• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

The wings need renaming:
Strength Wing = Health Wing
Power Wing = Muscle Wing
Resistance Wing = Resist Wing
Wisdom Wing = Genius Wing
Mind Wing = Clever Wing
Instant Wing = Swift Wing

Found the names by collecting the wings myself.

EDIT: Beautiful Wing is Pretty Wing.
Alright, thanks. We're renaming them.

Very minor one, but the Escape Item PokéToy is actually called Poké Toy.

EDIT: Oh, and the class Pilot keeps its name.

EDIT2: The sign outside Shopping Mall Nine reads

Shopping Mall Nine
Colorful and wonderful!
Changing, it's gonna take a while, though.

And I thought all the items were moved...? Looking at what hasn't got replaced on the wiki:
Heart Sweets got renamed Sweet Heart (confirmed in-game)
Deru Balls got renamed Pass Orb (confirmed in-game)
Lid Fossil got renamed Cover Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Wing Fossil got renamed Plume Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Pumice Stone got renamed Float Stone (confirmed in guide)
Thanks, I wanted to get the items already.

The description for Tail Slap is "The user attacks by striking the target with its hard tail. It hits the Pokémon two to five times in a row."

The description for Hex is "This relentless attack does massive damage to a target affected by status problems."

The description for Bulldoze is "The user stomps down on the ground and attacks everything in the area. Hit Pokémon's Speed stat is reduced.

The description for Coil is "The user coils up and concentrates. This raises its Attack and Defense stats, as well as its accuracy."

By the way, has anybody actually obtained this supposed second fossil from N's Castle? I thought that there wasn't actually one there, in which case it should really be removed from the N's Castle article.

EDIT: As for ingame trades not on there, the Blue Striped Basculin is called Blueeye, and the Emolga is called Minipete, OT is Manny.

EDIT2: Ghetsis's and N's surname is Harmonia. And I saw no Backpacker in N's Castle and was given no fossil, so the N's Castle article is probably wrong.

Last edited:
The description for Tail Slap is "The user attacks by striking the target with its hard tail. It hits the Pokémon two to five times in a row."

The description for Hex is "This relentless attack does massive damage to a target affected by status problems."

The description for Bulldoze is "The user stomps down on the ground and attacks everything in the area. Hit Pokémon's Speed stat is reduced.

The description for Coil is "The user coils up and concentrates. This raises its Attack and Defense stats, as well as its accuracy."

By the way, has anybody actually obtained this supposed second fossil from N's Castle? I thought that there wasn't actually one there, in which case it should really be removed from the N's Castle article.

EDIT: As for ingame trades not on there, the Blue Striped Basculin is called Blueeye, and the Emolga is called Minipete, OT is Manny.

EDIT2: Ghetsis's and N's surname is Harmonia. And I saw no Backpacker in N's Castle and was given no fossil, so the N's Castle article is probably wrong.
Alright, thanks for the updates, although I need the IVs for that Emolga.

The moves' summaries are updated, and we're trying to confirm Harmonia and how it will be displayed, can I ask you for a screenshot of Harmonia?

EDIT: Disregad me, Jello found these text dumps:

It's a basketball that looks like it's been used a lot.It says Harmonia on it...

Jello recalls seeing:
Jello said:
now wasn't there a room in N's castle with some toy stuck in a basketball net or something?
AND:

Ghetsis said:
After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the name Harmonia with me? You good-for-nothing boy!

How do we figure this out in the wiki? Discuss.

Last edited:
Emolga's IVs are as the article says. 20 in everything but Defense, which is 31.

Yeah, that basketball is in N's toy room (the one with the Rare Candy). I've actually only just caught Zekrom, but I'll see If I can take down the exact wording of the text mentioning Harmonia.

The Pokémon Fan Club is in Iccirus City, and the president there gives you an Exp. Share. I don't know the exact circumstances, but he gave it to me when I showed him my starter (Serperior), and he commented about how I met her at level 5, and now she's level 44, so I deserve an Exp. Share.

Just beat N. Exact line is "Ghetsis: After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the same name Harmonia with me?"

N: ... ...
Reshiram and I were beaten.
Your ideals... Your feelings... They were stronger than mine, it seems...
N: (mascot legendary) and (N's legendary)...
Each of them chose a different hero... is that even possible?
Two heroes living at the same time-- one that pursues ideals and one that pursues truth. Could...could they both be right?
I don't know.
It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction.
This is truly the formula for changing the world.
Ghetsis: After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the same name Harmonia with me?
You good-for-nothing-boy!
Ghetsis: To start with, I spurred N into pursuing ideals (In Black)/the truth(In White). The reason we reawakened the legendary Pokémon now was to give MY Team Plasma more power!
Power to control the fearful masses! That at least was well done.
After saying you had put your beliefs on the line and battle to see which one chosen by the legendary Pokémon was the true hero...
You lost to an ordinary Trainer! There is such a thing as being too stupid!
Add it up, and you are nothing more than a warped, defective boy who knows nothing but Pokémon...
(player)! I never would have thought the legendary Pokémon would choose a Trainer like you! It caught me completely off guard.
This doesn't change my goal. My plans have not been disturbed!
In order to rule this world utterly, in order to manipulate the hearts of people who know nothing, I will have N be the king of Team Plasma.
But, for that to work, you-- since you know the truth-- You must be eliminated!
Cheren: Rule the world??
Wasn't Team Plasma's goal to liberate Pokémon?
Ghetsis: That was just a convenient lie that I needed to create Team Plasma.
Use your head. What's to be gained from letting go of useful things like Pokémon?
Certainly, manipulating Pokémon helps people expand their possibilities. That much, I can agree with.
So it naturally follows that only I should be able to use Pokémon!
Alder: You fool! That's a ridiculous idea!
Ghetsis: You can say whatever you want.
A Pokémon, even if it's revered as a deity, is still just a Pokémon.
(player), so what if it chose you! That doesn't mean you're a threat.
Come on! Now you'll face ME in battle!
I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!
N: (player)!
Ghetsis: I won't allow anyone to stop me! No matter who does what!

For those people strange enough to believe that Ghetsis's battle theme may be changed, it's not. And I'll always believe that they're chanting penance.

Last edited:
As for Harmonia, if you want to trust the guide it says this on page 184.
"N is Ghetsis's
son?!

After you defeat N in battle,
Ghetsis's words imply that N is
Ghetsis's son. Apparently, they
are father and son who share the
same last name: Harmonia."

The Pokémon Fan Club is in Iccirus City, and the president there gives you an Exp. Share. I don't know the exact circumstances, but he gave it to me when I showed him my starter (Serperior), and he commented about how I met her at level 5, and now she's level 44, so I deserve an Exp. Share.
According to the guide, it depends on how many levels the Pokémon you show has been trained.
If you've trained a Pokémon 25-49 levels it's an Exp. Share,
50-98 levels you get a Cleanse Tag, and all 99 for a King's Rock.

Also, as for the comment left on this article's talk page, it seems it has--the guide lists one Depot Agent named Josh, in post-credits Nimbasa City(probably the sport domes).

Last edited:
Bianca was the one who called the Gym Leaders, but was too late to get Striaton's. To quote her:
"...I'm sorry.
By the time I went to get the Striaton City Gym Leaders, everything was over..."

Oh, and Cheren is apparently the reason Ghetsis escaped.

"If that's the case...
I let Ghetsis escape when the Shadow Triad created an opening."

EDIT: Ghetsis saved the Shadow Triad's lives, which is why they're still loyal to him.
Ghetsis ordered the Shadow Triad not to look for him.
The Shadow Triad give you the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orbs on Ghetsis's orders. Ghetsis was the one who found the orbs.
The man who runs the Poké Transfer is called Professor Andrew Park.
Pokémon transferred don't have their names changed to lower case unless they evolve.

EDIT2: According to Professor Juniper, the Zen Mode Darmanitan in the Desert Resort have been either hibernating or meditating at the entrance to Relic Castle for 2500 years, which is before the Relic Castle was reduced to ruins. They probably guarded the castle.

EDIT3: The RageCandyBar (its spelling is the same as in HG/SS) doesn't cure all status ailments, it still heals 20HP like in G/S/C.

Also, all the TMs that the Sages give you were given to them by Ghetsis. They give them to you because they "don't need them anymore".

Ryoku says that the other sages "haven't found out if Ghetsis and N are father and son".

Description of Gear Grind: "The user attacks by throwing two steel gears at the target."

Description of Shift Gear: "The user rotates its gears, raising its Attack and sharply raising its Speed."

Description of Electro Ball: "The user hurls an electric orb at the target. The faster the user is than the target, the greater the damage."

Description of Acrobatics: "The user nimbly strikes the target. If the user is not holding an item, this attack inflicts massive damage."

Description of Chip Away: "Looking for an opening, the user strikes continually. The target's stat changes don't affect this attack's damage."

Description of Stored Power: "The user attacks the target with stored power. The more the user's stats are raised, the greater the damage."

Description of Psyshock: "The user materializes an odd psychic wave to attack the target. This attack does physical damage."

The "fog" on Routes 14 and 15 is actually called mist ingame.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but can soemone check if there are any changes in the GTS list of countries? Because in White, South Korea is listed as South Korea, and I am pretty sure it was just called Korea (or Republic of Korea) in Gen IV. Also, Myanmar is listed as Myanmar, while it may have been Burma in the Gen IV games. And oddly, Ukraine seems to be missing from the list. And can someone check if Montenegro and Serbia are listed seperatly in D/P, or as Serbia & Montenegro?

When Thundurus appears on Route 7, Tornadus's cry is heard.

Not true. The opposite is true for Tornadus in the Japanese version at least (not sure about eng vers) but they got Thundurus's cry right.

Morimoto's Trainer Class is now GAME FREAK

The final floor of Mistralton Cave where Cobalion is found is called Guidance Chamber. It even calls it that on the save screen.

Last edited:
Pikiwyn removed my additions to Ampharos and Manectric without providing any reason for doing so. He also removed a long-standing note about Marowak from the Deoxys page stating items shouldn't be included, removing my edit regarding Ampharos and Manectric at the same time, but that doesn't apply to Ampharos or Manectric. I can't even bring this up on his talk page because editing is locked for non-staff.

Sorry, but I find that dickish.

Last edited:
Pikiwyn removed my additions to Ampharos and Manectric without providing any reason for doing so. He also removed a long-standing note about Marowak from the Deoxys page stating items shouldn't be included, removing my edit regarding Ampharos and Manectric at the same time, but that doesn't apply to Ampharos or Manectric. I can't even bring this up on his talk page because editing is locked for non-staff.

Sorry, but I find that dickish.
Trivia for the sake of trivia is bad. If something isn't the highest/best/lowest/worst then it isn't notable. (Manectric)

The Deoxys one is just too conditional to add back in IMO.

The Ampharos one I'm unsure about adding back in, it may be a little conditional.

IMO, trivia like that should only include stuff that is the Pokemon alone. (i.e. single battle, no items counted, no stat-boosting) but I would like to see some debate on that once the wiki is unlocked, or in a separate thread.

All that said, please people, unless it is really obvious, leave an edit summary. If we are looking through the history to see when something was added/removed/changed, it is much easier if there are edit summaries. It is also more polite, and helpful in general.

Trivia for the sake of trivia is bad. If something isn't the highest/best/lowest/worst then it isn't notable. (Manectric)

The Deoxys one is just too conditional to add back in IMO.

The Ampharos one I'm unsure about adding back in, it may be a little conditional.

IMO, trivia like that should only include stuff that is the Pokemon alone. (i.e. single battle, no items counted, no stat-boosting) but I would like to see some debate on that once the wiki is unlocked, or in a separate thread.

All that said, please people, unless it is really obvious, leave an edit summary. If we are looking through the history to see when something was added/removed/changed, it is much easier if there are edit summaries. It is also more polite, and helpful in general.

The point about Manectric is notable only because it takes a place above Deoxys - otherwise, it's confusing to say something like "Deoxys has the third highest absolute Special Attack".

I can agree with the comment about Marowak, and I don't contest that point (I did not add it, but integrated it into my edit), but the rationale for its removal does not apply to my addition.

I don't agree with saying single battles are the only ones worth considering, because single battles are not the only type - there are a number of moves and abilities, such as the abilities in question, which are only useful in multi battles. Besides which, double battles against wild Pokémon are possible in Black and White, so it would be fairly simple to have a pair of Pokémon that both had higher Special Attack than Deoxys. I can, however, agree with excluding esoteric combinations of items, buffs and other moves unless it's really interesting, such as the insane power that Shuckle can possess.

