• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deaths in the pokemon manga

thealphamon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just needed your input on something. You know how, in the manga, pokemon like Brock's onix and giovanni's golem get shattered, or broken apart, or whatever. Well do you think that KILLS the pokemon, or will it reform. I think that if the pokemon were killed, they wouldn't be used in battle in the first place, but I really don't know...

The Golem blew up, so I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to reform everything that got flung far away.

As for Onix, he probably has about 20 of them.
Regirock is also different, because it's made of random pieces of rocks. It's also legendary and has far more power in the manga than anime or games, so that could factor in.

The Golem blew up, so I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to reform everything that got flung far away.
In that case, every Pokemon that uses Selfdestruct or Explosion would drop dead (very contradictory of the original games), and so would that Graveler that Poli froze and then shattered earlier in the same arc.

As for Onix, he probably has about 20 of them.
Regirock is also different, because it's made of random pieces of rocks. It's also legendary and has far more power in the manga than anime or games, so that could factor in.
Brock states that the same Onix Red blew up had come back to fight alongside him in the original, dude. I have volume 3. Besides, plenty of excrutiating injuries (such as Moltres' torn wing) have been fixed up perfectly fine in the healing machines.

In that case, every Pokemon that uses Selfdestruct or Explosion would drop dead (very contradictory of the original games), and so would that Graveler that Poli froze and then shattered earlier in the same arc.

Brock states that the same Onix Red blew up had come back to fight alongside him in the original, dude. I have volume 3. Besides, plenty of excrutiating injuries (such as Moltres' torn wing) have been fixed up perfectly fine in the healing machines.
Why can they have healing machines for Pokémon, but not people?

Humans don't fit in Pokeballs, so to fashion healing machines for humans, we'd need to make them half the size of a gymnasium. :p

1249918554604.png

Blaine should've used this treatment when he was sick because of Mewtwo :3

All jokes aside, doubt it was all that simple (even if healing tanks were around). The Mewtwo cells were not only permanently integrated into his arm, but eventually began to spread into other areas in his upper body by the time he sought Entei. Considering Mewtwo is a fucking genetic mutant engineered for utter dominance among Pokemon, it ain't as simple as healing wounds or piddly poison.

However, the Lorelei frostbites, on the other hand, would be perfectly repairable by means of the human balls!

However, the Lorelei frostbites, on the other hand, would be perfectly repairable by means of the human balls!
Of course! The machine can heal anything frozen and wounds, so frostbites would be included in the list of things it could heal. :p

Strange enough, despite deaths being constantly raved about when it comes to Special, the only deaths I can remember were in Ruby and Sapphire
which were undone by Ruby's Deus Ex Machina Serebii.

~Nyoro~n

Strange enough, despite deaths being constantly raved about when it comes to Special, the only deaths I can remember were in Ruby and Sapphire
which were undone by Ruby's Deus Ex Machina Serebii.

~Nyoro~n

You're forgetting
Maxie and Archie in the Emerald chapter (Archie killed Maxie) and Orm in the FireRed LeafGreen chapter (but no one cares about him)

And about Deus Ex Celebi
The thing is, Celebi never actually revived anyone. It just brought Ruby and Sapphire to a different timeline where Norman, Courtney, and Steven never died (or something like that). So technically, they're still dead in the original timeline (It's also speculated that the Ruby and Sapphire of the new timeline died and they replaced them, but that was never stated)

To be fair, I haven't finished the Emerald saga yet, but thanks for the interesting tidbit on Serebii.

Wait, so basically they abandoned the original timeline in which three people have died, Mikuri is on the verge of death, and Ruby and Sapphire are nowhere to be found? Dude, sucks for that timeline...

~Nyoro~n

I think it brought Steven, Norman, and Courtney through an alternate timeline where they didn't die, not Ruby and Sapphire.

But that's probably just me being in denial.

I think the only permanent deaths in the manga that I know of are Pryce's Laprases but I could be wrong.

Didn't they reunite with their child in volume 15? I'd say Celebi allowed them to live, based on that fact.

Well, actually, Glacier just crawled into the time stream. By logic, they all should've died...but I guess not...

Actually, by logic, they shouldn't have died at all, seeing as they're ice- and water-types.

Well, actually, Glacier just crawled into the time stream. By logic, they all should've died...but I guess not...

Or maybe Pryce thought they bit the dust, but they actually didn't? Just a crazy thought that doesn't involve Celebi further fucking with timelines and shit... :p

Actually, by logic, they shouldn't have died at all, seeing as they're ice- and water-types.

What does typing have to do with any of this, though? When Ruby and Sapphire's Plusle and Minun generated that bigass electric field, even they couldn't cross into it, and neither could a Ground type like Zuzu (not that those types of Pokemon are as immune to electricity as they are in the games anyway). And Water-types have been hurt by Fire attacks before, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom