• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the main storyline, and all my pokemon are low level 50s... why is it that all of the pokemon by trainers in the newly opened up routes are over level 60? Have I missed something? I haven't even challenged the champion yet! How do I? Thanks.

I just finished the main storyline, and all my pokemon are low level 50s... why is it that all of the pokemon by trainers in the newly opened up routes are over level 60? Have I missed something? I haven't even challenged the champion yet! How do I? Thanks.

You haven't missed anything, they just are higher leveled. But unlike E4, their movesets are just like they'd just caught them, so they shouldn't be a problem really.

I asked this in the Simple Questions and Simple Answers thread but I thought this might make sense here too because its about Generation V.
Victini's Victory Star ability says (on Bulbapedia's Victory Star ability page) that it "raises the Accuracy of both the user and its partners by 10% in double and triple battles." Does this mean that in a 2-on-2 battle or a 3-on-3 battle, a 90% accuracy move (like Zen Headbutt) will become 99% accuracy or will it become 100% accuracy for that move (not including any moves that the foe might use like Sand Attack)?

Rather specific question...

My Emboar has 145 Attack, and 102 Special Attack...

Is it better to use Flame Charge, since he has more Attack, or Flamethrower, since it's a more powerful move overall?

Why don't you just multiply the offensive stat with the move's base power to see which one has the overall higher power?

It's flamethrower btw.

Rather specific question...

My Emboar has 145 Attack, and 102 Special Attack...

Is it better to use Flame Charge, since he has more Attack, or Flamethrower, since it's a more powerful move overall?

I'd say Flame Charge given the massive difference between the two stats. You'd also get the speed boost from Flame Charge which is sort of needed for Emboar.

I need some team help. I'm just about to go to Dragonspiral, but I can't decide whether I should use a new Pokemon or not. I have:
Darmanitan
Duosion
Zoroark
Mienfou
Servine
Stunfisk
I want to add a freshly caught Drilbur, yet I don't know who to dethrone. Should I add in the Drilbur?

I've been training a Purrloin, but I just realized it has the Unburden ability (raises speed when it loses an item, but not when it starts with no item). Other than just using berries, is there any move it can learn to throw an item akin to Fling, or should I just cut my losses and find one with Limber?

I'd say Flame Charge given the massive difference between the two stats. You'd also get the speed boost from Flame Charge which is sort of needed for Emboar.
The massive difference between the two stats is also smaller than the massive difference between the two moves even before STAB. With STAB, flame charge is 75, flamethrower is 142 (rounded down). That's almost double its power, and a much larger difference than his offensive stats.

Yeah, it gives you the speed boost, but in-game a lot of things are slow. You get more power out of Flamethrower than you would from Flame Charge.

Rematches?

How can you get rematches with ordinary trainers? I need some money to get Poke Balls but the second round Elite 4 is just too high level to match with right now.

I have a small problem - there's just so many amazing Pokemon in Unova I can't choose just six of them for my team! I'm in Driftveil City and so far my team has been Dewott, Pansear, Munna, Liepard, Drilbur and Petilil. But I've just caught an Emolga and Deerling, both of which are brilliant in battle, and now I can't decide if I should replace two of my current Pokemon to make room for them. Having Deerling take Petilil's slot seems the most obvious choice, but I don't know who to replace with Emolga.

I was thinking of replacing Petilil with Emolga, as I don't really need a Grass type at all: Dewott and Emolga combined have all the type advantages of a Grass Pokemon (Rock, Ground, Water). I'm also thinking of using Vanillite or Sandile, are they any good?

Another problem is that none of these Pokemon can learn Fly, but Pidove is kind of boring and I don't really want to use Woobat as I already have Munna as my Psychic type. Braviary or Zekrom will eventually be my Flyer, but I won't be able to obtain them for a while. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have a small problem - there's just so many amazing Pokemon in Unova I can't choose just six of them for my team! I'm in Driftveil City and so far my team has been Dewott, Pansear, Munna, Liepard, Drilbur and Petilil. But I've just caught an Emolga and Deerling, both of which are brilliant in battle, and now I can't decide if I should replace two of my current Pokemon to make room for them. Having Deerling take Petilil's slot seems the most obvious choice, but I don't know who to replace with Emolga.

I was thinking of replacing Petilil with Emolga, as I don't really need a Grass type at all: Dewott and Emolga combined have all the type advantages of a Grass Pokemon (Rock, Ground, Water). I'm also thinking of using Vanillite or Sandile, are they any good?

Another problem is that none of these Pokemon can learn Fly, but Pidove is kind of boring and I don't really want to use Woobat as I already have Munna as my Psychic type. Braviary or Zekrom will eventually be my Flyer, but I won't be able to obtain them for a while. Any suggestions?

I have Serperior, swoobat, Simipour (evolve at level 33, it learns crunch) Zebstrika, conkeldurr and darmanitan, hope it helps your choice
:ksmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom