• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Remember when the Rockets were in this show? Well, they're finally back now! Musashi and Kojiro literally had five seconds of screen time, but I found it kinda amusing so I'll share.

BW022_1.jpg

So we have Nyasu looking at stuff on a computer. (He sounded just like he did in Kanto.)

1299751240990.jpg

So naturally we switch to Musashi and Kojiro sharing a computer. :lol: I didn't catch what they said since I was so excited to see them again, but it's nice to see we're picking up right where we left off. Hopefully they get a few scenes alone over the next two weeks.

Oddly enough, the preview for next week didn't have any new Rocket footage. Makes me think something us up...

On another note, it looks like BW033 will be a Rocket heavy episode. I'm getting Takegami vibes from it, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way, they need to go to that drive in. :p

Hey guuuuys, I just wanted to say somewhere where the majority of contributors would be able to see it that I thought the anthology was amazing! Admittedly I sort of... skimmed the explict-y bits (it was unsurprisingly too much for my small brain :p) but even if I could not enjoy it to it's fullest extent, I could see how much effort had been put it and the finished product was FAB. Well done you lot, espesh Jeska who I know practically put her whole sould into it!!!
Thank you very much, Kanji :3 Oh, you bet I put a whole soul into it ;)

I was waiting until today to post because it's the 2nd Anniversary DP117!
2nd Anniversary of Rocketshipping becoming canon!

Remember when the Rockets were in this show?
Are you talking about this hot-looking couple and a talking cat trying to get their attention as they're too busy looking at each other? Yes, I think I remember them ;)

1299751240990.jpg

So naturally we switch to Musashi and Kojiro sharing a computer. :lol:
Poor Musashi, she doesn't have her own computer, nor place to sit. Kojiro should let her sit in his lap, that would look kinda funny ;D

Oddly enough, the preview for next week didn't have any new Rocket footage. Makes me think something us up...
Too bad we don't know yet when BW023 and BW024 will be aired... Since there's a possibility of some scenes getting toned down/edited, I'm kind of worried a little, as it's always been my dream to see an epic Rocket episode like this. They postponed it because it would be insensitive to show scenes of mass destruction and possibly people getting hurt at a terrible time like this, but I hope the episodes will remain unedited, when they'll be finally aired.

On another note, it looks like BW033 will be a Rocket heavy episode. I'm getting Takegami vibes from it, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way, they need to go to that drive in. :p
I'm getting excited for this episode too! ^^ And Takegami really should move his butt to write decent Rocket scenes. I think it's too early yet for his traditional Rocketshippy episode, but it depends on how much episodes BW saga is going to have...

Well, well, well... after months of saying the Rockets are exactly the same, we were finally proven right! :-D

1300356939643.jpg

1300356933623.jpg

So they're talking to the secretary and she says they're on their own for a bit because of the events in the last two episodes. So what do the Rockets do?

1300356967195.jpg

Could it be...?

1300357083606.jpg

1300356988350.jpg

1300356972838.jpg

Yes! They finally prove what we've been saying for months. They're still the same people and haven't changed at all!

And a double rose motto with their petals mixing in the air?! Nice. :-D

1300357126740.jpg

1300357040708.jpg

After that, Kojiro befriends a Desmas by giving it food (never seen that before :p) and finally catches his first Pokemon! Hooray! I only have the pictures to go by, but it looks like Musashi wanted it? Looks like we're back to late DP if Kojiro got it without a fuss. :)

You can see more pictures here.

Well, this is certainly an interesting turn of events! I have a feeling they'll go back to being badass as soon as Sakaki is back to action. This was probably just a break to show the fans that yes, they're still the same people.

The Rockets aren't in next week's episode (Which is BW0027. They're skipping BW026.) so we'll have to wait and see just how things will go. But I see no reason to doubt Tomioka now. Just think of it as some extra time with late DP Rockets. <3

Well, well, well... after months of saying the Rockets are exactly the same, we were finally proven right! :-D
Hooray! :-D

1300357083606.jpg

1300356988350.jpg

1300356972838.jpg

Yes! They finally prove what we've been saying for months. They're still the same people and haven't changed at all!

And a double rose motto with their petals mixing in the air?! Nice. :-D
I loved the idea of double rose motto! ^^ Btw, here's what Wikipedia says about blue rose's significance.

In some cultures, blue roses traditionally signify a mystery, or attaining the impossible, or never ending quest for the impossible. They are believed to be able to grant the owner youth or grant wishes. Historically, this symbolism derives from the rose's meaning in the language of flowers common in Victorian times. Blue roses also convey inner feelings of love at first sight, being enchanted by something or someone. The color blue is also traditionally associated with royal blood, and thus the blue rose can also denote regal majesty and splendor. Elaborate use of this symbolism is adopted by Ken Roberts in his book "A Rich Man's Secret". In Chinese folklore, the blue rose signifies hope against unattainable love.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_rose#cite_note-7
It sounds like a perfect rose for Kojiro! :-D I have to admit, I love "hope againts unattainable love" bit :3 We surely got more hopeful for their love to finally bloom beginning from late DP and BW just confirmed it for us!

Btw, isn't it kind of irony that Musashi, who's rather passionate and holds a red rose, which is a symbol of love and passion calls herself in the motto "destroyer of passion"? :sweatlol:

1300357126740.jpg

1300357040708.jpg

After that, Kojiro befriends a Desmas by giving it food (never seen that before :p) and finally catches his first Pokemon! Hooray! I only have the pictures to go by, but it looks like Musashi wanted it? Looks like we're back to late DP if Kojiro got it without a fuss. :)
She wanted it, but she was happy for him to catch it! If it was old Musashi, she'd certainly bitch about it xD; Yay for character development ^^

And as expected of Kojiro, he catches a Pokemon without any effort, by simply asking it to become his friend xD;

Well, this is certainly an interesting turn of events! I have a feeling they'll go back to being badass as soon as Sakaki is back to action. This was probably just a break to show the fans that yes, they're still the same people.

The Rockets aren't in next week's episode (Which is BW0027. They're skipping BW026.) so we'll have to wait and see just how things will go.But I see no reason to doubt Tomioka now. Just think of it as some extra time with late DP Rockets. <3
I've never doubted writers and I've always believed that TRio's serious personalities (especially Musashi and Kojiro's) are just a cover for the real ones. As long as they aren't under Sakaki's commands, their individualities are freed. It never was because they got OOC and it didn't mean that their DP personalities are gone and they got rebooted. They could get serious at times before, it's just that it never lasted this long.

And as we've expected, as BW moves on, Rockets will get more of a mix between their "black" selves and "white" selves, known from late DP. Imo, it's a perfect mix, as too much of any side can be tiring after a while.

And, what's more, we're in a win-win situation now. It's just as possible to get serious Rocketshipping as much as cute one! :-D How awesome is that?

I loved the idea of double rose motto! ^^ Btw, here's what Wikipedia says about blue rose's significance.

Ooo. Very interesting. That was definitely planned. :)

Btw, isn't it kind of irony that Musashi, who's rather passionate and holds a red rose, which is a symbol of love and passion calls herself in the motto "destroyer of passion"? :sweatlol:

lol. I didn't think about it, but yeah it is. That's Musashi for ya! :)

She wanted it, but she was happy for him to catch it! If it was old Musashi, she'd certainly bitch about it xD; Yay for character development ^^

I saw I had missed some caps and I was just about to post the same thing. :sweatlol:

1300357126740.jpg

So we have Musashi wanted to get Desmas.

BW025_1.jpg

So she sends out Koromori, but Kojiro stops her, then bends down and asks it to come with him.

1300357158195.jpg

Then they get all happy. Musashi is shown first, then Nyasu slides in.

So we really are back in late DP! :-D Great to see Kojiro standing up for himself without some dumb argument or dumb sighing.

And to think I was worried at the end of DP that things would change. So glad I haven't stopped doubting Tomioka. <3

And, what's more, we're in a win-win situation now. It's just as possible to get serious Rocketshipping as much as cute one! :-D How awesome is that?

Very! :-D I was just about to say something about that too. I see this as meaning a lot of things.

1. Our annual Rocketshippy episode just got very interesting. Which side of them will show up? I know we need to wait and see if they're still late DP Rockets while in White, so it's hard to say what will happen shipping wise and how serious it will end up being. But I certainly have a good feeling about it based on what we saw so far.

2. Their fate at the end of BW just got very interesting. Since we've seen both versions of the rockets, I still believe they can just go back to "white" for good at the end. This still doesn't change the fact they don't have anywhere to go from here and they still aren't in every episode anymore.

