• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW026 - Fishing Conference of Hiun City

A fishing competition in Unova? They might fish up a Basslao, or maybe even ... uh more Basslao? Whee.

Still can't wait to see Bianca again, I can imagine her actually winning the competition by accident or something.

It seems that its going to be a great ep!
And dont't forget that in the games U can recieve a leaf stone! Maybe there is going to be a plot around that, that the winner gets an evolutionary stone!

The writer's know who is popular...I'm not complaining at all!

Also, Serebii put the title up as "Castelia City Fishing Competition - Fishing Sommelier - Cilan Appears!"...surely Cilan appeared in episode 5? =3

Also, Serebii put the title up as "Castelia City Fishing Competition - Fishing Sommelier - Cilan Appears!"...surely Cilan appeared in episode 5? =3

That's probably one of the reasons, why I had suspicions of this episode. Even Sushi thought it was weird since "he's always there since he's a main character"

The only thing I can think of, why it says "Cilan appears" is because it's referring specifically to the competition, sort of like "And now I'm your host for this fishing competition, but wait what's this, could it be who I think it is? It is, It's Cilan, the great fabulous Connoisseur, he's appeared for our competition, how amazing?" Though that doesn't change how awkward it is.

Either that, Cilan has multiple personalities. Or the real Cilan shows up, and the Cilan on the main cast right now is N in a very good disguise. Or N shows up as Cilan in the fishing competition, sort of like some sort of impersonator moment.

I wonder if the Magikarp salesman will appear on this episode.

Would he still be flogging Magikarp in Unova? I imagine they'd be considered quite the rare and novel pokemon over there.

Hope this is genuine. It would be sweet to see Bianca again.

Actually, there is a Magikarp salesman in the games BW as well. :D

Or N shows up as Cilan in the fishing competition, sort of like some sort of impersonator moment.

Some part of me hopes that there is an impersonator... who is Carbarnet :D

But targetting Sommerlier's into advising releases would be a good tactic.

Cilan's eyes change? Reminds me of the Basulin and how their eyes, fins, and colour change.

PREDICTIONS:
Cilan catches and/or runs off with a mermaid
Iris catches a Pokemon (Cubchoo) and tries to teach it to fish, but to no avail.
Beyonce Bianca is revealed to have beat Burgh, and may have also caught two more Pokemon.
One of Bianca's Pokemon will evolve, unless Minccino has evolved off-screen.
Iris will become a pirate.
Cilan and Bianca will have a love affair, and Cilan breaks her heart because they're both destined to travel seperately. This makes Bianca so angry that she and Cabernet team up to take him down.

I'm pretty sure the title's just being poetic...as in, the Fishing characteristic of Dent appears here, since it seems like apparently he get's a hard-on from it...which isn't a bad thing at all in my opinion, since wacky Dent is pretty fun to watch.

Yaaaaay, the writers are giving my favorite characters more focus once again! And people are going to complain that other characters are in need of development (a valid complaint that I recognize) while I simply laugh and bask in the bias :D (similar treatment, see chimchar)

I wonder what history Cilan has with fishing? I demand flashbacks. I hope that he and Bianca get competitive with it, as I find her interactions with him to be hilarious (actually, she acts well with any character...)

omg!!! maybe flashbacks to..... little baby cilan, cress and chili??? hey, if they could do it with roark and volkner and flint and aaron.... :D :D :D

with cilan being such a main character, i'm positive we will get childhood flashbacks at some point. i just wish it would show how all three brothers were as children. who apparently loved to go fishing.

Maybe Dento learned a thing or two about fishing from Cress XDD I wonder...........would Chili even go into the water?

Maybe Dento learned a thing or two about fishing from Cress XDD I wonder...........would Chili even go into the water?

You're remebering me of Cascão(Smudge) in Monica's Gang.

Yaaaaay, the writers are giving my favorite characters more focus once again! And people are going to complain that other characters are in need of development (a valid complaint that I recognize) while I simply laugh and bask in the bias :D (similar treatment, see chimchar)

I wonder what history Cilan has with fishing? I demand flashbacks. I hope that he and Bianca get competitive with it, as I find her interactions with him to be hilarious (actually, she acts well with any character...)

Yes flashback! :D We need flashbacks N.O.W.!!!!!!111111111111

But, what kind of fabuloushistory Dent must have? Maybe his parents went to fishing every sunday XD

And who even gives a crap to the other characters when we have Dent/Cilan? He is dentlicious, if was only him the main character the anime would be more famous XDDDD

My hopes are that Cilan will catch an Alomomla or Basculin, I see it likely, but unlikely at the same time

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom