• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

From what, beyond four? I don't think there are any other rows after that. I've never seen anyone with more than four.

I have seen people with like 6. I don't remember counting but I'm pretty sure I've seen Japanese players with more than four.

I don't know if this has been asked, but here it goes:
I recently moved and I have trouble with the Internet in the new house. I put a Pokemon to sleep and went into the Dream World. Right there I had a bump in the internet and I had to close the window. My question is, what will happen to my Pokemon and my data? will I be able to wake up my Pokemon or will it have to stay asleep until I'll be alowed into the Dream World again. I know that if you don't log out of the Dream World regularly it locks you out for 24 hours (at least, that's what I've heard) also, I picked a berry when the site crashed, will it still be there?

I've had my browser crash in the middle of a Dream World session a few times already, but everything stayed in tact. Sometimes the DW flash halts unexpectedly and I have to refresh the page.

Don't worry, if everything transferred into the Dream World successfully, your pokemon will be safe. If you got dropped in the middle of a Dream World session, in most cases I simply hop right back into the Dream World with all previous things you've completed still in tact. You will still have to start from your Dream World home though. If you were working on befriending a pokemon in the middle of a game and you get dropped, you will loose that opportunity but all previously befriended pokemon are still on your list as well as any berries you picked up before you got dropped.

Without choosing to go back into the game, waking up your pokemon early will reset the 24 hour clock though.

well that's...disappointing :( i guess the only motivation to plant berries then is to just get alot of berries... lame :/

Or if you want to buy the virtual furniture. Personally only thing I really want to buy is that Log Cabin. Though I'd rather have berries..

Did Black today and got a female Igglybuff finally. I've been seeing males since Dream world first came out. This is the first Female I've seen. Though I wish Wigglytuff had Friend Guard instead of Frisk. I never liked Frisk. I also unlocked Sky again which is cool.

Tucked in Jirachi before I went to bed last night.

Well, went on to the DW, got a Female Sap Sipper Stantler, (I had a full page and two extras of Pokemon, and that was the only female I found...) decided to send over One Oran Berry, One Figy Berry, and 2 Cheri berries, I swapped a Figy Berry for a Charti Berry of of a Dream Pal's share shelf, harvested 5 Figy Berries (Beggining, like the rest of the harvests) two Rindo berries and two Cheri berries, Planted a Rindo Berry.

And now my points are 780.

I got a fourth garden row, found a Hondew and a Qualot berry on someone's Share Shelf, and I was still unable to go to Windswept Sky.

Got a DW Farfectch'd he knows Leer, Fury Cutter, Fury Attack, and Knock Off and a ability called Defiant.

This time I was able to get a female Hoothoot with Tinted Lens from Windswept Sky, and I also got 3 EV berries from there; Kelpsy, Hondew, and Tamato.

But I didn't have the space to plant any of that yet.

Finally got to go to Windswept Sky today (it unlocked a couple of days ago, but it only now selected it) and brought back a male aerodactyl just because I like the buggers. I'm currently growing berries to get cabins for both my Black and White games.

I hope someday we can send or leave gifts for our DW friends. There's two or three people who I'm friends with who check in every day and always put out tons of stuff to share (even though I am long past being able to use any of it), and I'd like to be able to give them a bushel of berries or some furniture just to show them there's people out there noticing. (Stansy, Bobbo86, and Kurgiomugi, thumbs up to you!)

Does anyone know how the Nacrene City furniture house works? I spoke to the girl and said I wanted a table but can't find it in the items catalogue...

Got the last two berries off of Windswept Sky, the minigames are fucking boring and they need to make new ones :/

Now going to just concentrate on getting a log cabin and some furniture, then I'll work towards making more EV-reducing berries, then at 10 000 DW points, no reason to go there ever.

Does anyone know how the Nacrene City furniture house works? I spoke to the girl and said I wanted a table but can't find it in the items catalogue...

each time you talk to her she'd ask what you want, and in the DW Catalog it should have an item with a golden seal with a D on it, which is the furni you asked her to make you.

she didn't give me anything new for the DW after 5 days though, even though she kept asking what i'd like. So maybe you've just hit your limit?

EDIT: well it wasn't female, but i nabbed myself a assurance unnerve Aerodactyl. wish it had stealth rock instead but meh. i also had a choice between a male and female roost murkrow which was tempting.

had a big berry harvest, and after all was said and done, left the dw early again. and i'm up to 4,050 dw points, just 950 til sparkling sea is unlocked :)

Last edited:
Went to the Windswept Sky twice last night. Befriended an Unnerve Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock. I didn't find any more EV berries, but my Kelpsy, Hondew and Grepa were ready for harvest.

The mini-games are getting a bit tedious, but not totally hating them yet. I give it another day or two.

Minigames are getting a bit boring. Planted 5 Kelpsy Berry bushes, Harvested loads of other EV berry bushes. No-one had traded for any of the EV berries I had up on my share shelf so I just left them. Slim pickin's on the befriend front. Only new female I found was a luvdisc, so I sent that across. Up to 6610 DPs now and Mew got another level.

I'm now able to do the full trip (use up all watering opportunities and Island of Dream trips) in under 45 minutes. Mainly thanks to the fact I no longer need to check people's share shelves.

I got skill swap stantler.I'm thinking of using it for a new stradegy.
Inviciblity stradegy!
It has to do with sableye/spritomb,skill swap,and sedninja.Thats all I'm going to tell you.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but Skill Swap doesn't affect Pokémon with Wonder Guard.

This is all extremely good information! I've also thought the gender ratio seems skewed pretty heavily from what we'd expect based on the in-game gender ratio...

It's also interesting to hear your thoughts on the minigame score/moveset correlation! Since this seems like less of a "concrete rule" and more like a probability, I think this is something where there's not much to do other than to just see how often Pokémon have their special moves when you end up scoring well versus when you don't...

My original idea here was that there was a direct correlation between score and the moves a Pokémon has... so above a certain threshold you would always get extra moves. That seems to have been disproved today, as I played Ice Cream Scoop and got a Bidoof with Aqua Tail, then played it again, got a much higher score, but got a Sentret with no additional moves at all. If it is, as you say, a probability thing, then that's much harder to measure...

I am now pretty certain that both a Pokémon's species and gender determine the game it chooses. I haven't yet come across a situation where a Pokémon of a given species and gender will ask for different games... well, with the exception of Hoppip, whose can be found both in the forest and in the sky. Hoppip's extra moves also differ depending on where it is found, so it seems like the DW treats Forest Hoppip and Sky Hoppip as separate entities.

I also found one circumstance where both males and females of a species will ask for the same game: Zubat. This doesn't violate my hypothesis that gender predetermines what game is chosen, since both genders may be set to the same game, but it does make it potentially less useful for determining gender before playing. There may be many more females who choose the same game as males, but the rarity of females in the DW makes this hard to determine.

In any case, these are the preferences I've observed over the last few days:

Forest Pokémon:
Bidoof M - Ice Cream
Hoppip M - Lost Pokémon
Igglybuff M - Ice Cream
Lotad M - Wailord
Lotad F - Ice Cream
Oddish M - Wailord
Poochyena M - Sky Race
Sentret M - Ice Cream

Sky Pokémon:
Aerodactyl M - Sky Race
Delibird M - Sky Race
Delibird F - Lost Pokémon
Hoothoot M - Ice Cream
Hoppip M - Ice Cream
Ledyba M - Ice Cream
Ledyba F - Lost Pokémon
Murkrow M - Lost Pokémon
Staravia M - Wailord
Wingull M - Wailord
Zubat M - Sky Race
Zubat F - Sky Race

Got a farfetch'd with Leaf Blade B)
But now i'm just trying to get to the sky area. 2000 points right? I have like 1,700.

My original idea here was that there was a direct correlation between score and the moves a Pokémon has... so above a certain threshold you would always get extra moves. That seems to have been disproved today, as I played Ice Cream Scoop and got a Bidoof with Aqua Tail, then played it again, got a much higher score, but got a Sentret with no additional moves at all. If it is, as you say, a probability thing, then that's much harder to measure...

I am now pretty certain that both a Pokémon's species and gender determine the game it chooses. I haven't yet come across a situation where a Pokémon of a given species and gender will ask for different games... well, with the exception of Hoppip, whose can be found both in the forest and in the sky. Hoppip's extra moves also differ depending on where it is found, so it seems like the DW treats Forest Hoppip and Sky Hoppip as separate entities.

I also found one circumstance where both males and females of a species will ask for the same game: Zubat. This doesn't violate my hypothesis that gender predetermines what game is chosen, since both genders may be set to the same game, but it does make it potentially less useful for determining gender before playing. There may be many more females who choose the same game as males, but the rarity of females in the DW makes this hard to determine.

In any case, these are the preferences I've observed over the last few days:

Forest Pokémon:
Bidoof M - Ice Cream
Hoppip M - Lost Pokémon
Igglybuff M - Ice Cream
Lotad M - Wailord
Lotad F - Ice Cream
Oddish M - Wailord
Poochyena M - Sky Race
Sentret M - Ice Cream

Sky Pokémon:
Aerodactyl M - Sky Race
Delibird M - Sky Race
Delibird F - Lost Pokémon
Hoothoot M - Ice Cream
Hoppip M - Ice Cream
Ledyba M - Ice Cream
Ledyba F - Lost Pokémon
Murkrow M - Lost Pokémon
Staravia M - Wailord
Wingull M - Wailord
Zubat M - Sky Race
Zubat F - Sky Race

i've found that both male and female Murkrow ask to play the Lost Pokemon Game, and i'm not sure on the gender, but every single Taillow i've come across has asked to play with Wailord and no other game.

Back
Top Bottom