Also, to clarify, what I find dickish is that no edit summary was provided, precluding discussion, and I am not permitted to respond. I myself should have provided an edit summary, though an addition is generally self-explanatory when using diff, whereas a removal is not.

At any rate, I should like to discuss this point further - I posted here because I was unsure of where else I might mention it.

A mistake I've noticed: In Route 14, the Pokémon you find in dark patches isn't Mienfoo, it's Mienshao.

EDIT: The 4 Musical classes are now cool, cute, elegant and quirky, according to a woman in the theatre.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but can soemone check if there are any changes in the GTS list of countries? Because in White, South Korea is listed as South Korea, and I am pretty sure it was just called Korea (or Republic of Korea) in Gen IV. Also, Myanmar is listed as Myanmar, while it may have been Burma in the Gen IV games. And oddly, Ukraine seems to be missing from the list. And can someone check if Montenegro and Serbia are listed seperatly in D/P, or as Serbia & Montenegro?

I've made a list of the countries (and territories), and added an asterix to the countries not included (i couldn't be bothered adding all the territories). It certainly makes an interesting read. Why developed countries like (a lot of) EU countries, or Syria would be exculded, and yet some of the worlds poorest nations like Burindi would be included is beyond belief. A possible addition to the trivia?

*Abkhazia
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
*Andorra
Angola
Antigua
Argentina
*Armenia
Australia
Austria
*Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
*Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
*Bhutan
Bolivia
*Bosnia
Botswana
Brazil
British Virgins
*Brunei
Bulgaria
*Burkina faso
Burundi
Cambodia
*Cameroon
Canada
*Cape verde
*Central african republic
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
*Comoros
Congo (only one of them, just says Congo)
Cook islands
Costa rica
*Cote d'ivoire
Croatia
*Cuba
Cyprus
Czech
Denmark
*Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican republic
*East timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
*Equatorial guinea
*Eritrea
*Estonia
*Ethiopia
Fiji
Finland
France
French guiana
Gabon
*Gambia
*Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
Guadaloupe
Guatemala
Guinea
*Guinea-bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
*Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
*Kazakhstan
Kenya
*Kiribati
*Kosovo
Kuwait
*Kyrgyzstan
*Laos
*Latvia
Lebanon
*Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
*Liechtenstein
*Lithuania
Luxembourg
*Macedonia
*Madagascar
*Malawi
Malaysia
*Maldives
*Mali
Malta
*Marshalls
Martinique
*Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
*Micronesia
*Moldova
*Monaco
*Mongolia
Montenegro
Morroco
*Mozambique
Myanmar
*Nagorno-karabakh
*Namibia
*Nauru
*Nepal
Netherlands
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
*Northern cyprus
*North korea
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
*Palau
*Palestine
Panama
Papua New Guinea
*Paraguay
Peru
Phillipines
Poland
Portugal
*Pridnestrovie
*Qatar
Romania
Russia
*Rwanda
*Sahrawi
*St Kitts
*St Lucia
Samaoa
*San Marino
*Sao Tome
*Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
*Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
*Solomons
*Somalia
*Somaliland
South Africa
South Korea
*South Ossetia
*South Sudan
Spain
Sri Lanka
*Sudan
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
*Syria
Taiwan
*Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
*Tonga
*Trinidad
Tunisia
Turkey
*Turkmenistan
*Tuvalu
Uganda
*Ukraine
UAE
UK
USA
Uruguay
*Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
*Vatican
Venezuela
Vietnam
*Yemen
*Zambia
*Zimbabwe

i have a simple suggestion...

the template for which attack hits who is kinda like this at present:

FOE FOE FOE
ALLY SELF ALLY

utterly pointless (don't quote this saying "what if you're in the middle!?!" seriously think before saying that - it's irrelevant)

the visual display tells you nothing about targets on the other side of the field and it needs to be like this:

FOE FOE FOE
SELF ALLY ALLY

that is all

I've made a list of the countries (and territories), and added an asterix to the countries not included (i couldn't be bothered adding all the territories). It certainly makes an interesting read. Why developed countries like (a lot of) EU countries, or Syria would be exculded, and yet some of the worlds poorest nations like Burindi would be included is beyond belief. A possible addition to the trivia?

It seems like every country that was formerly part of the USSR (with the exception of Russia) has been excluded. Maybe GF only had access to avery old atlas?

That, or they're Communists. Yeah, that'll be it.

Back
Top Bottom