• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you care about Natures?

Release or keep?

• Yes, I'd release it.

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Nah, I can work around it.

Votes: 62 68.9%

• Total voters
The only pokémon where I care about natures is Eevee. I never release them, though, I just evolve them into the Eeveelution for whom the nature would work best.

Nope. I don't even bother to read their stats. As long as their level is acceptable, I'm happy.

Only for Pokémon I plan to EV train. For in-game Pokémon, though a bad Nature can be a letdown, it doesn't hampers their performance too badly. I usually settle even if it's the worst Nature, though there are some exceptions.

I couldn't care less. I'm not competitive, and I don't EV train. I would rather cheat for are candies, and give them hacked evs and ivs.

I'm not a competitive player, so I use what I get. It's worked for me so far :3

Depends, if it's for my in-game storyline team then I'll take it as it is, but for battling purposes natures make all the difference.

Unless the nature deeply weakens the Pokemon's strongest stats (i.e a Solosis with -Sp Attack) I keep it. Great natures are just a bonus at least as far as non-competitive goes.

Edit: That or the creature's really easy capture, like towards the start of the game. I can fish for better natures more easily in that situation.

If I catch a Pokemon with a bad nature, typically I'd keep it, and just breed until I get a better one. I do however, release babies that have bad natures (due to limited box space). I don't battle competitively, and I'm not an IV breeder either, but I do want my in-game teams to work. =)

I don't generally look for ones with better natures, I usually base the moveset on whatever nature the pokemon happens to have

I don't really care about the nature of Pokemon. If it's a good one, that's great. If it's a bad one, well, there are ways of getting around that. ;)
So basically, I work with whatever I get.

Depends if I want to:

1. Add it to Pokedex
2. Use it competitively
3. Use it in-game
4. Trade it

Odd numbers I don't care, Even I do.

I have yet to pay much attention to natures so far. Although training a guy with good IV's and specific nature does intrigue me and I might try it out eventually. To me it seems more like something to focus on after beating the game (beating elite 4/plot this is because I don't think it is worth the time when going through the story.

As a general rule, no, especially if the Pokemon in question happens to be female. (I can breed for a better Nature later if I really feel the need.) However, there are exceptions to this rule.

In the case of my Golurk, he had to be Brave. No other Nature would suit him. I figured, "He's a giant robot, all giant robots are pretty brave so he has to be courageous as well." So I went through the trouble of getting a Brave Natured Munna with Synchronize just to catch a Brave Golett with Iron Fist. That Golett, Riser, is now a Golurk and he has a really nice Attack stat. He's my team's "heavy hitter", no pun intended.

With the Eeveelutions, I try to get Natures based on their final form. For example: Mild Natured female for Espeon, Careful or Gentle Natured male for Umbreon, etc. I care more about the gender than I do the Nature. For an Eevee, there really isn't such a thing as a "bad" Nature!

Event Pokemon, like TRU giveaways, I try to get with a decent Nature. They're rare, so how often am I going to run into them?

Shinies, I don't care about Nature at all. They're shiny. 'Nuff said.

Say you catch a Machop with the nature Timid. Or an Abra with the nature Adamant. Would you release it and continue searching for the same Pokemon with a better nature, or would you just accept it?

I can't do it. I normally start finding builds for a set of Pokemon in an area and start finding females so I can breed them later on for trade. Normally takes me awhile to get through areas doing this however.

I don't really care about IVs that much. But I do like the natures solely for their personality. My favorites are Sassy and Jolly. :lol:

Natures are an important factor in the competitive Pokes I raise. In-game? Not that much.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom