• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most useless pokemon moves?

Flatter. I can see that if you use Swagger, the target's attack goes up, causing it to hurt itself more, but why raise it's special
Focus Punch

Flatter can be used as an alternative to Confuse Ray for physical opponents, and Focus Punch is awesome when behind a substiture.
The rest is useless, though.

Flatter can be used as an alternative to Confuse Ray for physical opponents, and Focus Punch is awesome when behind a substiture.
The rest is useless, though.

I don't think Imprison is useless. Once I lost to an NPC because Imprison rendered my Munna completely unable to do anything.

Anyway... Sing, Grasswhistle, and Supersonic. Why use a 55% accurate move when there's a 100% accurate counterpart?

I don't think Imprison is useless. Once I lost to an NPC because Imprison rendered my Munna completely unable to do anything.

Anyway... Sing, Grasswhistle, and Supersonic. Why use a 55% accurate move when there's a 100% accurate counterpart?

I don't know. Maybe sometimes the Pokemon can't learn those 100% moves?

There are no useless moves. Seriously. Just some examples I've heard; Fling + IronBall, Choice-Item-, etc. or Helping Hand from a Defensive Poke to an Offensive Wide Sweeper in Double Battles. Flatter and Swagger may seem useless, but just wait for the day a Contrary Pokemon gets it (Confuse Ray + -2 ATK/SPATK). I know Serperior's nature is capable of both ;).

In my opinion, there are no absolutely useless moves. Even Mud Sport can be useful in a double battle.

Meh, the sports, as the pokemon that know them are already strong against the move they know. (I know it's for double battles, but double battles are meh)

Splash is no longer the most useless move. Now, that goes to Heal Pulse when used in single battles.

Well, of course splash is useless.

That's the point, so I didn't nominate it because it fulfills its purpose.

Actually, Selfdestruct and Explosion are good when you're Pokemon is hopeless, like with 5 HP left and you have others.

Aside from Splash, I think Screech and Growl are the most usless Pokemon moves.

Selfdestruct and Explosion aren't useless but they became a lot less useful after Gen IV since they don't halve Defense anymore.

Constrict is horrible. Mud Sport is horrible. Giga Drain (used) to be horrible. Also I don't see how Dialga is the only Dragon-type Pokemon with a Dragon-type Hyper Beam.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom