• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dumbest NPC?

Yesterday, I was gonna catch Registeel. I opened the chambers by solving the puzzle on route 134 and the I went to the place were where Registeel's chamber is. then this ruin maniac batles you outside of the ruins. two things really bugged me about him:

He was training his sandslash in the rain. Ever talked to your sandslash in HG/SS in rain? It will NOT be amused. Plus, the rain boosts water moves.

After I beat him he said: "That giant rock... I would like to belive it may indeed contain ancident ruins. But I see no entrance"
WTF? There is a giant hole in the middle of the rock right in front of you! that is obviously an entrance! How can you miss that?

And to anyone that said that Blue's the only gym leader that doesn't have brain damge: THANK YOU! Most people just don't get it -_-

Last edited:
A couple of days ago in my Black Version, I was battling an NPC (I think it was Fisherman Vince on Route 13), and he sent out his Octillery. I was using my Zweilous. Octillery proceeded to use Soak, and then Ice Beam and Signal Beam, which would otherwise have been super effective.

Honestly, those fishermen just make me laugh sometimes...

a young karate kid, i forgot the class, ninja boy? in platinum, after battle he said, "I dont know why People stop being ninjas after they grow up". Has he seen some karate guys that are in the same area as his, and fighting gyms?

Im making a thread opposite of this, who do you think is the most intelligent npc.

The player's character, and anyone that "translates" for him/her. Half the stuff the game claims my character says, would be the dead opposite compared to my realistic reaction. Because if I was going to raid an enemy's HQ, I wouldn't just brainlessly rush in, hoping I don't die. I'd review maps of the building and surrounding area, assemble my own little team/squad, formulate a plan of attack, THEN go beat them up.

Bianca for being unsure that she lost. Didn't you see I just destroyed your team?

The player's character, and anyone that "translates" for him/her. Half the stuff the game claims my character says, would be the dead opposite compared to my realistic reaction. Because if I was going to raid an enemy's HQ, I wouldn't just brainlessly rush in, hoping I don't die. I'd review maps of the building and surrounding area, assemble my own little team/squad, formulate a plan of attack, THEN go beat them up.
Certainly if you're the player since you completely missed the title.

"Done like dinner!"
"You're not wearing shorts!"
"Eek, did you touch me?"
"That look, it's intriguing!"
"You look weak, come on!"
"Meow meow meow meow meow..."

I want to kill all of you :|

not really dumb, but i thought i should mention him
''i'm the gruntiest of grunts... i don't even have Pokémon!''

also - Barry, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO STOP YOUR FRIGGIN RUNNING SHOES!!!1!

In the cave where you need flash for in leaf green/fire red, the picnicker that says, "You better not be doing anything funny in the dark!" 'funny' considering that I am male, that was pretty stupid to say.

Joey. Hey, your stupid rat sucks and so do you! Krise is a bit of a doofus as well. Whenever she calls it's the same thing: "I caught this Pokemon but let it go.." Are you dumb or something?! :banghead:

In reality any NPC in the johto remakes who challenges you with low level pokemon while you have a bloody Tyranitar or something as equally big and powerful standing right behind you.

In reality any NPC in the johto remakes who challenges you with low level pokemon while you have a bloody Tyranitar or something as equally big and powerful standing right behind you.

How would they know what level it is?
And when they phone you, it's not like they know what Pokemon you have with you.

The scientist that blocks your way in Oldale Town. He examines the footprints of a so-called "rare" pokemon, but after you battle May at route 103, he says that it is only his footprints.

Heck, how could you hardly differentiate a human's footprint with a rare pokemon? This scientist is thinking too much out of the box.

The scientist that blocks your way in Oldale Town. He examines the footprints of a so-called "rare" pokemon, but after you battle May at route 103, he says that it is only his footprints.

Heck, how could you hardly differentiate a human's footprint with a rare pokemon? This scientist is thinking too much out of the box.

Haha, I remember this guy! I was like >.>, how do you get your OWN footprints mixed up with a pokemons?

Ghetis.....For insulting his son in ways that describe him. I laughed becausse all he was doing was describing himself when he insulted N....

OR

Youngster Joey.

Cyrus-I just don't like that guy. What he wanted to do? Obtain Pokemon power? Oh, come on.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom