• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

I have an unconfirmed rumor I was 50-50 on for a while, and it was that with the e-reader function inherent to the Japanese FRLG cartridges, you can fight Giovanni behind the boxes in this one place in the Sevii Islands.

Granted, the boxes are there, but I can't find a single thing in all Bulbapedia that ever confirmed that as fact.

I totally believed the whole 'If the rocket launches 100 times, you'll get taken to space to catch Jirachi' rumour. I didn't even know it was fake until I joined Bulbagarden =_=

Oh yeah, also, the whole pressing B when the ball capsule opens and bounces makes it a Master Ball.

don't know if this has been mentioned, but there used to be a rumor back in RBY that said you could catch pikablu/mewthree (I really can't remember, I think it was pikablu) if you beat the elite four 100 times using:

mewtwo
mew(the one from under the truck)
articuno
zapdos
moltres
(EMPTY SLOT)

in that order. and that instead of oak coming in the hall of fame, bill would come up and show you to that machine where there would already be a pokeball, which contained pikablu/mewthree. I didn't really own any of the games to try and prove it but this kid in my class said he caught it but he wouldn't show us.:dumb:

My friend said the there were shinies in RBY as a glitch. I tried telling him that it wasn't true, but he still believed it.

I totally believed the whole 'If the rocket launches 100 times, you'll get taken to space to catch Jirachi' rumour. I didn't even know it was fake until I joined Bulbagarden =_=

Oh yeah, also, the whole pressing B when the ball capsule opens and bounces makes it a Master Ball.

I kinda believed it enough to try it, so when it got to 100 I talked to the man and nothing happened. I was disappointed but it makes sense how impossible it would be. I think I believed it after I read how you can really go to the moon on Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Back when I was a nooby gamer (you know,
Also the A+B to catch thing, and that's not the worst of it. My friends STILL believe it works, and, what's worse, it seems to actually WORK for them! God knows how many times we've argued about that. :argue:

That, and my friend told my other friend that the 13th ball would always catch a Pokemon. And yes, it always failed.

Oh the A+B spamming... It always "magically" work for me. It doesn't ensure capturing pokemon, but it seems to "raise" the chance of capture. I dunno why, maybe luck?

Another variation of this would be pressing the direction of the ball shake.

Oh the A+B spamming... It always "magically" work for me. It doesn't ensure capturing pokemon, but it seems to "raise" the chance of capture. I dunno why, maybe luck?

Another variation of this would be pressing the direction of the ball shake.

I used to think it worked too, but nowadays its a toss-up. Most of the time though, it fails for me. Ah well, I never do it that much anymore anyway unless I REALLY want to.

you beat the elite four 100 times, the old lady in seven island will move the boxes out of the way in leaf green/fire red

Also the A+B to catch thing, and that's not the worst of it. My friends STILL believe it works, and, what's worse, it seems to actually WORK for them! God knows how many times we've argued about that. :argue:

For me, it was always Down + spam B. I still do it even now because it's habit and I'll feel weird if I DON'T do it. ^__^;;

One that I heard from my brother in RB was that if you talked to Nurse Joy a ton of times (I forget how many) but kept canceling out when she offered to heal your Pokemon, eventually she'd get tired of you bugging her and give you the other starters. XD

Not really a good rumor, but at one time I bought this bogus shit that says that if you throw a Pokeball at Rayquaza on the first turn, it's a flawless catch xD

When I first got Crystal, my gaming buddy down the street told me that if I left two Pokemon in the daycare, then beat the Elite Four 50 times before going to get the egg, and hatched the egg in Ilex Forest, it would hatch into shiny Celebi.

When it didn't work, I was so pissed that I toilet-papered his house. XD

Lmao, that's a good one. I once told this 10-year old kid that if he gets all 200/202 Pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex in either Ruby or Sapphire, he can go to other regions as a reward. And he believed it. :D

Last edited:
Oh, and one time I convinced my sister that Wally and Wallace were the same person in R/S/E, and that he'd give her a shiny Rayquayza if she beat him as Wallace 20 times, and then talked to Wally. XD

I think she still holds a grudge for that one, actually.

The thing in sapphie, once the rocket has launched like 500 times you find deoxys.
i found my old sapphire game and found i was on 332 and was like NO WAY so waited ages and it never happened :(

Oh, and one time I convinced my sister that Wally and Wallace were the same person in R/S/E, and that he'd give her a shiny Rayquayza if she beat him as Wallace 20 times, and then talked to Wally. XD

I think she still holds a grudge for that one, actually.

Damn. She's pretty... uh, damn guillible to fall for the Wallace being Wally part to begin with, but a shiny Rayquaza in a game where the (more or less) normal one resides right in the Sky Pillar? She be smokin' some good shit.

Damn. She's pretty... uh, damn guillible to fall for the Wallace being Wally part to begin with, but a shiny Rayquaza in a game where the (more or less) normal one resides right in the Sky Pillar? She be smokin' some good shit.

Well, she was about nine at the time, so yeah... XD

I remember that, a few years ago, one of my friends told me that if you leave a Groudon and a Kyogre in the day care they will produce an egg that is a fused version of those two! I didn't really believe it, but it was still pretty amusing to me!

I told my little sister that if she released Palkia, Dialga and Giratina in Platinum she would get a Arceus in her PC Box.

Still holds a grudge for that, though she didn't save...

All your success with duping your kid sisters makes me wish I'd tricked the kid brat into releasing/KOing his shiny Primeape (though I stole it later).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom