• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which gym leader is the most forgettable?

I'm counting Elite 4 members too.

Koga, Agatha, Bruno, Janine, Chuck, Brawly, Winona, everyone in the Hoenn E4, everyone in the Sinnoh E4 not named Flint, and Brycen.

Out of them all, I can never remember the Hoenn gym leaders. The only two I can ever think of are Roxanne (I think) and Winona (because her name is weird). I dont even remember the Hoenn Elite Four.
I remember every Gym leader from Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova though

chuck,koga,and brawly
i seriously forgot brawly i even had to look him up cause i forgot his name and how he looks
thats sad

Most of the ones from Sinnoh, because I wasn't a big fan of Gen IV. From the most recent games, Brycen is probably the least recognizable- he doesn't talk much, and doesn't interact with the character either. Of course, some might remember him for those factors instead.

In SoulSilver, I don't remember Janine or Falkner much either. Chuck always sticks out in my mind because they make a point he has a wife in the game and that somewhat creeps me out.

The Hoenn Gym leaders. I have not played a Hoenn based game in ages.

All the ones I've forgot, I suppose. There are a few who I recall as being so bland it hurts though. Like Bugsy or Jasmine.

There was a Rock type leader in Hoenn who had the name of a prostitute, hmm what was it now?

Who's Chuck? Trying to remember... Is he the one that stood underneath the waterfall in his gym? Brawly is generic as well, but I guess it's easier for me to remember him since I still play Emerald somewhat frequently.
I don't get the hate for Clay though. He was actually quite memorable in my opinion due to his unique mannerisms and speech.
Least memorable in this generation for me has to be Drayden. Why? I never had to battle him.

You people saying Chuck are mad. He picked up a boulder over his head and throws it. The word badass is used pretty loosely these days but this man definitely fits under the criteria. Plus his Poliwrath kept f-ing me up cos I didn't have any grass or electric type pokemon.

I'd say the most forgettable would be Roxanne. I barely even remember her name let alone what she looks like.

I remember all of the gym leaders except for the Hoeen Elite Four. Their probably the most forgetful for me because I have never seen them anywhere except for the Dragon Guy (Still dunno his name) who appeared in the anime.

Blaine (Cinnabar) and Morty (Ecruteak)

They are the last ones I thought of when I listed all the gym leaders in my notepad. The gen IV and V are still fresh to my memory because I still play on them.

I didn't even know who Pryce was until last year, and I've been a member of the fandom since '05. But again, I've never played a Johto game.

I'd say Winona. Even though I like her a lot, I admit there is really nothing unique about her in the games. You don't meet her outside of the gym and she doesn't have a whole lot of personality. In the anime she has that shiny Swellow though so at least that's something.

Probably Brawly. All I remember about him is that he was ridiculously overleveled for that part of the game. :(

How is anyone forgetting Chuck? o.0 I can't forget about him cuz his Poliwrath still kicks my ass to this day.

That said, I gotta say Janine or Brawly. Koga out shines Janine, & Brawly... well, I forgot he even existed until I recently started rewatching the Hoenn Saga.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom