• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Salamence VS. Garchomp

Startmirca

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
240px-373Salamence.png
VS
200px-445Garchomp.png

Salamence, one of Gen III's Pseudo-Legendaries sometimes called a superior Dragonite .Sent to the Uber tier by Smogon in the 4th Gen but whether or not it will stay there is yet to be seen.

Garchomp , the Gen IV's Pseudo-legendary , sent to the Uber tier in the 4th Gen as well .

Battle of Uber-tiered Pseudo-legendaries.

I cant believe no one made one of these ..

Who has the better design?

Who would win in a battle?

Who is more useful?

Who do you like more?

Last edited:
Re: Salamence VS.Garchomp

Who has the better design? Salamence.

Who would win in a battle? IDK.

Who is more useful? Again, IDK.

Who do you like more? Salamence. Though I'm pretty fond of Garchomp too.

Both are really cool Pokémon in every way. However, I have to hand it to Salamence. He looks truly menacing and draconic, and was the first to fit that criteria among Dragon Pokémon, alongside Rayquaza. Garchomp as a landshark dragon thing is epic, but can't compare to Salamence as far as I'm concerned.

Assuming both come in at the same time, meaning Intimidate kicks in, Salamence might have some kind of chance with Outrage. In most cases, Garchomp's marginally higher Speed would decide victory, though.

Who is more useful?
Both are useful to destroy Teams and kick ass, and are among the best Pokémon ever, so I'd say they're equal. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things. Salamence is weak to Stealth Rock. Both are excellent, though.

Who do you like more?
Salamence. I prefer his design, he's an astounding force, and is my 4th favorite Pokémon nowadays. Garchomp is cool, but just not as cool as far as I'm concerned, so I concede my vote to Salamence.

Oh god such a tough decision, I like both so much. I`ve used both extensively and they are absolutely fantastic in battle. They are so even competitively that one could beat the other depending who switches into the other first. One on one Garchomp would probably win, but that`s a huge PROBABLY. Salamence would win no question in addition to sweeping most, if not all, the opponent`s team if it gets in a Dragon Dance or 2. So in terms of competitive potential, Salamence gets my vote (its awesome cry also deserves a mention).

Last edited:
Salamence has the better design, not sure on who would win in battle. It all depends on the moves of the Pokemon, plus Salamence's intimadate ability can be a deciding factor. I prefer Garchomp, because mine kicks ass...

But a solid winner? I really can't decide.

Salamence for memories.

I still remember training my Bagon on Sapphire......

Salamence has a better ability, and an attack stat that is slightly more powerful than Garchomp's.

I've trained both of these Pokemon but don't really care all that much for either (Dragonite pwns them both.) However, while I'm not too fond of either design, I actually don't dislike Salamence's with a burning passion, whereas Garchomp just makes me want to punch a baby. With that in mind, I'm votiing Salamence.

Garchomp, easily. Just look at Salamence's wings.
I guess Garchomp, because it could outspeed Salamence and defeat it with Draco Meteor/Outrage.
Who is more useful?
They're kind of similar, so I'll say it's a tie.
Who do you like more?
GARCHOMP! It's the first Pokémon I ever got to level 100. I remember getting it as a weak level 17 Gible, as a gift from my friend...

Everyone who voted for Salamence, watch out, because Garchomp's fury will be terrible.

Salamence is epicly cool. Garchomp is just ordinary cool.

Someone give Ranger Jack Walker some money for this EPIC statement.

I've trained both of these Pokemon but don't really care all that much for either (Dragonite pwns them both.) However, while I'm not too fond of either design, I actually don't dislike Salamence's with a burning passion, whereas Garchomp just makes me want to punch a baby. With that in mind, I'm votiing Salamence.

To me , both pwn Dragonite , Salamence and Garchomp look badass(especially Salamence)and designs are loyal to pre-evos , while Dragonite looks like Barney and Charizard fusioned . If anything , Dragonite ruined Dratini and Dragonair(one which is cute , the other one which is beautiful and graceful).

Anyways , my vote goes to Salamence , he is my 2nd Favorite Pseudo-legendary(and was my top favorite until the 5th Gen) but Garchomp ain't too bad .

Salamence remains one of the finest designs the games have ever given us, and, as it turns out, one of the most fearsome battlers. Garchomp's more or less level with it battle-wise, but its design lacks the finesse and badassery of Salamence.

Well I`ll have to choose which one I dislike more.

Design:Garchomp is a mix of too many things:a bat,shark,plane and dragon.That makes Salamence my choice.

direct battle:neither has an advantage.

usefulness:I would go with Garchomp.

subjective opinion:I dislike Garchomp,but just HATE Salamence.It`s Pokedex entry describes it as a cocky bastard and I enjoy every single one of them that I take down from the sky.I would choose Garchomp anytime.

Salamence is winning? I must do something about this!

Garachomp is an awesome (in looks and power- why do you think it's an uber?) mach-speed land shark thing, while Salamence is just a Dragonite ripoff. Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos. I cannot say the same for Dragon/Flying, which has been overused time and time again.

Whoa, don't compare Salamence to Dragonite. D8 That stupid barney dragon is nothing compared to Salamence.

On topic, Garchomp and Salamence are both pretty equal in power. D: Salamence may resist Earthquake, but he is weak to Outrage.

I guess the battle comes down to whoever has the faster Outrage. In case that would be Garchomp.

Whoa, don't compare Salamence to Dragonite. D8 That stupid barney dragon is nothing compared to Salamence.

On topic, Garchomp and Salamence are both pretty equal in power. D: Salamence may resist Earthquake, but he is weak to Outrage.

I guess the battle comes down to whoever has the faster Outrage. In case that would be Garchomp.

Dragonite ftw.

I prefer garchomp over mence. It is a better battler and can abuse that damned haxxy strategy and get tonnes of wins. I have used Salamence as well but chomp has got me more sweeps than anything else.

Haxchomp. Salamence is ugly.

Haxchomp.

Who is more useful?

Haxchomp.

Who do you like more?

I don't really like any of them, but Haxchomp have a better design, typing, movepool and it is a Sinnoh Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom