• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

The FR/LG strategy guide says that the TMs Shadow Ball and Iron Tail (the two moves I want to teach my Flareon) are located in Celadon City. But I've been pretty much everywhere and I didn't find them anywhere.

Anyone know where they're located?
Or are they not available until I finish the main story?

Re: Older Games Simple Questions Thread

Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

Possibly you're referring to Emerald's cloning glitch?

It can be done without the use of an external device, although I believe some parties may still consider it a form of cheating, as not everyone defines the word in the same way when it comes to Pokemon.

Possibly you're referring to Emerald's cloning glitch?

It can be done without the use of an external device, although I believe some parties may still consider it a form of cheating, as not everyone defines the word in the same way when it comes to Pokemon.

Wow,I think it is,Thank you!

The FR/LG strategy guide says that the TMs Shadow Ball and Iron Tail (the two moves I want to teach my Flareon) are located in Celadon City. But I've been pretty much everywhere and I didn't find them anywhere.

Anyone know where they're located?
Or are they not available until I finish the main story?

They're prizes in the Game Corner.

When you catch a pokemon, it starts at 70, right? Well, if you're leveling it up and hatching eggs with it in the lead, it will gain a lot of points, but it may only be at a middling happiness, and so when the reader reads it, it gives the answer for bad/average happiness.

Nope. At 70, both Pokemon Stadium and the Happiness Rater give the appropriate rating. (Stadium - Not Quite; HR - "It's not used to you yet.")

But with the Poliwhirl I had (prior to resetting its happiness via trading to turn it into Politoed) Stadium said its happiness rating was "Not at all" (the 0 - 44 range). I double checked this with the Happiness Rater, who gave me the "It looks mean." response.

It's now back at 70 thanks to the reset upon trading. I'll be keeping an eye on it as I walk around with it in my party, as I won't be likely to level it up any more than where it is now. It is my HM slave for Team Breeder, but I am curious as to why it just started to hate me so suddenly.

My question is, why are there two older games simple questions threads?

Looks like the older one was accidentally bumped, though it should've been locked when this new one was stickied. That's been remedied, and the recent posts made to the previous thread have been moved here.

If I have a Sapphire game that its battery says it's not working, and using the patch from FRLGE doesn't work, is the only way to fix it by actually physically replacing the battery?

If I have a Sapphire game that its battery says it's not working, and using the patch from FRLGE doesn't work, is the only way to fix it by actually physically replacing the battery?

Possibly. Although, breaking into Sapphire and doing the steps needed to replace that battery are more difficult than with the G/S/C games from what I've seen when I was researching how to replace internal batteries.

Possibly. Although, breaking into Sapphire and doing the steps needed to replace that battery are more difficult than with the G/S/C games from what I've seen when I was researching how to replace internal batteries.

Well, my brothers' games' batteries died and the patch worked for neither of them, so it looks like we may have to replace it manually.

Re: G/S/C - Level 40 or Level 60 Lugia/Ho-Oh

I'd lean towards lv 40 too but if you're going to have to go to all that trouble then don't bother. I've played both games and caught both types, and I never noticed any difference in the strength of the Lugias. There's probably only a very minor difference

It's the same. Just use a different battery, the same one used for newer GB/GBC carts.

Is it possible on any of the Generation 3 games to respawn roamers that you've already killed, the same way that defeating the Elite 4 will regenerate the roamers in the Generation 4 games (and, Black and White, most likely)?

Well, my brothers' games' batteries died and the patch worked for neither of them, so it looks like we may have to replace it manually.
Yeah, it didn't work with my Ruby or Sapphire cartridges, either. And I tried both my FireRed and LeafGreen...

Is it possible on any of the Generation 3 games to respawn roamers that you've already killed, the same way that defeating the Elite 4 will regenerate the roamers in the Generation 4 games (and, Black and White, most likely)?

To be specific, if it was any of the Johto Beasts (FR/LG), i'm not entirely sure as far as fainting them but just to let you know, if they roared their way out of battle, then they're gone for good. it's one of a couple of glitches that affect them sadly :/

Last edited:

Well, guess that makes me all the more urutoraintelligento for keeping a spare Master ball to catch the dogs with. Granted, Suicune didn't have Roar, but was caught in one anyway.

Playing through Sapphire now (alongside Pearl, and Ruby, hoping to start Emerald once I finish Ruby or Sapphire) and I was wondering what I should use for the last member of my team? I have a Marshtomp, a Sableye, a Breloom, a Swellow, and a recently caught Seviper, what's a good sixth member for that team?

i found Electrike and Torkoal to be valuable members in my run through Emerald. one is really fast, the other slow. take your pick.

Aurora and Mystery Tickets

Hey, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Japanese Gold and I'm at the end-game stage of Firered (grabbed it off ebay). How can I get the Aurora and Mystery Tickets to grab Deoxys, Houou and Lugia? Also, how do I obtain Mew? I know these items were given out during Nintendo events, but there has to be a way to obtain them now that they're LONG gone.

I also picked up Ruby and I heard there were Nintendo events for that and Heartgold which I'm picking up when I get a DS. So having missed all these events is there a way to obtain these items and rare Pokemon?

Neither FRLG/Emerald nor Ruby/Sapphire have any events that Nintendo's still carrying on. I'm pretty sure fateful encounter Celebi distributions have ended, and I have no idea about the Arceus events. Enigma Stone's probably a goner, too. You're too late; grab a DS AR, preferably with GBA compatability.

Re: Aurora and Mystery Tickets

Hey, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Japanese Gold and I'm at the end-game stage of Firered (grabbed it off ebay). How can I get the Aurora and Mystery Tickets to grab Deoxys, Houou and Lugia? Also, how do I obtain Mew? I know these items were given out during Nintendo events, but there has to be a way to obtain them now that they're LONG gone.

I also picked up Ruby and I heard there were Nintendo events for that and Heartgold which I'm picking up when I get a DS. So having missed all these events is there a way to obtain these items and rare Pokemon?

Sorry to say, but all those events have long since past. Your only hope to get them (legitimately) is to trade with someone who went to/attained those events.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom