• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

Gaz-the-Gliscor

I'm unbeatable!!
Reaction score
Yes, its often the small changes made to a game that people notice if they're long time fans. For example, one small but excellent change made is the ability to use multiple items on pokemon without having to go back to the bag and select the item again. It makes healing pokemon much faster and more efficient. The poke mart being inside the center is also a much welcomed change that saves me the bother of needing to search a town for the shop. Its all nice and convenient :D Does anyone else notice small changes that improve the game? Or even make it worse?

I've played (but not owned) a Japaneese copy of white. I like the season change. It's not really a small change, but it adds to the game. It doesn't realy change much other than what pokemon you can catch nad what e erything looks like. You don't go out to the same old route every time now. You go out to something different every month.

Not being able to view a Pokémon's status screen in a wireless trade...>>

The change in giving out experience points, giving the weaker pokemon more points over the stronger one. Discovered that the first night I had the game. I kinda like it.

3 shakes of the pokeball and it doesn't catch it. Instead of "shoot it was so close too!", it's "argh, almost had it!" blew me away at first, but now i kinda like it. the former message kinda pissed me off every time i read it.

Critical Throws.

It's a big thing in pokeball mechanics, sure, but in the great scheme of things, it's only a minor change. And it's a very welcome one.

For those not in the know, a Critical Throw (at least, that was its Japanese name) is when you throw a ball, and it shivers in midair after grabbing the pokemon. It then shakes once, and turns dark with stars- as in, a regular capture, but far more likely to succeed.

The critical throw is cool, so is not having to run around to find a Pokemart or flying to a certain city for the GTS. Also the seasons are a nice change with their subtle, but noticeable aesthetic changes, also how Pokemon names are no longer all capital letters, thats nice

I literally crapped my pants the first time I realized that my potions could be used on all Pokémon as long as I have enough in my bag. It was so frustrating in the past games to have to select an item use on a Pokémon, go back into the bag select an item, etc. Matter of fact I noticed it within the first hour of game play on Sunday and even commented on it to my girlfriend (who of course had no idea what I was talking about)

I've noticed two really small things that are great anyways:

- When you save, the game doesn't ask you if you are SURE you want to save the game. I'm so grateful for this, because it always annoyed me that the game had to ask two times. I know there's an already saved file, of course there is! If I chose to save the game, you don't have to ask me again!
-The Pokemons stat screen which stat is boosted and which one is lowered by the Pokemons nature. This is great, because I never remember what most of the natures do.

-The Pokemons stat screen which stat is boosted and which one is lowered by the Pokemons nature. This is great, because I never remember what most of the natures do.
That was introduced in HGSS =3

one two... ta da!

for IV generations whenever we taught a new move to a pokemon it was one two poof! Where did ta da come from anyway? hahah oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.

The dowsing machine feels so much more usable now than it did in previous gens. It's not a huge gameplay mechanic but it's definitely a welcome change.

It was?! O__o Oh god, I never noticed! Wow, how could I have missed that... I guess I'm just really blind. :p

To be fair, it is easier to see the colors on the darker background of BW than it was on the lighter background in HGSS. I didn't notice it either until someone pointed it out.

I hate how there isn't an option to always have your running shoes on. I also dislike how it says 'ta-dah' instead of 'poof' when you forget a move.

The double battle grass. i just love it, i get to train two pokeomon at a time, and have more chance to find a pokemon i like.
and how water drips from the top of caves. it's just a little ambiance feature that is just nice.
and how nurses at pokemon centers say "we hope to see you soon!" again.

i think i just love this gen.

I literally crapped my pants the first time I realized that my potions could be used on all Pokémon as long as I have enough in my bag. It was so frustrating in the past games to have to select an item use on a Pokémon, go back into the bag select an item, etc. Matter of fact I noticed it within the first hour of game play on Sunday and even commented on it to my girlfriend (who of course had no idea what I was talking about)

So you're saying if you have a team of six Pokemon, and have at least six potions in your bag, you can use all six of those potions on those six Pokemon all at once?

If so, that is really freaking convenient!

I guess a little thing I kind of like in the new games is when you pick up an Item, your character does a little pose thing after ward.
It reminds me of when you catch a fairy in a bottle on LoZ: TP.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom