• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

oh,one other thing, how the battle music changes when your pokemon hit's low health

I love the much-faster pace of this generation. It would take 10 seconds for a Blissey's HP to go to 0 if it was killed in one hit in the last Gen, but it takes less than 2 seconds in this game.

Plus I love how the Pokemon's eyes ACTUALLY close when they're asleep.

Since I believe this is new, I just love how when there's an option to buy TMs, it says the name of the TM instead of "TM73." Seriously, who's expected to memorize every single TM by number? It was annoying to have to go through them and it's finally non-irking now. (Might've been that way in Gen IV, too, but my memories of buying anything aside from Pokeballs in that generation are extremely vague. xD)

I hate how there isn't an option to always have your running shoes on. I also dislike how it says 'ta-dah' instead of 'poof' when you forget a move.

I hate that I liked auto run. Ta-dah doesn't bother me much. What I really hate is the jerky perspective changes. I don’t mean the 3D change, just the sudden shifts. I keep having resident evil flashbacks.

I really enjoy the Center-Mart combination, the quicker battling, not having to fly to a certain city to use the GTS, and things that I have only read in Bulbapedia and Serebii but have not actually encounter in-game yet. The only thing I do not like is the removal of the auto-run.

Last edited:
I love the dynamic camera in battles. I can now see my pokemon's whole backsprite instead of the top 1/2 of it's body.

The NPC doctors and nurses who heal you inside of large dungeons.

That's just PERFECT!

Lowercase font for pokémon names. It always bothered me when I would send out my EMPOLEON, I felt like I was being shouted at.

Victini appeared!

Nope, not a wild Victini, just a Victini. I guess that's what makes it special.

The NPC doctors and nurses who heal you inside of large dungeons.

That's just PERFECT!

Yeah and even a policeman. I thought that was a great thing to introduce their trainer classes. This feels like I'm not completely alone trying to take on say, a team of grunts; the people are helping me.

Another thing I'm indifferent to this time is berries. I'm not sure how I feel about having to be given berries by NPCs. I can't even grow my own in pots like in HGSS. I fell like they are too important to use. Though, I never thought berries were that important though, except Leppa Berries.

Another thing I'm indifferent to this time is berries. I'm not sure how I feel about having to be given berries by NPCs. I can't even grow my own in pots like in HGSS. I fell like they are too important to use. Though, I never thought berries were that important though, except Leppa Berries.

Yeah, I've only used one berry over the course of Black version. A Chesto Berry. I gave it to Pignite before battling Lenora. Best decision I ever made; Watchog tried a Hypnosis, but Pignite woke up immediately and KO'd it with Arm Thrust.

Also, it's not "A wild Cobalion appeared!" but "Cobalion appeared!"

I wonder, though. Does the encounter text change for shinies? For instance, instead of "A wild Whirlipede appeared!", would it say "Shiny Whirlipede appeared!" or "A Shiny Whirlipede appeared!"?

And another thing. They've introduced a swear filter for nicknames. I had read about this months ago when someone tried and failed to nickname their Tympole "Sperm", and decided to try it out last night using pretty much every expletive or offensive word I could think of. I failed to nickname my new Fearow any of the following words (a warning- a lot of this language is explicit, so if you don't want to read that sort of stuff, do NOT click the spoiler).

fuck
shit
ass
fag
faggot
cunt
nigger
pussy
penis
vagina
cock
dick
sex
clit
sperm (already knew this one was blocked, just wanted to double-check)
tits
masturbate

Oddly enough, I was able to name it "crap". Went to the name rater and tried to change its name. For any of you hoping to nickname any of your Pokemon "Hitler", "nazi", or "9/11", you're out of luck. Oddly enough, "anus" is allowed but "anal" is not.

With a mustache.

I love the weather icon as I hated how it repeated every single time. Now the desert was tolerable.

I'm not to fond of how the dowsing mchn turns of every time you access the menu, but it's also the easiest itemfinder to use as it automatically points to it and you don't have to do anything, so it's understandable.

But therefore I love how you can register multiple items on the Y button. I normally never use more than the bike, but now I can just use the itemfinder again in no time.

And another thing. They've introduced a swear filter for nicknames. I had read about this months ago when someone tried and failed to nickname their Tympole "Sperm", and decided to try it out last night using pretty much every expletive or offensive word I could think of. I failed to nickname my new Fearow any of the following words (a warning- a lot of this language is explicit, so if you don't want to read that sort of stuff, do NOT click the spoiler).

Man, that's strange. I completely understand the reasoning behind it, but I wonder if it would've been a better idea just to block nicknames all together when playing over wi-fi or globally? Or just block the swear word nicknames.

It's a little sucky, but I guess you couldn't name your rivals in this generation, so it's not like you would've been able to be really clever and name them something like "Douche."

Yeah, I've only used one berry over the course of Black version. A Chesto Berry. I gave it to Pignite before battling Lenora. Best decision I ever made; Watchog tried a Hypnosis, but Pignite woke up immediately and KO'd it with Arm Thrust.

Also, it's not "A wild Cobalion appeared!" but "Cobalion appeared!"

I wonder, though. Does the encounter text change for shinies? For instance, instead of "A wild Whirlipede appeared!", would it say "Shiny Whirlipede appeared!" or "A Shiny Whirlipede appeared!"?

fuck
shit
ass
fag
faggot
cunt
nigger
pussy
penis
vagina
cock
dick
sex
clit
sperm (already knew this one was blocked, just wanted to double-check)
tits
masturbate

Oddly enough, I was able to name it "crap". Went to the name rater and tried to change its name. For any of you hoping to nickname any of your Pokemon "Hitler", "nazi", or "9/11", you're out of luck. Oddly enough, "anus" is allowed but "anal" is not.

With a mustache.

I wonder what it'll do with nicknamed pokemon from past games? I'm sure someone will come up with a hack to get past this, too.

I wonder what it'll do with nicknamed pokemon from past games? I'm sure someone will come up with a hack to get past this, too.

I never even thought of that. Maybe the Poké Transfer simply won't allow you to select such Pokemon, like it does with Pokemon that have HMs, or like Pal Park did for anything that was holding a Safari Ball.

With a mustache.

Hmm...poison doesn't continue to deplete health when you're walking. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Not liking how it doesn't show how many of the opponents Pokémon are left when they go to send out another Pokémon though.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom