• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official BMGf Homework Tutor/Help Thread

Username: GoldenrodGirl (GG for short)
Best subjects: German, French and Creative Writing.

German: I have been learning German for over seven years and still am (Taking it for GCSE)

French: I have learnt French for seven years and I was going to continue it for GCSE but changed my mind two months ago. If that still isn't good enough for you, my French teacher went into mourning when I left my old school two years ago =D xD

Creative writing: I LIKE WORDS! XD

Username: Rebornrocks (just call me Reborn :))
Best Subjects: Art, Art history, and Social studies

I don't see the first two on the list, but I suggest them.

Last edited:
Username: KronosClownz.
Subjects: English/Science/P.E/Humanities/French.

I need help with my algebra 2. :(

DIRECTIONS: Identify the zeros and asymptopes of each function and then graph the function.

f(x)= x^2-4/x+3

(The x^2-4 is over the x+3)

I need help with my algebra 2. :(

DIRECTIONS: Identify the zeros and asymptopes of each function and then graph the function.

f(x)= x^2-4/x+3

(The x^2-4 is over the x+3)

To find the zeroes, find which values of x will cause the function to equal zero. In this case it is -2 and 2, since -2^2 = 4 and 2^2 = 4.

In order to find the asymptotes, find the values of x that will cause the function to not be defined. A function is undefined when it is divided by zero. Therefore there is an asymptote at x = -3 since that will cause the bottom to be zero.

In order to find the asymptotes, find the values of x that will cause the function to not be defined. A function is undefined when it is divided by zero. Therefore there is an asymptote at x = -3 since that will cause the bottom to be zero.

This is the part I dont understand. My teacher taught us this yesterday, but sadly I was absent.

"find the values of X that cause the function to not be defined."

How do you find that?

This is the part I dont understand. My teacher taught us this yesterday, but sadly I was absent.

"find the values of X that cause the function to not be defined."

How do you find that?

A fraction is undefined when its denominator equals zero. In the example above, the function is undefined when x = -3 because (-3) + 3 = 0.

Some rational functions will have multiple vertical asymptotes when the denominator is a polynomial of degree 2 or higher. Always be sure to set the entire denominator equal to zero and solve the equation to find the vertical asymptotes of the function.

Thanks for the help guys! I get it now. :)
I also had trouble with the graphing part, but my teacher cleared that up today. :)

Username: Kaori
Best Subject(s): English; writing, proofreading, essay & speech help depending on topic.

Last edited:
Need Astronomy Calculation Help

I tried asking this question all over Yahoo yesterday and today and always got something irrelevant whether it was too long or that 10 days were missing from the Gregorian Calendar which has nothing to do with this, what I'm about to say.

Recently on Starry Night, I just figured out that 15,719 years from the earliest of my birthdays I can view in there is an exact full amount of days thus I decided to calculate it for the 9th time again. I started out well with the exception of my subtraction error. I took the new sunrise time of 4:25:59 PM PDT and subtracted it from the old and the original sunrise time of 8:12:27 PM PDT and came up with a 3 hour 46 minute and 28 second difference. Then I took 15,719 years and multiplied them by 365.25 days per year because the year is normally 365.25 days or was in this case; I'm way far back in BC for it to be recognized as its current length of about 365.24219 days. I came up with 5,741,364 days and 18 hours and then added an additional 62 days and 6 hours to it to bring it up to a whole amount of days rather than a mixed number and then I came up with 5,741,427 days total. I timsed that by 24 hours per day and received 137,794,248 hours total, then timsed that by 60 minutes per hour and received 8,267,654,880 minutes total, then timsed that by 60 seconds per minute and received 496,059,292,800 seconds total; yet those were the amount of solar seconds. I still had to subtract the result from those 3 hours 46 minutes and 28 seconds drifting backwards. I took 60 minutes per hour and multiplied it by 3 hours and received 180 minutes then added 46 minutes to the 180 minutes and received 226 minutes, then timsed it by 60 seconds per minute and received 13,560 seconds, then added an additional 28 seconds to the original 13,560 seconds and received 13,588 seconds. Then I took 496,059,292,800 seconds, subtracted 13,588 seconds from it and came up with now 496,059,279,212 seconds total as in clock seconds, seconds that's passed on the clock since that beginning and then divided it by 5,471,427 days, the amount of days these amount of seconds were actually. I had a breeze going through this part with the exception of my subtraction error thus during the division part I started having trouble.

Edit: I had the length of day right in seconds the whole time. So fixed my work. It seems like there was nothing wrong with my division. The 6 was correct. My subtraction was incorrect as I went through and evaluated everything. Instead of making the 2 a 12 I think I took 2 from 3 and then subtracted 9 from 8 before dividing by the number of days.

Last edited:
Username: Twilight Princess

Best subjects: Science (biology), Foreign Languages (arabic) & writing

arabic is what i speak at home. i usually get 90-100% in my science tests and i enjoy creative writing.

Username: RegiRuler

best subjects: Math (current level Algebra 2)
Top student in my class.
Anyway, I thought I had an idea for this thread a while back... didn't go so well.

Username: ShadowRain
Best subjects: Algebra, Biology, Geography, United States history (current level), Spanish (currently in my 6th year), Writing, Proofreading, Essay and Research Project help.

Username: Angelic Devil
Best subjects: Social Studies/History, Writing, Reading Comprehension, PowerPoint help, United States History, Book Report help, Language Arts/English.
Plus...Maybe you could put art as a subject? Because I'm really good at it, and people say I may have unlocked a secret of the Mona Lisa's background. A college friend of mine said...Anyway, I'm really good in reading. Before 5th grade, Bam!-straight 100's. :) I hope I can help~

Last edited:
Username: pman
Best Subject: Physics/maths

I'm a second year nuclear/medical and radiation physics student at uni.

can deal with most problems physics related...people are welcome to PM me.

I tried asking this question all over Yahoo yesterday and today and always got something irrelevant whether it was too long or that 10 days were missing from the Gregorian Calendar which has nothing to do with this, what I'm about to say.

Recently on Starry Night, I just figured out that 15,719 years from the earliest of my birthdays I can view in there is an exact full amount of days thus I decided to calculate it for the 9th time again. I started out well with the exception of my subtraction error. I took the new sunrise time of 4:25:59 PM PDT and subtracted it from the old and the original sunrise time of 8:12:27 PM PDT and came up with a 3 hour 46 minute and 28 second difference. Then I took 15,719 years and multiplied them by 365.25 days per year because the year is normally 365.25 days or was in this case; I'm way far back in BC for it to be recognized as its current length of about 365.24219 days. I came up with 5,741,364 days and 18 hours and then added an additional 62 days and 6 hours to it to bring it up to a whole amount of days rather than a mixed number and then I came up with 5,741,427 days total. I timsed that by 24 hours per day and received 137,794,248 hours total, then timsed that by 60 minutes per hour and received 8,267,654,880 minutes total, then timsed that by 60 seconds per minute and received 496,059,292,800 seconds total; yet those were the amount of solar seconds. I still had to subtract the result from those 3 hours 46 minutes and 28 seconds drifting backwards. I took 60 minutes per hour and multiplied it by 3 hours and received 180 minutes then added 46 minutes to the 180 minutes and received 226 minutes, then timsed it by 60 seconds per minute and received 13,560 seconds, then added an additional 28 seconds to the original 13,560 seconds and received 13,588 seconds. Then I took 496,059,292,800 seconds, subtracted 13,588 seconds from it and came up with now 496,059,279,212 seconds total as in clock seconds, seconds that's passed on the clock since that beginning and then divided it by 5,471,427 days, the amount of days these amount of seconds were actually. I had a breeze going through this part with the exception of my subtraction error thus during the division part I started having trouble.

Edit: I had the length of day right in seconds the whole time. So fixed my work. It seems like there was nothing wrong with my division. The 6 was correct. My subtraction was incorrect as I went through and evaluated everything. Instead of making the 2 a 12 I think I took 2 from 3 and then subtracted 9 from 8 before dividing by the number of days.

What is the exact question you are trying to solve

EDIT:can also do health science to a certain extend (medical physics)

Last edited:
For EE or Physics students

This question is for an EE or physics student.

Do you know how much power a return signal has to have in order for radar to be useful?

Here is why I need to know this. I'm designing a satellite that must detect a piece of space debris (Delta II second stage, about 6 meter tall 2.4 meter diameter radius) at a distance of up to 1 km. The satellite size is one cubic meter, so we don't have much room to work with antenna size. Also, we don't have very much power to spare. Ideally I would like to use no more than 30 Watts, and an antenna more than 0.5 m^2 would probably not be practical.

Can anyone please help me with my chemistry?

How many moles of H2 gas are produced when 0.1 mol of Mg reacts with excess HCl according to the equation:

Mg(s) + 2HCl(aq) -> MgCl(aq) + H2(g)

Can anyone please help me with my chemistry?

How many moles of H2 gas are produced when 0.1 mol of Mg reacts with excess HCl according to the equation:

Mg(s) + 2HCl(aq) -> MgCl(aq) + H2(g)

If moles are a measure of quantity, and the equation there is tells you how many molecules are involved in the reaction per reaction, use ratios and you should be able to figure it out. I don't want to tell you the answer, because then you don't learn it, but if you're having issues, or want me to explain the concept further, feel free to shoot me a PM/VM.

I need to list 10 ways a diode can be used in a series circuit. Can someone help?

Back
Top Bottom