• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Musicals... Like 'em or Hate 'em?

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters

AxelHino

Moshi moshi...
Reaction score
This place is to discuss the Pokemon Musical....
For me the Pokemon Musical is very cute.. :ksmile: But I wish that you can move your pokemon than just spinning purses and throwing hammers.. :/

It doesn't seem like there's anything to do for it, or any strategy at all, especially when compared with contests.

Pointless and almost no interaction such as that which was present in both styles of contests. Seems like something they decided to add at the last moment and had no time to really fleash it out.

I love the concept (dressing up your Pokemon and putting them on Broadway) but the lack of interaction and Ribbons made me lose interest.

At least I know that my Pignite is a great dancer. I would never have figured that out on my own.

Love 'em. They're a low-investment, high reward activity. I like them a lot better than contests, because your Pokemon's ability to succeed in them is not dependent on natures and moves, which in contests could make your favorite Pokemon that you use to battle useless in contests.

Mind you, there are flaws. The most significant is a lack of depth. More often than not you will be performing with mostly the same Pokemon in every show. I liked the Pokeathlon and Super Contests a lot because of the chance that significant NPCs would occasionally participate. Additionally, I wish that you could go up against non-Unova Pokemon after you got the National Pokedex.

RSE Contests were cool.
HGSS Pokéathlon was stupid.
BW Musicals suck.
I don't even remember what DPPt had, so I probably didn't like it.

^ my opinion

RSE Contests were cool.
HGSS Pokéathlon was stupid.
BW Musicals suck.
I don't even remember what DPPt had, so I probably didn't like it.

^ my opinion

Are you serious? Pokéathlon was one of the best things to happen to Pokémon! They're probably the most 'interactive' mini game we've had so far!

Contests - Awesome, I miss them lots.
Super Contests - There was nothing wrong with old contests, so this is an unnecessary change.
Pokéathlon - Awesome, greatest one yet.
Musicals - What is this, I don't even?

Not a fan. I preferred the original Contests in RSE; those were fun, easy to figure out, and streamlined..

Actually... I don't really understand the rules of the contests.. (R/S/E)

They're really simple if you take a little time to figure them out, but that's neither here or there.

Er.... este.... Musical?

I tried it once. As said Karamazov, the concept is great. The musical itself is not so bad, but lacked interaction. And prizes. There's not a single prize. Updating trainer card is not a prize for me.

I miss Pokéathlon.

Kind of sad we had to go from the awesome and extremely interactive Pokeathlon to this. D: It's just... bland. The only reason I'd ever want to come back would be if I wanted to upgrade my Trainer Card for getting all of the accessories. <_<

I tried to give it a go.. I dressed my Swanna up, it looked ridiculously funny, and I couldn't take it as serious as I took contests and Pokeathlon. Then the musical started, and when I saw the Throh next to my Swanna dancing, wearing the smiley face mask, I just lost it at that point...

Anyway, the point is that I suppose it's pretty disappointing.

Hate, unless they update it. It's even less interactive than Contests

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom