• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW026 - Fishing Conference of Hiun City

This also cements Bianca as a real recurring character and rival. There was always the changed she'd never appear again.

I'm glad Ash has a real female rival, unless like Casey who just fizzled out and never amounted to anything.

omg!!! maybe flashbacks to..... little baby cilan, cress and chili??? hey, if they could do it with roark and volkner and flint and aaron.... :D :D :D

with cilan being such a main character, i'm positive we will get childhood flashbacks at some point. i just wish it would show how all three brothers were as children. who apparently loved to go fishing.

Yeeeessss...I'd die, holy crap. I have an alternate delusion in which I'm thinking that Cilan had a traumatic experience of some kind that causes him to get so riled up about fishing...knowing him and his "past," not everything is sweet and sugary *shudders*

Maybe Dento learned a thing or two about fishing from Cress XDD I wonder...........would Chili even go into the water?

..LOL!

But, what kind of fabuloushistory Dent must have? Maybe his parents went to fishing every sunday XD

And who even gives a crap to the other characters when we have Dent/Cilan? He is dentlicious, if was only him the main character the anime would be more famous XDDDD

Perhaps, but that's not fabulous enough for him! Certainly his story behind this will have much tension and drama :p or it'll end up being as simple as that...I'm good either way

I know, right? I'm actually hoping for some Bianca focus in this one. It'd be amazing if in a turn of events, she ended up beating the fishing sommelier. ;-)

Yeeeessss...I'd die, holy crap. I have an alternate delusion in which I'm thinking that Cilan had a traumatic experience of some kind that causes him to get so riled up about fishing...

flashback

And he had to be saved from drowning by Corn's Hiyapp, or something. A flashback would be good in not only understanding more about Dent, but hopefully Corn and Pod as well as they didn't actually do that much.

I'm actually iffy about this being real. Sounds too lulzy to be true, y'know? 'Course, I won't be if an undeniable source pops up.

omg!!! maybe flashbacks to..... little baby cilan, cress and chili??? hey, if they could do it with roark and volkner and flint and aaron.... :D :D :D

with cilan being such a main character, i'm positive we will get childhood flashbacks at some point. i just wish it would show how all three brothers were as children. who apparently loved to go fishing.
Yes! Everything's better with flashbacks of characters as bitties, and the sooner the better. Hey, we got Cilan shirtless by ep 13 so anything's possible. =P I also wanna see how the brothers met their monkey Pokémon and how/when they got to be Gym Leaders.

Yeeeessss...I'd die, holy crap. I have an alternate delusion in which I'm thinking that Cilan had a traumatic experience of some kind that causes him to get so riled up about fishing...knowing him and his "past," not everything is sweet and sugary *shudders*
His "past"? ...I'm lost. What do you mean?

Anyway, it'd be interesting if things weren't always so good for Cilan. I've got an idea, but I suppose we'll be waiting on that one.

It's nice to get some character development for a change. I wouldn't say that Dento has the potential to be main character level like Hikari was, I feel like his "I can explain everything that's going on" Takeshi-esque trait knocks him out in that area. Regardless, he can still have centric episodes, and I think the writers are taking advantage of that and making the "know-it-all" character interesting for a change.

I'm betting Iris will have her time, it seems like there will be some development with Kibago, so I'm not too worried that not much light is being shed on her currently.

Also, Bel! It's great to see her back again. I didn't think she was a one time character as she talked about her badges and gave a hint of a backstory about her father, but you never know until you read an episode summary or a VA cast list.

I wouldn't say that Dento has the potential to be main character level like Hikari was, I feel like his "I can explain everything that's going on" Takeshi-esque trait knocks him out in that area.

Well Cilan can at least get almost as much eps as Dawn outside of Contests. Remember, the Contests alone are what gave Dawn and to a lesser extent May more screentime than everyone else.

However people often forget that Dawn and May still got a large chunk of regular episodes outside of Contests dedicated to them. What I think is Cilan will get screentime similar to the girls *outside* of contests, making him seem important that way.

If Cilan really does get a recurring rival, and he starts competing in several things, its quite possibly he'll be treated as a more important character.

I originally thought Iris/Cilan were going to be treated equal this saga, but now I don't think that's the case. Even assuming Iris gets more screentime in late BW, it won't discount all this Cilan focus.

Does anyone have actual proof of this ep? A link maybe?

If so a fishing competition is cool and in New York no less' but he's got no water types. Mijumaru is a water type and Pikachu can swim awesome for an electric type.

Bel is back awesome. Charbu obviously won't be the star less it can swim like Cyndaquil.

His "past"? ...I'm lost. What do you mean?

Anyway, it'd be interesting if things weren't always so good for Cilan. I've got an idea, but I suppose we'll be waiting on that one.

Well, according to Cabernet, Cilan is very prone to antagonistic behaviors; they had to have risen from somewhere :p (And I completely and utterly trust Cabernet's judgment)

And he had to be saved from drowning by Corn's Hiyapp, or something. A flashback would be good in not only understanding more about Dent, but hopefully Corn and Pod as well as they didn't actually do that much.

Yes, any type of development on his family would be great! Because right now, they don't seem to have a huge impact on his character (which is sad, since usually family bonds are expanded on :( )

I don't think Cilan has a problem about water... I mean, we saw Bianca pushing Ash and Cilan in the water, so it would be weird if he had a problem xD

Funny... Bianca has been in episodes where water was in it xD

The episode's real? That's great news! We can never have enough Bianca! Although I gotta wonder how many talents Cilan has. Is there anything he can't do?

Well, according to Cabernet, Cilan is very prone to antagonistic behaviors; they had to have risen from somewhere :p (And I completely and utterly trust Cabernet's judgment)
Ah, okay. I got the impression that we can't really trust Cabernet to give an objective view on the situation. I'd love to see what actually happened, but I bet what Cilan said about Cabernet and her Oshawott was pretty similar to what he said about Ash and his Oshawott. Just that instead of seeing one guy giving his opinion, she sees a jerk who gets his jollies from bullying girls. With that said, if there was some truth to Cabernet's side of the story... I can't say I'd be adverse to it. ;)

On a slightly different note, I would I love it to find out why Cilan became a Sommelier in the first place. I have an idea, but I really hope canon does give us something on that.

Yes, any type of development on his family would be great! Because right now, they don't seem to have a huge impact on his character (which is sad, since usually family bonds are expanded on :( )

He's a ass at times True. He basically said to Satoshi/Ash "Your relationship, with Oshawott is shit." Kaberune is right in her own right about him being a dick. Hell that battle was before he met Ash/Satoshi he may have been even more jerky.

You love Dento don'cha?

And the whoring out of Dento begins.

I think Cabby may be right about Dent - we saw how he acted when he battled her, and the expressions he made. Watch, one day he'll snap and kill everyone, and Cabernet will be all, "You see? I told you!!"

*ahem* As for the episode, I hope we can see pairings. Maybe not the romantic sense, but maybe Bianca and Cilan go to one fishing spot, Ash and Iris to another.

I hope everyone has a different style of fishing.

I think Cabby may be right about Dent - we saw how he acted when he battled her, and the expressions he made. Watch, one day he'll snap and kill everyone, and Cabernet will be all, "You see? I told you!!"

I second this.

Whatever Cilan's exact words to Cabernet were...it's obvious that he managed to hurt her very badly. And that's more than enough for me. ;)

Yay! It's really true! Bel and Dento get this episode!!!!!!!!!!

*salivates*

Yeah, I'm also hoping for some good old flashback and fleshing out of Dento's character. Now... WE NEED MORE CORN AND POD!!!

*ahem* As for the episode, I hope we can see pairings. Maybe not the romantic sense, but maybe Bianca and Cilan go to one fishing spot, Ash and Iris to another.

IB4 Hellion says Satoshi, Dent, and Bel should go to one fishing spot while Iris finds her own.

The more I think about it, the more I start to imagine Dent's background being explored in this episode. It seems likely to happen.

Oh yeah, I forgot how much Bianca and Iris interacted in the games! If they develop that, I won't complain ^^ But that was Iris assuming the role of a Gym Leader/body guard...right? Which I don't think is portrayed in the anime >_>

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom