• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you survive Ghetsis?

Did you survive Ghetsis?

• Total voters
His Hydreigon was a pain, made me waste like 15 revives or something, but the rest of his team was a piece of cake so, I barely managed to beat him on the first try

I wanted to have a battle royale with Ghetsis using my whole party, so I decided to have all of them face different Pokemon. Garbodor won a stall war against Cofagrigus with help from Acid Spray and Toxic (with some helping from Toxic Spikes and Black Sludge), although I wished I had Amnesia come to think of it (I used Stockpile). Crustle took over from Garbodor in the face of Bouffalant, who decided to put Stealth Rock in the process. Jellicent faces Seismitoad, which was easy. Darmanitan got to destroy Bisharp with help from Hammer Arm, Reuniclus faces Eelektross, and I am glad that Eelektross isn't fond of always Crunching (Acrobatics seem like the common move), while I made a risky decision of pitting Serperior against Hydreigon to get Leech Seed off, which paid off, and only attack when Hydreigon gets low on health.

I guess I bragged about my experience, but I felt it is amazing because the Pokemon I had were amazing.

Thanks for reading.

Pfft, the only Pokémon that I remotely had trouble with was his lead, Cofagrigius. Toxic-d my Reshiram, & spams his Coward's Shield, like a wee baby that he is!

After he went down, his Hydregion, Boffalant, & especially his Bisharp just melted in the face of my Mienshao, his Seismitoad melted in the face of my Serperior, & the only thing that put up any sort of resistance is his Eelektross. It 'twas a shame that my Mold Breaking Haxorus wasn't present at this fight, plus you can't get the 'quake TM until after you fight him. But still, the rest of his team melted, & thus Eelektross easily got overwhelmed.

Then again, my team is at 50+...

Gym leaders were easy, elite four were easy, N was easy. Ghetsis was not so easy. I beat him on my second try.
On my first try, I was thinking that this will also be easy so I don't use any potion/revive. Unfortunately I lost.
On my second try, I won by only using 2 or 3 potions and revives. I think my problem was that I didn't have any Fighting attack in my team like everyone had. So I had a hard time beating Hydreigon and Buffalon.

Beat him on my first try. He was down to his last Pokemon - Hydreigon. I was thinking of reviving Reshiram when he knocked Zebstrika down to 6HP. I decided to use the only move it had that would do neutral damage - Stomp. Somehow, every turn he either missed or flinched and was eventually knocked out without even managing to hurt me. That was the funniest thing that happened to me in that whole playthrough.

I lost to him once. D:

But then I beat him since I had a bit more experience.

Also, next time I battle him, I am using Cobalion against that damn Hydreigon of his.

While revive stalling him a bit sometimes, I did manage to beat him on my first try.

Beat him on my first try.
Only one I had trouble was his Hydreigon.
had to revive Zekrom a few times until I finally brought his Hydreigon down!

Man, just barely. D8 I on my first try, but not before losing like 3 Pokemon to him, two to Hydreigon. Zekrom must have hated me that day, he was the first to be knocked out. 8D;

Man, I think this battle could have been more intense if we weren't healed beforehand. D8 I struggled to catch Zekrom, even if my efforts were wasted due to me instinctively tossing a Master Ball when his health was in the red. Not as intense as the Platinum plot, and Gaycheese was easier than Cyrus, but I think battling Zekrom was pretty hard!

Actually I beat him without much trouble unlike N's team where archeops forced me to use revives.

Hydregion was disposed off by x-scissor of my Galvantula,Reahiram took out a few an Gothitelle finished the rest with Psychic.I've trained all of my Pokemon equally so my team was around lv.46 at the time.

I got him down to just Hydriegon and had to use Zekrom as a meat shield while I spammed revives and hyper potions. Really huge pain in the neck that thing is. In my Black I used what rare candies I had to get my Zweilous up to 64 or w/e it is to get my own Hydriegon and own Ghetsis with just him, so I guess that's fair.

I cruised through his team for a bit, but before I knew it all that I had was one Pokemon still battle-ready. I used a Max Revive on my Reshiram at that point, and basically punched his Hydriegon in the face with Dragonbreath.

I thought Ghetsis was surprisingly easy. Considering I'm not the best pokemon player (off the top of my head I can't even tell you what types are weak to each other other than the really common ones)I usually end up struggling through the end, but I blasted through the elite 4 all the through Ghetsis super easily. I didn't even use any items, and I wasn't overleveled or anything. The lowest level on my team was a lvl 44 Unfezant, with the highest being a level 53 Samurott.

I lost the first time bad (Stupid hacking Dennis), reloaded, intentionallyish lost the 2nd time as I realized this would allow me to check my Zekrom in full (Whee! Max speed+Jolly! Sure I was syncing with Adamant, but Jolly works too.), grew bored of grinding to outspeed his Hydreigon (In retrospect, setting up x-speed and x-special attack against his Cofagrigus would have been quicker), and traded some high level thing from my brother to beat him.

Does the hacked dragon have max speed ev/iv and timid nature or something?

On a related note: Dennis's hacked dragon is a very good counter to both box-legends. Dennis's reaction to you getting your legendary shows he can't have planed for that event, so why do you think he has it?

I beat him no problem, why does everyone think he is so hard?

I ask the same question to the GSC famous "Whitney whiners" personally back in Gold Version I didn't find her Miltank so tough after days of level grinding my starter

I had absolutely no problem with him, since I grinded my Pokemon up to their mid-60s, plus I also had an Hydreigon of my own with Outrage (which you can obtain by stopping Deino's evolution until level 62).

I had my Excadrill at the front of my party since I did not use Reshiram, so Ghechis's Cofagrigus went down in two Earthquakes, same happened to his Bisharp and his Eelektross (once I canceled Levitate through Gastro Acid). My Serperior took his Seismitoad down, Mienshao made quick work of Bouffalant and the best moment was when my own aforementioned Hydreigon, at the legal level of 65, took his underleveled Hydreigon down with Outrage.

I hope I didn't exceed details, but I really had fun with that battle instead of it looking hard for me. :D

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom