• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW022: Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!

Ash's Pidove evolves into its second stage very quickly. Should I be surprised? No, since Ash retrieved his Pidove from Juniper at the beginning of the previous episode and had already planned on using Pidove against the Venipede, I knew it had to evolve somehow.

Also I am surprised Trip did not have a camera on him.

And why is Araragi just letting the kids tag along on a potentially dangerous mission.

They are not kids. No one in the anime treat them like kids before, why now?

Castelia was a let down for me. It's not big or spectacular like it should and reminds me filler towns or cities. They also change the geography around the city.

But then again, considering the situation, would you stop to take pictures of a city being over taken by giant bugs?

Nuts to the situation - I'd definitely be taking pictures. That way I can prove to my friends I'm not batshit crazy when I tell them the epic tale about how the biggest city in the world was nearly overtaken by giant insects. :D ...

Okay no, I didn't watch it. I was curious if this episode would be carrying any Riding the Winds of Change! vibes, aka the episode where a bunch of Gligar + 1 Gliscor wrecked a city inadvertently and drained food supplies in an effort to come home, then along came Paul who caught the Gliscor and then the chaos and disorder became even greater and he totally didn't care. Oh yeah, and Ash had a capture in that episode. Not the same as an evolution, but... oh well.

Granted it probably wouldn't have been that epic given what there is to work with here, and the fact that Trip just isn't as much as a douche as he is a major xenophobe. But that's my pessimism talking there.

Well, I'm glad Pidove evolved. She was rather adorable before she evolved. Kibago fails again, but that's to be expected. The Trip, and Ash interactions actually look somewhat interesting in this episode. Wonder what he was saying.

Masurao said:
The Trip, and Ash interactions actually look somewhat interesting in this episode. Wonder what he was saying.

Shooty kept getting frustrated at how everyone wanted to handle the Fushide with kid gloves. He kept saying that it doesn't matter how they get rid of the Fushide since the result will be the same regardless.

Kibago fails again, but that's to be expected.

Actually, he didn't fail. Yeah, Dragon Rage still didn't work but it did manage to scare off the Venipede hence why he and Iris were so happy afterwards. You can tell that Axew is slowly but steadily getting stronger.

Also, did Ash's Tranquill learn a new attack once it evolved?

Speaking of Kibago, I definitely wasn't feeling the Fukamaru face it made after its Dragon Sneeze attack. Feels waaaay too much like a rehash to me.

While this episode was good in its own right I can't deny that, after playing the new BW games and knowing more about the plot I see every skipped Team Plasma appearance as a missed opportunity.

It would have been great to see the "TP steals Bell's Pokémon in Huin City" plot in the anime. Hell, even Iris was involved into the plot.
Maybe the writers will use this plot later on as it doesn't need to take place in Huin City, but why complain about spilled milk?

Mamepato's evolution was expected to be perfectly honest. Well, while I still don't really like the bird I appreciate the 2nd stage design-wise a lot more.

While I like the fact that Pidove evolved, I'm not happy about the fact that she appeared to learn Aerial Ace (apologies if I'm wrong)... I mean, come on, Ash already has the move on three of his other Pokémon and both his last flying types learned it. Couldn't we have had some variety and have it learn Sky Attack, or even Return?

Its great to see that Pidove evolved in this episode. :) Say, did they use that same evolution animation shown in BW20 in this episode? :eek:

While I like the fact that Pidove evolved, I'm not happy about the fact that she appeared to learn Aerial Ace (apologies if I'm wrong)... I mean, come on, Ash already has the move on three of his other Pokémon and both his last flying types learned it. Couldn't we have had some variety and have it learn Sky Attack, or even Return?
I believe that Aerial Ace was from Shooti's Hatoboo. Ash's still has its same three moves so far.

Its great to see that Pidove evolved in this episode. :) Say, did they use that same evolution animation shown in BW20 in this episode? :eek:

Yeah, the evolution sequence was the same thankfully. I don't imagine it'll change for a long while yet.

So Aerial Ace was from Trip's Tranquill... thank goodness.

Why are people excited about Pidove evolving? Starly evolving in the 14th ep of DP. This is generic bird #5 that's a re-skinned version of the previous.

Pidove should have never been captured as its a waste of a slot.

Why are people excited about Pidove evolving? Starly evolving in the 14th ep of DP. This is generic bird #5 that's a re-skinned version of the previous.

Pidove should have never been captured as its a waste of a slot.
Because this personality-less bird needs all the fan love she can get.

But don't you know? Its evolved now. Word of God says, Hatoboo will now get twice as more screen time as Mamepato ever did, then it will evolve via Poke-Ringer or in the middle of some big battle, where its on its last legs and should faint, but because of Ash's Awesome Powers of Friendship!© It will make a comeback and then evolve and own the competition without even trying!

Dammit JJM, the whole reason I came to this thread was to post the exact same thing XP

After seeing the screens of this one, I definately think they should have just skipped over Sewaddle and had Ash get that adorable little Venipede instead. Type and moves he hasn't really used much before? The fact it evolves into a wheel? The fact that wheel evolves into a freaking CENTISTEED? A real shame imo.

Wow, the sewers are really gross looking this time around. Guess Unova actually use their sewers?

Still, green water. Yuck.

Little bug thing was adorable! Hope we'll see it again, so tiny and cute! And daww, Ash got poisoned and fainted - poor boy, but man I love the fan art it caused so far.

Shooty's a little arrogant jerk. Dammit Shooty, you can't be arrogant AND wear that orange jacket! Have some decency!

And when Arti goes all Piper-dude from Hamelin on the bugs! What the heck just happened there.

Iris and Kibago's little bro-fist was adorable, and when Mamepato got knocked back and grabbed by Ash, ahhhh, it's so small and pudgy and cute and absolutely confused about everything around it. The writers are meanies for making me like the thing and then immediately evolve it into big-eyed bird-thing with an attitude.

You can tell I've been keeping up with the names here.

What was said at the end when Shooty walked off and Ash made this face?
396-1.jpg

Was it something he said or Shooty said or did Pikachu do something to his back?

Last edited:
Awesome Pidove evolved. That's the only pokemon I like of Ash's.
I didn't liket he gible-esque face Kibago did. Come on writers!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom