• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

While Grey certainly seems like a contender based on color, it doesn't seem all that sound based on concept.

Zekrom and Reshiram are supposed to represent Yin and Yang and Kyurem is thought to symbolize Wuji (or the absence of Yin and Yang). So something like Pokemon Void, Pokemon Zero (in reference to his Ice type) or just something more original than Grey.

Those ideas would be pretty outside normal Pokemon naming conventions though.

Grey actually would fit based on concept--at least as far as storyline is concerned. Consider this quote from N:

"Many different values mix together, and the world becomes gray... That is unforgivable! I will separate Pokémon and people, and black and white will be clearly distinct! Only then will Pokémon become perfect beings! Yes, that is my dream! That is the dream I must fulfill! <player>, do you have a dream of your own?"

N contrasts his own ideal of separation, and a Black and White morality, with the player's realistic view that the world is more complex than that, and that differing viewpoints are really just a sliding scale of grays. This is why I believe that the storyline of the third version might have you facing both dragons with Kyurem in the climax--it would be the ultimate symbol of the player's views that the differences between humans and Pokemon can be reconciled without having to segregate the two.

I like it, a lot actually. That is probably the best justification I've seen for it being called Grey. It may sound a little dull, but at least from that view point, it makes perfect sense.

I'd like to see either some of the Seven Sages or the Shadow Triad appear as battleable trainers throughout the Plasma story. Kind of like the Commanders and Admins of previous villainous teams.

Also gym leaders from Skyla onwards really need to expand their rosters to at least four Pokemon, and I'd like to see the Elite Four expand theirs to five.

I have an idea for Kyurem. What if Ice Burn and Freeze Shock influences it like Relic Song does with Meloetta?
Maybe (Dragon/Ice) with a new form; or even (Ice/Fire)(Ice/Electric)
The Electric and Fire moves would either have to come from a completely new moveset or through the Move Tutors that SHOULD appear in the 3rd Version.

I want tutors of the removed TMs.
Especially these
-Dark Pulse(So Hydreigon can have it and Earth Power)
-Dragon Pulse(A move that Serperior would love)
-Water Pulse
-Focus Punch
-Giga Drain
-Iron Tail
-Steel Wing(I am tired of having to breed for this)
-Roost(Braviary needs this bad)
-Drain Punch(My gosh at all the fighting types that want this)

Anyone else not thinking 'Hmm, N went on about equations, aren't singular letters used as variables in place of a number in an equation until it's replaced by a number during algebra?' Wouldn't Ghetsis have a number of plans, both backup and after his has succeeded? No?

I'm getting the feeling N's going to be replaced when his hero role's over in Grey, which'll allow a second story to be played where Ghetsis attempts a second attempt to take over Unova, this time more forcefully and utilizing Kyurem and the two other Tao trio members. You calm it down by catching it and Ghetsis, in a fit of rage, releases the other two by accident or N reappears and does it for him.

Just a feeling, though.

Last edited:
N will be in grey. Cutting him would be pointless

How do you think theyll pull off a battle frontier this time? Just add some new subways?

How do you think theyll pull off a battle frontier this time? Just add some new subways?

I think they'll find some new use for the Subways and add a new island for the Frontier, kinda like what they did with the Contest Halls in Hoenn in Emerald.

I have an idea for Kyurem. What if Ice Burn and Freeze Shock influences it like Relic Song does with Meloetta?
The Electric and Fire moves would either have to come from a completely new moveset or through the Move Tutors that SHOULD appear in the 3rd Version.

That would actually be very awesome and would work wonderfully. It would be a fresh take on forms and wouldn't seem like a rehash of Giratina.

I insist on this!

About the name, we need to know which Pokemon will be on the cover.
Blastoise on cover: Blue
Charizard on cover: Red
Venasaur on cover: Green
Pikachu: Yellow
Ho-oh: Gold (he is gold, or at least appeared gold in EP002)
Lugia: Silver
Suicune: Crystal (well he looks sorta crystalline, right?)
List goes on and on.

Some random about this I have been wondering about is what will the playable main character's new outfits look like in this as it happened in Emerald and Platinum so its very likely to happen in this third version.

About the name, we need to know which Pokemon will be on the cover.
Blastoise on cover: Blue
Charizard on cover: Red
Venasaur on cover: Green
Pikachu: Yellow
Ho-oh: Gold (he is gold, or at least appeared gold in EP002)
Lugia: Silver
Suicune: Crystal (well he looks sorta crystalline, right?)
List goes on and on.

General consensus is that the mascot will be Kyurem.

But, they didn't make B/W Fire and Electric based. I think Chrome is good. Gray seems... meh.
Blackouts and the white glow of fire. The lack of energy and the abundance of it. Metaphorically, they kinda did. And if we go by this logic, Gray would be like Wuji the blankness of ice, ergo the complete non-existence of energy. HEYO!

Rematches for both trainers and Gyms should just be series standard at this point. It's silly to hold a feature just to put it back in the 3rd version. There's likely enough other features that will draw people into buying them.
Battle Frontier! Oh wait...

I'd like to see either some of the Seven Sages or the Shadow Triad appear as battleable trainers throughout the Plasma story. Kind of like the Commanders and Admins of previous villainous teams.
The Shadow Triad would be good for the main game, and the Sages for the post game. The way they were caught with looker was ridiculous. What I would really like is if the two girls, Hope and Peace(?), are battled, right before N, to try and stop you from completely smashing him.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Kyurem can easily have 2 forms if they want, and more so I would love if they do take that route and lose the dragon type. It would be fitting as a classification and give him a pure elemental dual typing. On top of it, it would be great if said forms also made things different in the game.
What I mean is this. Some point early in the game you have to save both stones, but for some reason you can only save one, based on that one rock, stone you choose which Pokemon form you would take later in the game to help you. Kyurem with Zekrom's spirit(I'm not sure on this one, its technically Zekrom's spirit in the rock that gets released right? So thus its not taking two Pokemon and smacking their designs together, but fusing their spirits. Okay, fancier way of saying it, whatever :p) or Kyurem with Reshiram's Spirit. In the end you keep both the rock you chose and Kyurem, to change forms whenever you feel like it.
As well as this, Plasma is split over this as well. One side has greyer suits with black lining and feel that harnessing the power of electricity to further the expansion of humanity is what they must do, while the side with white lining on their suits feel that harnessing the power of fire and keeping the world in balance with the power of fire is what they must do. Meanwhile N and Ghetsis are in an outrage at this quarrel for both of these sides cancel out what he wants(the freedom of Pokemon) and the existence of black and white is a must and gray must never succeed.Now how this can all tie together I have no idea. But such a story would rock.

He will thats when we find out his name, right?
Yep, Masuda hinted that a 3rd game would reveal it.

Facilities at the end of each Subway line with new towns and/or routes for the areas around em. There are exactly 7 lines they can use to do this, and that would mean 6 new areas can be added. Anville Town could also expand, and the octagon battle subway line can be used to do the normal ol battle tower challenge. Here's a map for reference to show what I mean.
subwaymap.png

See its as simple as showing us what's in each area. I can also hazard a guess that the pink line goes to the lighthouse. The lighthouse can be used as a facility even. Whoops, goes to the Unity Tower. Still evne if its 6 facilities, I can see it happening.
General consensus is that the mascot will be Kyurem.
As if it won't be. Its obviously meant to complete the trio.

Last edited:
I think they should not change Kyurem's type but change its form because it is clearly stated that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one being also known as the original dragon.

Grey, or Gray. I can't imagine why they'd go with any other name. Looking at Kyurem, it is more of a Grey color. Pink, Orange, Purple, etc just doesn't match.

Back
Top Bottom