... Yup, that's it. Goodbye Rocket fandom, it was fun while it lasted.

Wow, that's a weird turn of events. Still, I enjoy the implications, though it really wouldn't have bothered me if they had stayed "dark". :p

Wow, that's a weird turn of events. Still, I enjoy the implications, though it really wouldn't have bothered me if they had stayed "dark". :p
Yeah, it wouldn't have bothered me neither. It feels a bit weird and confusing, as I really got accustomed to serious Rockets and loved them dearly (I arleady even miss them ^^;). I just hope they won't become goofy as they were even in white uniforms. I couldn't bear to see them blast off again =.= I'm glad thet they showed they're still individualistic though.

Woah... I did not see that coming. :O
This season has been epic, and even though I love the BW Rockets it's great to see that they're still "themselves" (hopefully they won't go back to being there for comic relief, however). I don't even know what to say about this, it's simply amazing. :)

Welcome to the thread, Spacegirl :)

This season has been epic, and even though I love the BW Rockets it's great to see that they're still "themselves" (hopefully they won't go back to being there for comic relief, however). I don't even know what to say about this, it's simply amazing. :)
My thoughts exactly :) And so many things are happening that my mind feels like blowing xD I'm so excited about BW, it never fails to surprise me :3

Also, I can't help but think of this shot as a symbol of Rocketshipping :crush:
Screenshot2011-03-17at81940AM.png

I must admit that I miss the days in which Team Rocket was "perfect" not just during the motto. They are extremely well animated during the Team Rocket's motto, but outside of it, when they are not wearing those black coats, they are so ugly! Their eyes don't seem right and they seem chubbier that they should be! And look at that cap of James holding the PokéBall of his new Pokémon - it looks like he is wearing a wig! The animation of Best Wishes has been great in terms of the motto and Ash, Iris and Cilan, but in terms of Team Rocket (outside the motto!) the animation has been really bad!

I KNEW it! I just KNEW they would start reverting around the time Kojiro got his first Pokemon. The majority of his Pokemon were comic relief which is why he's been without for so long. What I didn't expect was for them to go back to their old uniforms. That one really surprised me. :eek:

We really have no idea if they're reverting or if Desmas is comic relief. (Doesn't look like it to me thankfully.) And unfortunately we wont even know until next month.

In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy that rose motto. :-D It just gets more and more awesome the more I watch it. It was made before the BW001 even aired, so I wonder what the original intention was with it since it had the black Rockets originally.

I don't know if our "old" Rockets are here to stay or if they'll go back to their BW ways, but we all knew they were the same people on the inside despite their new fearless facade. And even if this is only temporary, I don't blame them; if I were in their shoes, I would be peeing myself with excitement. As for Desmas, I don't recall Kojiro had to battle for any of his Pokemon in recent memory (it's his animal magnetism, ahaha!) and the writers are just continuing the trend. It may sound simple, but sometimes simple works.

I think it would be awesome if they rotated between "black" mode and "white" mode depending on the seriousness of their assignments. Then we could enjoy both sides of their personalities. Have our cake and eat it, too!

I honestly think that Team Rocket has always been comic relief, and when they made them more serious it was out of place. I mean, look at the original seasons and tell me that their sole purpose in the anime wasn't for comic relief. You can't do it.

I think it would be awesome if they rotated between "black" mode and "white" mode depending on the seriousness of their assignments. Then we could enjoy both sides of their personalities. Have our cake and eat it, too!

I've been thinking the exact same thing. But like I said before, it's hard to say just how they'll act while in the white uniforms. I don't think they'll be as goofy as some people think.

I honestly think that Team Rocket has always been comic relief, and when they made them more serious it was out of place. I mean, look at the original seasons and tell me that their sole purpose in the anime wasn't for comic relief. You can't do it.

We all know that was their purpose until BW. No one is debating that.

But there's already a thread in the anime section for this. We should really get back to Rocketshipping.

yeah I wish that team rocket wasn't so serious now-a-days too, but i have to admit they look better in their black outfits than they did in their white ones.I also wish there are more hints, but like i said before they are serious about every thing.

Sorry about that. My bandwidth went over the limit and it wont reset until the 11th.

But, you're really not missing much. The rose motto is really the only thing going on, and who knows when we'll see the Rockets next.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom