• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW022: Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
BW 022 "Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!"
Satoshi and his friends have finally arrived in Hiun City. As expected from the city said to be the center of the Isshu region, it is lined with giant skyscrapers. Of course, Satoshi's reason for being there is to have a Gym Battle with Arti, but when he meets up with him, Arti seems preoccupied! It seems that the bug-type pokemon in the city are all acting strange, so Satoshi and his friends offer to help him find the source of the problem. Their search takes them through the sewers where they encounter the centipede pokemon Fushide. Satoshi and his friends are able to see what Arti was talking about as the hostile bug-type pokemon isn't able to be calmed down! What is the horrible reality behind this phenomenon!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Before anyone else beats me, I thought I'd post the big surprise of this episode... Ash's Pidove evolved into Tranquill!

Man, that came right out of nowhere. No spoilers or manga scans giving it away.

Great episode and so glad Mamepato evolved!

Seems like that meteorite was the reason behind Fushide's behavior after all. Also, I really liked everyone's interactions and how even Iris got something to do.

But what did Shooty say to Ash?

Somehow my prediction of Pidove evolving became true! That was my highlight of the episode, overshadowing the Resort Desert developments and the Fushide swarm.
A bit of a biased opinion towards the Flying-types but at least they gave something to think about in Satoshi's Hatooboo.

This week's Live Caster is about Yamask.

Anyway, this week's episode... it was actually pretty good. The animators made Castelia City look a lot like the games and we got a lot of nods towards the game version. CasteliaCones got a mention and the fountain in the center of the square appeared as well.

Also, things seemed to really move up a gear once Trip turned up. He was more than willing to get rid of the Venipede by force despite the others knowing that they were only there because something was scaring them (Team Rocket's plan entering the final stage). Eventually, he started to help out by turning up with his Tranquill and doing the same as Ash.

I imagine there were a few people out there who thought Ash was going to catch the smallest Venipede that he befriended. Man, since Ash starting catching more than his usual five any episode could feature a capture these days.

But yeah, good episode with a huge surprise when Pidove evolved. Pity we didn't get to see much of Tranquill.

Granted, I missed like roughly 10 minutes of this episode and had no clue what the hell was going on. Why couldn't they just burn the Fushide away, what was so wrong about just scaring them out of town instead of all this have Arti play pied piper? I highly doubt its because they'll think their buildings would catch on fire :|

And why is Araragi just letting the kids tag along on a potentially dangerous mission. You could at least attempt to say no. But I forgot, this is Pokemon. Kids seem to have more authority over the adults in this show and they somehow manage to stumble upon things they have no business knowing.

Yay for the appearance of Shooti and his Ranpuura. Can't wait for TR vs TP.

When Pidove came out, I was all like "Yeah you rock, girl! And come on! Evolve! :D" and she evolved!

Also, that Venipede was really cute! The one they saved! Also... Trip is bullshit... he acts like Paul... he doesn't want to listen, just catch Pokemon :b

With what I could see of the episode it was pretty great, probably in my opinion better than BW021.

And YAY Pidove evolved. I got to say I loved it. She got in trouble than Trip sent out his Tranquill, and then Pidove got her grove back on. Showed some personality, and evolution sneaked up on Pidove.

I absolutely loved that part, she was like "huh, I feel funny" and then she evolved, it was pretty funny.

POst a pic of Ash's Tranquill someone....please!!

It just evolved. The episode just aired. What do you want them to do? Press the rewind button on Keyhole TV and screen it online? It will be up later, don't worry.

I imagine there were a few people out there who thought Ash was going to catch the smallest Venipede that he befriended. Man, since Ash starting catching more than his usual five any episode could feature a capture these days.

I know, I was like "Oh crap he's bonding too much with the small bug, he's going to catch it." I do agree it was pretty cute for a Venipede, but I'm glad Ash didn't catch it. He has Sewaddle to work with, which in my opinion is cuter but I liked the Venipede, but no on it going to Ash.

The thing is, with Bulbapedia locked for editing who knows when Tranquill or the episode's page will be updated. Whenever new games come out (Japanese or English) the server is so packed with news about that anime information isn't given top priority.

Kaitou Kid said:
Why couldn't they just burn the Fushide away, what was so wrong about just scaring them out of town instead of all this have Arti play pied piper?

They didn't want to harm them unnecessarily. They guessed the Fushide had a reason for attacking everyone all of a sudden and wanted to find out what that reason was first.

And why is Araragi just letting the kids tag along on a potentially dangerous mission.

She knew they weren't going to take "no" for an answer, so she decided it wasn't worth it to continue fighting.

Not the best reason, but there it is.

MachokeLover said:
Trip is bullshit... he acts like Paul... he doesn't want to listen, just catch Pokemon :b

Shooty wasn't trying to capture pokemon at all. He just wanted to get rid of the Fushide so he could go ahead and have his Gym Battle.

Speaking of Shooty, we didn't see him use his camera at all in tonight's episode. I have a feeling they're going to drop that part of his character.

Iris should have caught one of those Fushide and evolved it into her very own Pendra. Now that, would be awesome. At least she wasn't sidelined again, Kibago was cute when he used Dragon Rage to startle those Fushide off the building.

Here's the picture for you guys.

437_3348129975329966ac16e816d844b.jpg
:-D

EDIT: Ninja'd.

She knew they weren't going to take "no" for an answer, so she decided it wasn't worth it to continue fighting.

Not the best reason, but there it is.

Ah. I wish my parents were that easy when I was young. No ment no and that was it. Cue child angst and stalking towards room with typical pouty face. If I was lucky, I got some extra dessert after dinner for my troubles.

Shooty wasn't trying to capture pokemon at all. He just wanted to get rid of the Fushide so he could go ahead and have his Gym Battle.

Speaking of Shooty, we didn't see him use his camera at all in tonight's episode. I have a feeling they're going to drop that part of his character.

I really hope they don't get rid of that trait. His camera make him interesting, his camera looks cool. But then again, considering the situation, would you stop to take pictures of a city being over taken by giant bugs?

He did use his camera... to take a picture of the Venipede on the buildings ;b

Ha. I knew Mamepato would evolve tonight as soon as I saw the BW033 stuff.

I thought it was cool how the Fushide were going crazy because of what the Rockets were doing. It was a great way to connect the two stories and bring the Rockets back in the picture again. It was so cool seeing Sakaki fly in knowing he's going to kick some ass over the next two weeks. :-D

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom