• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep catching Litwicks in the Celestial tower because I need a Flamebody/Magma armor Pokemon to hatch eggs with, and despite Flame body being listed as a natural ability for that Pokemon on Bulbapedia, out of more than ten captures I've had a grand total of zero that had the ability. Is the site wrong, or should I search someplace else?

You just have bad luck. Litwick has Flame Body.

Yeah, if that's true I'll give it five or so tries before I start shouting expletives and call it quits.

try putting out a trace pokemon to see what its ability is

How come I can only *sometimes* give Secret Base decorations to other players underground between Diamond and Pearl? Why sometimes does the other player automatically say that s/he'll pass, even when they didn't get to actually choose whether to accept it or not?

For the record, neither character in my games are carrying too many things to accept more. Also, it's not saying that they can't accept anything important, it says that they'll pass. What makes the games decide when something can be given or not?

Yeah, I tried catching one again right away after the first post, and got it to hatch two eggs as I'd planned. Could've tried the Trace thing, but I'd already caught it by then.

So, another question. I heard somewhere (albeit in a very unreliable faux-guidebook) that if you breed two of the same Pokemon, it takes a shorter time for the egg to form. If that's the case, do they need to be the same species period, or can they be in the same evolutionary line, or something?

I keep catching Litwicks in the Celestial tower because I need a Flamebody/Magma armor Pokemon to hatch eggs with, and despite Flame body being listed as a natural ability for that Pokemon on Bulbapedia, out of more than ten captures I've had a grand total of zero that had the ability. Is the site wrong, or should I search someplace else?

I think your just unlucky. I caught one with Flame Body there, so it is possible. Just keep trying! :)

If someone could help me with this it would be so appreciated!!

I got a new 3DS for my birthday, and I wanted to change my Pokemon Diamond version friend code so that I can connect to wifi using this 3DS. When I went on wifi using the 3DS it allowed me to delete my old friend code and contacts list but it didn't seem to assign me a new friend code.

When I go to the Pal Pad it tells me that I have to enter wifi to get a friend code, and when I enter wifi it tells me that I can't connect. What am I missing?

Please help. Thanks so much!♥

Yeah, I tried catching one again right away after the first post, and got it to hatch two eggs as I'd planned. Could've tried the Trace thing, but I'd already caught it by then.

So, another question. I heard somewhere (albeit in a very unreliable faux-guidebook) that if you breed two of the same Pokemon, it takes a shorter time for the egg to form. If that's the case, do they need to be the same species period, or can they be in the same evolutionary line, or something?

Same species.

I.E. Two Gligar not a Gligar and a Gliscor.

This shows you the ratio of the parents producing an egg.

Your best option is top get two of the same species from different people: one from yourself, and one from someone else.

If someone could help me with this it would be so appreciated!!

I got a new 3DS for my birthday, and I wanted to change my Pokemon Diamond version friend code so that I can connect to wifi using this 3DS. When I went on wifi using the 3DS it allowed me to delete my old friend code and contacts list but it didn't seem to assign me a new friend code.

When I go to the Pal Pad it tells me that I have to enter wifi to get a friend code, and when I enter wifi it tells me that I can't connect. What am I missing?

Please help. Thanks so much!♥
The 3DS has a problem with the internet.It will oftenly crash when you use Wi-fi,so I would doubt you can get on there often.
For the FC problem,I think it gave you the same one(rare,but can happen).:XD:

The 3DS has a problem with the internet.It will oftenly crash when you use Wi-fi,so I would doubt you can get on there often.
For the FC problem,I think it gave you the same one(rare,but can happen).:XD:

Okay thank you!
I'll see if I can get it working again tonight. Try,try again. :3

According to the Dex, through my interpretation, passing down psycho cut may only work with the abra line. Don't trust me 100% on this though.

Usually those lists just include a pokemon that can get it by leveling if chain breeding is not necessary. Any compatible father that knows the move will work. In fact, breeding a male pawniard that already knows the move with a ditto would also pass it down. As long as it is an egg move, the father's species is irrelevant.

Rotom is in the egg group "Indeterminate", even though it's genderless? Does this mean Rotom actually can breed with any Pokémon in the Indeterminate egg-group, and in that case; what will the offspring be?

Rotom is in the egg group "Indeterminate", even though it's genderless? Does this mean Rotom actually can breed with any Pokémon in the Indeterminate egg-group, and in that case; what will the offspring be?
Rotom can only breed with Ditto.

All genderless pokémon are in egg groups, it just doesn't matter which one they're in (unless it's No Eggs, of course), as they can only breed with Ditto anyway.

Why even put it in that egg group then? Thanks.

Well, all Pokemon have to be in an egg group. The Indeterminate group is mainly for amorphous Pokemon and has a lot of Ghost-types and Rotom probably fits both those categories. Other genderless Pokemon have egg groups, like Voltorb in the Mineral group.

Well, all Pokemon have to be in an egg group. The Indeterminate group is mainly for amorphous Pokemon and has a lot of Ghost-types and Rotom probably fits both those categories. Other genderless Pokemon have egg groups, like Voltorb in the Mineral group.

All genderless pokémon are in egg groups, it just doesn't matter which one they're in (unless it's No Eggs, of course), as they can only breed with Ditto anyway.

Oh, I see. Thanks again. =)

In black and white what all can you do on the wifi with friends? Me and my friends used to do the battle tower, etc togeather but we havent been able to connect now. Also is there anyway in gen5 to wifi battle with the auto level to 50 and have a team of 6v6 in a 1v1 and 2v2?

Also is there anyway in gen5 to wifi battle with the auto level to 50 and have a team of 6v6 in a 1v1 and 2v2?
In ir battle there is.It auto levels ALL pokemon to lvl 50.Even the lower levels,and yes,the ir does allow you to do 6v6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom