you would have to trade or wait.

The Group Nuzlocke challenge:

This is a simple variant i made, here's the rules

-You must have at least 4 people with a gen 4 onward
-All normal nuzlocke rules apply, everybody has to agree on ruleset
-After you beat a gym, you must save your game and wait for the others to beat that same gym
-After everybody beats it, one person will randomly pick people to trade there teams they beat the gym with
-If someone wipes with no PC reinforcements, its game over
-If a pokemon faints, you release, no trading it

Example: 4 person game
All 3 beat Falkner, player 1 trades team with player 3, and player 2 with 4
continues until next gym

any questions?

The Damaging Challenge

You can't use any attack that doesn't cause damage,you can't use ailment moves either(i.e.: growl and poison powder are banned)
Rest is included in the first rule
You can't use types that have imunnities
No dragons nor legends

Quite simple don't you think?

Joltik Challange

THE ULTIMATE JOLTIK CHALLANGE

I love this and tryed it so it can work

complete the pokemon legue with a team of just joltiks
no rules on the type of joltik or moves... just defeat the elite4 and alder with nothing but joltik

rule 1: you must have 6 joltik in your team at all times
rule 2: you can not evolve any of your joltik
rule 3: it dosnt matter if you have alredy finished the game
rule 4: hackers... no hacking you joltik for max everything
rule 5: you must guts the legue (no items or switching permitted)

my sucsessful team of joltik:
all had compound eyes
lv100
lv98
lv93
lv83
lv78
lv76

joltik_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38ozi9.gif

MIght do one of these later,but hre's mine

Country Challenge

Every mon must be caught normally during the gamecourse
Every mon must represent a country(like trubbish fro USA"s wateful nature,Emboar fro it's Chinese design...)
No mon should be 3 levels stronger than another,if it does by accident or inexustance(just caught th other mon)grind the weaker

P.S>:Wrave,this challenge already exist,it's called Monotype and it's very popular

Randomosity Challenge
Note: Pt and HGSS only.
Goal: Beat the Battle Factory Brain.

-When selecting your Pokemon, you must cover the part of the screen that shows what Pokemon is inside the ball or close your eyes when selecting.
-When trading or selecting, you may not view a Pokemon's summary.
-You must trade after every battle. Again, cover the screen or close your eyes when selecting the Pokemon.
-The only time you may look or open your eyes is when you are battling.

The disobey challenge:

As soon as you can trade pokemon, you must trade a team of level 100 Pokemon to your game.

You cannot use any other Pokemon except for the Pokemon traded to the game.

The death run:
Start a game, and go until all of your Pokemon faint.
Rules:
You may not use any type of healing

You may save

You cannot switch Pokemon until you have whited out

Whiting out is the only way to restore your Pokemon's health

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom