• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Underrated Gen. 5 Pokemon

StoneKold

Familiar Faces
Reaction score
What do you think? I'm not sure what other people use, but I'd say that Sigilyph is most underrated. The first time I played the game, in the Relic Castle that guys Sigilyph destroyed my team, and its BSTs aren't that bad for a pokemon that doesn't evolve.

Yeah, Sigilyph has some nasty Defense.

I'm not even sure if they're underrated, but Serperior and Virizion have nice bulk.

I tihnk Musharna can be a bit underrated because despite her low speed, well when you teach it Trick Room it is going to be a real beast. I don't know where to find/buy the TM though

I'm not even sure if they're underrated, but Serperior and Virizion have nice bulk.

According to a friend of mine who battles competitively, Serperior is shit. Not true, I say: her HP stat rocks, and what's more, I like that her Attack and Sp.Attack base values are the same.

FVCK YEAH SERPERIOR

I tihnk Musharna can be a bit underrated because despite her low speed, well when you teach it Trick Room it is going to be a real beast. I don't know where to find/buy the TM though
Heck, even without Trick Room my Musharna outsped quite a few Pokemon.

ducklett. that dude is a pimp. beat my electabuzz once, because thunder would never make any contact. but man, ducklett is not bad at all.

Stunfisk I think is very underrated. The thing can take hits like a champ, and has OK attack as well. Sure, it may not have the best defensive typing, but it's not Magcargo.

Stunfisk I think is very underrated. The thing can take hits like a champ, and has OK attack as well. Sure, it may not have the best defensive typing, but it's not Magcargo.

I used a Magcargo and it was a good defensive pokemon in Ruby but Whiscash is better water pokemon...

I also think Confargigus is epic [because its a possessed coffin] and his stats and movepool aren't too terrible

Nicknamed mine "Daffy" to make it even more awesome

Huh. I have one in the Box named "Plucky". :D

I'll agree with Sigilyph, Druddigon and Ducklett.
Also I've used Basculine for a bit and its not terrible. But honestly I think Mandibuzz is hugely underated. Everyone loves the awesome that is Braviary that no one really pays attention to poor Mandi. I too have done this. Which is why I decided to train one.

Sigilyph is boss.
That thing would consistently rape my teams in-game until I decided to man up and get one. Mine has Magic Guard, and it is a complete troll.
I love it.

Huh. I have one in the Box named "Plucky". :D

I'll agree with Sigilyph, Druddigon and Ducklett.
Also I've used Basculine for a bit and its not terrible. But honestly I think Mandibuzz is hugely underated. Everyone loves the awesome that is Braviary that no one really pays attention to poor Mandi. I too have done this. Which is why I decided to train one.

I used her and her attack stat is really good to say the least

Mienshao is definetely under-rated. I mean, for once, it has the most appealing look of all fighting-typed Pokemon. At least for me. :p

Not many people seem to use Crustle, but Stealth Rock + Shell Smash + X-Scissor/Rock Slide + Rocky Helmet always served me well. Crustle's one of my favorites this Gen.

But honestly I think Mandibuzz is hugely underated. Everyone loves the awesome that is Braviary that no one really pays attention to poor Mandi. I too have done this. Which is why I decided to train one.

This.

Mandibuzz and Vullaby became two of my favourites even before I got the game, due to their awesome designs. But they both proved to be surprisngly good battlers, and thanks to their excellent defences and hp, can really take a beating. Their attack stats aren't brilliant, but they're able to fix that with a Nasty Plot and Roost combo.

I'd say Vanilluxe, which people seem to hate for a silly reason. It's a pretty cute Pokémon, and it was really strong too. My Cirno was very helpful, and her Ice Beam was astounding! Really, the only bad thing about Vanilluxe is its atrocious Movepool. I don't even like Ice Pokémon, but Vanilluxe was just... exotic. No pun intended.

Sigilyph was epic. It was the Flying Pokémon that impressed me most out of the earlier ones. Braviary came way too late, so I ended up using Sigilyph as my Flying Pokémon. She didn't disappoint at all. Nazca pretty much took Marshal all by herself, and put up a great standing against many others, Shauntal included.

I'm not sure if it's underrated, but Sawk has turned out to be an unexpected force. Not only does it have great Attack and Speed, but its ability, coupled with both Reversal and Counter, makes it nigh unstoppable.

i dont know how so many people keep getting beat by sigilyph, i just used my archen against it and won every time

i dont know if it is underrated but archeops with acrobatic was always the best for me

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom