• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

My original idea here was that there was a direct correlation between score and the moves a Pokémon has... so above a certain threshold you would always get extra moves. That seems to have been disproved today, as I played Ice Cream Scoop and got a Bidoof with Aqua Tail, then played it again, got a much higher score, but got a Sentret with no additional moves at all. If it is, as you say, a probability thing, then that's much harder to measure...

I am now pretty certain that both a Pokémon's species and gender determine the game it chooses. I haven't yet come across a situation where a Pokémon of a given species and gender will ask for different games... well, with the exception of Hoppip, whose can be found both in the forest and in the sky. Hoppip's extra moves also differ depending on where it is found, so it seems like the DW treats Forest Hoppip and Sky Hoppip as separate entities.

I also found one circumstance where both males and females of a species will ask for the same game: Zubat. This doesn't violate my hypothesis that gender predetermines what game is chosen, since both genders may be set to the same game, but it does make it potentially less useful for determining gender before playing. There may be many more females who choose the same game as males, but the rarity of females in the DW makes this hard to determine.

In any case, these are the preferences I've observed over the last few days:

tl;removed
From looking at coding, Area, Species and Gender do determine the game(although they could change the relationships anytime). Back when the JP Dream World came out I worked on this same chart, but I only ended up covering the original Forest Pokemon. It's on my blog if you want to combine the two lists -- I also came up with that Lotad was the only (0pt) Forest Pokémon which chose its game by Gender, didn't realise there were many more discrepancies in the Sky. I should have a look at it again, as by examining the coding I should get something like 70 data points a day... Female data is still rarer though.

Ooh, interesting stuff there. Particularly the gender ratio - I'd estimated it at one in six. If this ratio is constant across all species, then it would make females of certain species more common.

Got a farfetch'd with Leaf Blade B)
But now i'm just trying to get to the sky area. 2000 points right? I have like 1,700.

2,500 actually.

Tucking in my Liepard "Hellcat" that I've been using for dream world in my Black right now. Does the pokemon you tuck in affect the pokemon you see in anyway? I doubt it, but I only ask because when I started playing I never saw any Nidoran, but once I tucked in my Male Nidoran the first Pokemon I saw was a Nidoran Female. Is that just a coincidence?

Just finished my Dream World run. I swear this time, I got to go to the Dream Isle like 2-3 more times than the usual (5). Weird. Anyways, came back and didn't have enough time to lose all my watering points nor plant all my berries. Luckily, I got off a Hondew and a Qualot before the DW shut down on me. So now I have only 2 Berry Field holes filled, and like 3 rows empty. >.<.

Sent back a female Farfetch'd with Roost, was either that or Moody Bidoof with Aqua Tail, I'll probably get her tomorrow. I usually send Pokemon back if 1. They're female, 2. They have a DW move that's near exclusive, and 3. The Hidden Ability is better than it's native abilities. Example of one I didn't like was Female Aerodactyl with Unnerve.

Got my tucked-in Braviary to Heart Status (500+ DPts earned), and it's now lv68 :D. Dream Points are now at approx. 3910, won't be long till Sea.

2,500 actually.

Tucking in my Liepard "Hellcat" that I've been using for dream world in my Black right now. Does the pokemon you tuck in affect the pokemon you see in anyway? I doubt it, but I only ask because when I started playing I never saw any Nidoran, but once I tucked in my Male Nidoran the first Pokemon I saw was a Nidoran Female. Is that just a coincidence?

I doubt it, but until today I had never seen a Bidoof or Nidoran Female in the Pleasant Forest before, though, after tucking in my Braviary, I sighted many of them.

I usually send Pokemon back if 1. They're female, 2. They have a DW move that's near exclusive, and 3. The Hidden Ability is better than it's native abilities. Example of one I didn't like was Female Aerodactyl with Unnerve.
Yeah I do the same thing. I saw a Aerodactyl today too, Male but w/e. I really dislike Unnerve. Aerodactyl with Sheer Force would have been ridiculous. Also I don't like Unnerve because they gave it to Tyranitar over Solid Rock, which is what I was hoping he'd get. I really don't need a Tyranitar that makes it so no one can eat berries. Kinda lame.

I doubt it, but until today I had never seen a Bidoof or Nidoran Female in the Pleasant Forest before, though, after tucking in my Braviary, I sighted many of them.
Yeah I didn't think there was anything like that. I just thought it was a good idea to double check.

Got myself a female Gligar in my Black. She knows Tailwind which is pretty cool. Crappy Neutral nature though. I will breed her anyway so that doesn't matter.

Ooh, interesting stuff there. Particularly the gender ratio - I'd estimated it at one in six. If this ratio is constant across all species, then it would make females of certain species more common.
It certainly seems to be roughly 25% in the coding, and it's not something that's changed in the redesign--my post-relaunch data resolves to a ratio of 23.9437% female. Add in the pre-relaunch data back from November and it's 24.2718%.

As for the 'which game?' question, I don't have enough data to fill up a sky table at the moment, but I can present this incomplete one. As you can see, it's a bit empty but as I get more data I should be able to fill more in. Full details on how to read it are on my blog, but reading it for Pokemon/Gender/Game is easy enough.
Code:
a) 276F, 397M, 397F Bounce
b) 163M, 163F       Serve
c)  21M, ????,  16M Search
d) 142M             Fly
e) 198M, 198F, ???? Search
f) 278M, 278F, 333M Bounce
g) 207M, ????,  41M Fly
h) 193M             Fly
i) 165M, 187M       Serve
j)  12M,  12F       Search
I also don't have enough metrics yet to determine how many Pokémon sit in each event, or how many events there are, though I should have in a few days.

I finally made it to Windswept Sky! Unfortunately, by the time I entered the only pokemon I found was a Pidgey. At least it is female.

I just harvested Citrus berries, I have 4 rows and 7 crops were ready for harvesting. It earned me 70 DreamPoints.
Really? Because I checked with that claim.

Log-in: +50 points
Harvested all my berries: 0 points

EDIT: WTF After all that hard work getting Vaporeon, it didn't save!

I went to the game again and it didn't mention that I had already won it before! AND IT DIDN'T UPDATE MY HIGH SCHORE ON THE GAME

Last edited:
Really? Because I checked with that claim.

Log-in: +50 points
Harvested all my berries: 0 points

EDIT: WTF After all that hard work getting Vaporeon, it didn't save!

I went to the game again and it didn't mention that I had already won it before! AND IT DIDN'T UPDATE MY HIGH SCHORE ON THE GAME

it's been known for a long time now that there is a glitch with the game :eek:hdear:

Planted loads of berries, and got another Hondew Berry for my Zekrom. Also, a female Prankster Murkrow =3

i've heard of the island going empty after 4-5 visits but every time i went across the bridge, the place was practically bare! i only found like 2 pokemon on my trip :(

so i walked away with this lil piece of gold:
dreamworld-Ledyba.png

Last edited:
I ran into at least twelve Pokemon today, at least half of them were female. I ended up getting a female Remoraid. No special moves... but Octillery gets Moody. I'm quite happy with that.

How do you access other Dream World stages? I have 2600+ points and going to the Dream Bridge just takes me directly to Pleasant Forest.

EDIT: Never mind -_-; Randomly chooses what stage you go to I guess. First Pokémon encountered; Hoppip. The Pokémon I sent to my DS yesterday from the pleasant forest; Hoppip. Come on.

Last edited:
Lots of nice stuff today.

Apparently people like people who put EV berries on their shelves. 4 Dream Pal requests waiting for me when I logged in this evening. Got plenty of watering done, got in a few more crops of EV berries and then lucked out further on my Dream Isle trips. The first sent me to the forest (bleh) but after that I got 3 Sea stages and 2 sky stages. I also met loads of female pokes. Corsola, Krabby, Pidgey and Buizel headed up the list. Nice to have a choice for a change.

Brought Pidgey home with me. Ended the day on 7400 Dream Points. Tomorrow I'll have a (small) chance of finding new stuff in all the Dream Isle locations! The forest will actually be worth exploring again!

And it's one step closer to 10k, where DW Poliwhirl and Vulpix live.

Pretty great run today in the Dream World. Got my 500+ DPts as always, and consequently, my Sawsbuck grew a level :D. Used up all my Watering Points (a first in a few runs), all my Dream Isle runs, and filled all my crops field. Satisfied? Indeed.

Managed to snag a few EV berries here and there, got extra Tamatos and Kelpsys; they were both very popular on people's share shelves, covering almost half the display in some. Finally, after some thorough searching in the daily route I take (yes, I have memorized the route of users to get into a cul-de-sac of Modern House Japanese players, sad right?) I found the elusive Grepa Berry :).

Got my usual runs in, thanks to the DW for raising Windswept Sky in ratio to Pleasant Forest, if only for today. Came down to Females Prankster Murkrow with Peck or Big Pecks Pidgey with Secret Power. Chose Pidgey because it had an exclusive Dream World move. I'll get Murkrow next time. I only found out today that Honchkrow actually gets Moxie instead, so I'll be anxious to find another Female Murkrow. Hopefully, the next time I do happen upon one, it will have Confuse Ray ;).

PS: So.. does anyone else have a daily route they take through their friends?

i've heard of the island going empty after 4-5 visits but every time i went across the bridge, the place was practically bare! i only found like 2 pokemon on my trip :(

so i walked away with this lil piece of gold:
dreamworld-Ledyba.png

Yeah, I wanted a Ledyba, too, but also wanted one that's Female. I know that it gets Iron Fist when it evolves, so scoring a ThunderPunch would be amazing, but then I found out that Ledian's ATK stat is near abysmal compared to it's already bad SPATK; really GameFreak? What a waste..

Last edited:
Few things i learned today.

The EV reducing berries have had their grow time increased from 36 hours to at least 48, so you get a max of 3 crops a week now i guess.

Pokemon who level up to a level where they'd normally learn a move, don't learn that move, same as the pokewalker, which is dissapointing, I would have figure'd they'd fix that by now.

Back
Top Bottom