• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about Masuda breeding.

I heard from somewhere that if you are the original trainer of a pokemon (for example an english ditto you found in your game) and you get a foreign pokemon from the GTS and breed those two in the game you found the ditto (or any other pokemon) that the masuda method won't work.

Basically what this is saying is that if (in my case) you get a japanese venipede from the gts and then catch a ditto in the game you intend to breed on and breed those two then the masuda method will not work. Like, you can't be the O.T. of ANY of the pokemon you want to breed. Is this true? I'm already four boxes of eggs in breeding for my shiny venipede.

in gen 4 you only need 1 parent to be foreign the other can be yours - that's known through RNGing for shiny eggs so it's 100% right

i'm not 100% on gen 5 although i reckon it's safe to assume that you can use 1 of your own pokemon as a parent

Are the fake item Foongus and Amoonguss any different than normal ones? Do they special moves or DW abilities? (like the Relic Castle Darmanitans and Dreamyard Musharnas).
On that note, is there any word on how much longer the Dream World is going to be delayed?

Are the fake item Foongus and Amoonguss any different than normal ones? Do they special moves or DW abilities? (like the Relic Castle Darmanitans and Dreamyard Musharnas).
On that note, is there any word on how much longer the Dream World is going to be delayed?

No and no.

I've beaten all of the gym leaders in SS, and I'm only Level 55, woefully inadequate for the Red battle. Aside from the E4, where is a good place to level up?

I've beaten all of the gym leaders in SS, and I'm only Level 55, woefully inadequate for the Red battle. Aside from the E4, where is a good place to level up?

Gym Leader rematches. You might need to level up a little bit more and/or make heavy use of type advantages for them, though.

In order for Retaliate's 50% power boost to occur, does it have to be in a double battle when the ally faints?

I bought a used HG from gamestop and found twelve pokemon I want to transfer over into my black version except when I try to connect the poke transfer from Black version it connects to the game and says there aren't six pokemon to trade. I removed items and hidden moves and there are seven pokemon in the PC so I don't know what is wrong with it. Bulbapedia says that only spiky eared pichu can't be transfered and I'm trying to transfer Red Gyrados, Pidgeotto, Ho-oh, Togepi, Typhlosion and Taurus.

Although the game is pre-owned, the first six pokemon I chose to transfer went through so I'm pretty sure the game isn't bootlegged. Maybe the pokemon are hacked except there's only thirteen pokemon originally and the game has been played about 34 hours. The trainer name is Ben and he has all 16 badges. He doesn't even have his friend code.

In order for Retaliate's 50% power boost to occur, does it have to be in a double battle when the ally faints?
-The boost is 100%, not 50.
-I think that the power doubles when an allied Pokemon has fainted in the same or previous turn. So it will be stronger if you switch in after a Pokemon faints, or in double battles like you said.

I bought a used HG from gamestop and found twelve pokemon I want to transfer over into my black version except when I try to connect the poke transfer from Black version it connects to the game and says there aren't six pokemon to trade. I removed items and hidden moves and there are seven pokemon in the PC so I don't know what is wrong with it. Bulbapedia says that only spiky eared pichu can't be transfered and I'm trying to transfer Red Gyrados, Pidgeotto, Ho-oh, Togepi, Typhlosion and Taurus.
Are they holding items? You can't transfer items.

Derp, I missed that.
Well, you said that the OT was Ben so... Never mind.
I can't find any reasons for that to happen, sorry.

SoulSilver safari zone question: for the items, do they increase in value after they've been sitting there for x days or after the area has been on the map for x days?

my DS isn't compatible with the internet I have access to, but my brother's DSi is. I knew that my game (black) and DS would be "treated as a set" when I used WiFi before, and now my brothers DSi gives me the message,
"Unable to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection because the Wi-Fi User Information from the Nintendo DSi system and the save data do not match.
"Update Wi-Fi User Information saved in the save data? When you update your Wi-Fi user Information, you will lose all data that was used to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
">Yes
No "

What does this mean?
What data is it that will be lost?
Will it affect my save file in the game?
Will it affect the Pokemon that I previously deposited to be traded?
Will it affect my wifi battle records or friend codes etc.?
Can I then change the settings back to my own DS the same way?

my DS isn't compatible with the internet I have access to, but my brother's DSi is. I knew that my game (black) and DS would be "treated as a set" when I used WiFi before, and now my brothers DSi gives me the message,
"Unable to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection because the Wi-Fi User Information from the Nintendo DSi system and the save data do not match.
"Update Wi-Fi User Information saved in the save data? When you update your Wi-Fi user Information, you will lose all data that was used to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
">Yes
No "

What does this mean?
What data is it that will be lost?
Will it affect my save file in the game?
Will it affect the Pokemon that I previously deposited to be traded?
Will it affect my wifi battle records or friend codes etc.?
Can I then change the settings back to my own DS the same way?

As far as I've seen, it only clears your Pal Pad, but I might be wrong.

Gwingle is partially correct, Wade. It's telling you to update your info because it can't use the previous Friend Code so it'll give you a new Friend Code and because of which, it'll delete anything that's in your Pal Pad including any Friend Codes that you added.

SoulSilver safari zone question: for the items, do they increase in value after they've been sitting there for x days or after the area has been on the map for x days?

For the amount of time they have been sitting there will make its value go up.

After the area has been on the map for x days.

When breeding with the masuda method, does one of the pokemon have to be from a different language, or just a different country?

ANd does different language mean different characters, or just another language, like from a Spanish or PAL version of the game?

When breeding with the masuda method, does one of the pokemon have to be from a different language, or just a different country?

ANd does different language mean different characters, or just another language, like from a Spanish or PAL version of the game?

The language of the game it came from is the only thing that's important. So if you have an English game (US, UK, Australia, etc. are all considered the same) then a Pokemon from any of the other available languages (Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Italian) can be used for the Masuda method.

Gwingle is partially correct, Wade. It's telling you to update your info because it can't use the previous Friend Code so it'll give you a new Friend Code and because of which, it'll delete anything that's in your Pal Pad including any Friend Codes that you added.

but it wont effect my progress or my pokemon or anything like that? and i can change it back the same way?

Not sure what you mean in regards to changing it back, you won't be able to change the Friend Code back to its previous Friend Code if that's what you meant since you have to register a new Friend Code whenever you use a game on a different DS since once you have your new Friend Code on your new DS, that'll be seen as the new link so provided you go back to your previous DS, you'll have to register a new Friend Code once again provided you want to use Wi-Fi features. However this will not hurt your game's progress or the Pokémon you've obtained at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom