• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Musicals... Like 'em or Hate 'em?

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters
I think Pokémon Musicals are OK. It seems somewhat easy to win, so I can get (and did get) all the 100 Props for it. (Of course I also got the Props you get in the Pokémon Musical). Other than that, I don't really like how you can't do much, especially if your Pokémon isn't holding a Prop.

I think they`re ok, maybe because I actually like the music. I do hate the fact that if a Pokemon doesn`t have arms, it will be unable to appeal and will basically be dead weight, but otherwise I think it`s pretty solid and a fun diversion. I already have most of the props, all of them from Opelucid and those 2 from the Musical Director, but my fans have seemed to stop giving me props. I also have the guitar from that hippie guy, any more props given to me by random people that I should be aware of?

Hate them. Hate them. Hate them.
It's useless. Pokeathlon was fun and useful. This pile of junk isn't worth nothing.

Contests: Awesome, especially the appeals round.
Pokeathalon: AMAZING! Probably the best out of all of them. I spent countless day polishing my Pokemon for it!
Musicals: Really? Ya think it'll be like a contest without the appeals, but it's just dress up and watch! It's fun to watch, but that's about it! I much preferred the other two. :conangry:

And prizes. There's not a single prize. Updating trainer card is not a prize for me.

Seconded. A repetitive, but at least slightly cute game /could/ hold my attention... if it offered prizes that were helpful in any way other than playing more of the repetitive, but at least slightly cute game. I could even be bothered to collect all the props, if there were cool milestones along the way instead of just one goal at the end.

I can't say I haaate the musicals, they're just doing nothing to make me want to play.

I miss the pokeathlon too...

Musicals are lame. They just feel boring. Contests were better, and more fun, same with Pokeathlon.

I wanted to like musicals, I really did.
But the fact is, is that you don't DO anything other than dress up your pokemon and that got really old, really quick!

I wanted to like musicals, I really did.
But the fact is, is that you don't DO anything other than dress up your pokemon and that got really old, really quick!
Not for me. I agree that there's minimal input in musicals, but frankly I never get tired of dressing my Serperior as a dapper gentleman or a hipster guitarist! And with the level of compensation you get for participating (usually you receive at least one prop even if you did poorly), your options for dressing up Pokemon keep increasing! Maybe it'll get boring once I've gotten all the props, but until then its a fun diversion for when I'm tired of battling, catching, and training, and just want my Pokemon to run the show for a while!

The Pokelathon was the only thing good about hgss. I'd take the Pokelathon over musicals any day.

First of, might I comment on the amount of boobs in the avatars on this thread so far. Like, what.

ANYWAY! I kind of like the musicals. Not really addicted to them, but they're better than contests. And a bit more fun.

First of, might I comment on the amount of boobs in the avatars on this thread so far. Like, what.

ANYWAY! I kind of like the musicals. Not really addicted to them, but they're better than contests. And a bit more fun.
If you don't know, it's b00b week.

Now back on topic, honestly, I liked RSE contests the best, because they were determined by both contest stats and your moves, so they took some skill.

The pokéathlon had some funny gameplay/interaction and good rewards.
The musicals got neither. :bheart:
I got in there (because Bianca drags you in there) one time and decided to dress up my Trubbish and put it on show. Give it a first try. I'm not gonna do that again. :-/

The musical involves dressing up your poke and watching them dance for two minutes.

They suck.

Eh, they're good enough to play when I'm bored. But yeah the interaction part is what makes it kind of boring.

Musicals are like grapefruits. The first time you try them, you hate them more than anything, but every time you try them after that they get a bit better. The only difference is that I kind of like grapefruits now, but Musicals are still pretty meh. There's nothing to do, it's just dress up and watch your Pokémon spin around. The only reason I do them at all is for the Trainer Card achievement, which I wish they didn't have >_<

I love them. Seeing pokémon hopping around in cool music, dressing them up, stealing away spotlight.

I'm not as big a fan of them as with the Hoenn contests, but it's fun to just walk in and do a musical once in a while.

Yeah, I would say the RSE contests and the Pokethlon were the best, by far.

The musicals are just kind of inane.

i love it! :O this is the 1st time i actually like something in the game as a distraction.

i love the songs, the cute spins and jumpy "dances" to the songs, and the accessories can make for a good laugh on a "serious" pokemon. i lol'd so hard at my pirate Zekrom x) all in all, its very fun for me :D i'm glad i don't have to have any strategy involved, it lets me truly zone out from my game :p

What's with all the hate on Super Contests? I liked them. ._. Oh well, to each his own.

Anyone think they might be revamped in the third version?

The people who would get enjoyment out of Pokemon Musicals are probably too young to read or play the rest of the game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom