• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Generations I ...

The Speed Gamers will begin their third Pokémon marathon March 11th at 6PM Central, raising money for the ALS Association. The Texas-based group will attempt to catch all 251 Pokémon available in the first two generations within 72 hours.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from

It's not going to take very long for them. Just abuse as many glitches as possible.

Re: The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from

It's not going to take very long for them. Just abuse as many glitches as possible.

I think it's 72 hours without abusing glitches.

Only 1 problem: You can't catch all 251 without glitching. Celebi with the cloning egg trick, and mew with that one infamous glitch.

Only 1 problem: You can't catch all 251 without glitching. Celebi with the cloning egg trick, and mew with that one infamous glitch.

Precisely, it's physically impossible to get them legit unless you go back over a decade and recreate the events..

It should take way less than 72 hours to catch all of the 251 of first and second gens. I think it's possible to do it only using four games. One to hold a Mew and Celebi ready to transfer, since I think they did that when they tried to catch all 493 at the end of the fourth gen, Yellow, Gold, and Silver (unless some of it can be done easier with Crystal, which I'm not aware if it can) I'd be surprised if they have a cart with the original event pokes on them, but if using the glitches is the only way, I suppose they have no choice. I know I caught all of the original 151 (I used the Mew glitch) between Yellow and Silver, so I know that at least is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

It should take way less than 72 hours to catch all of the 251 of first and second gens. I think it's possible to do it only using four games. One to hold a Mew and Celebi ready to transfer, since I think they did that when they tried to catch all 493 at the end of the fourth gen, Yellow, Gold, and Silver (unless some of it can be done easier with Crystal, which I'm not aware if it can) I'd be surprised if they have a cart with the original event pokes on them, but if using the glitches is the only way, I suppose they have no choice. I know I caught all of the original 151 (I used the Mew glitch) between Yellow and Silver, so I know that at least is possible.

I think they mean 251 Pokemon as in each Pokemon on one game. For Example, If they captured a Pikachu they would evolve one and keep another as a Pikachu.

TSG is going to glitch for the ones that have NO legit way to get them, like Mew.

For everything else, they are going to go catch it like regular, and have a copy of each one. For example, they are going to catch 3 Dratinis. One will become Dragonite, another Dragonair, and the last will stay the same.

So they're going to play Red and Blue along with Gold and Silver or use Yellow and Crystal along with the other 2

I think things like this are pretty cool -- you get to play pokemon games for charity!! :D

If I recall correctly, last time they did a Pokemon marathon they abused a few glitches to get everything so it is likely that it will happen again.

Either that or they are going to change their recount right before the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom