• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How did YOU get into pokemon was it an accident?

juan8913

I want shiny zekrm
Reaction score
Well me personally i would say when i was 7 my dad bought me a gameboy. He took me to WalMart to buy my first game. I said Dad can you buy me that game with that cool red monster(groudon). If it wasnt for my little childish mind i wouldnt like pokemon this day. I really don't know if i regret that day oh well :/.

So how did you get into pokemon

Well I used to like the anime when I was little so when I had my Gameboy and saw a game called "Pokemon" I was on it like a fly on turd.

My friend told me about it, but I didn't really get it. I started watching the anime when I was like six. Then I didn't get to watch it for a while. Then I finally got back into it two years ago.

My friend John came over my house and he brought his Gameboy. I remember he put his Gameboy down to go to the bathroom, and I picked it up and started playing it.

The next day I begged my mom to get me the newest Pokemon game, FireRed lols

Saw one of the very first airings of the anime in the UK, was already into video games massively (despite being like four/five years old) and asked my Mum to get me a Gameboy and Pokémon Red (she got me Red and Blue for my Birthday), and after watching a ton of the anime I already loved it LOL the games just secured my position as a hardcore fan for the rest of my life.

I started playing Pokemon a year ago, when I randomly picked up a discounted copy of SoulSilver in a Puerto Rican GameStop.

My life was never the same since.

u jacker LOL oh i cant say nything since i stole an SP from a laundramat

everyday during recess, i watched kids play with pokemon figures. it then looked like fun to me, so i bought pokemon diamond. and at one point, i used to think pokemon was lame. i also bought it because i really loved pikachu at that time.

Well I used to like the anime when I was little so when I had my Gameboy and saw a game called "Pokemon" I was on it like a fly on turd.

^^ THIS, for me, when i saw Ruby on the game shelve, i ran to it as a rabid wolf, LOL, AG wasn't even out on my country~

My revival was because I played Pokemon Indigo (that online game) for a while, and decided to get the game.

Originally, it was because the anime was on TV.

Kind of. I had this Rapidash tin and a Charizard plush that I don't really know how I got. One day I was bored and was mashing the arrows to change the channels on my TV remote like an idiot. I heard the word "Pokemon" and instantly recognized it from the word on my Rapidash tin. I watched the rest of the episode and realized how awesome the show was. :B I watched it, but I didn't really start to care hugely about Pokemon until I decided to get FireRed.

I used to have a Totodile plush when I was young, but I didn't know what a Pokémon was. One day I found the show on TV and I really liked it. I didn't even know there was games, though. I started watching the show back in september, then learned there are games. >_>
I wish I still had that Totodile plush, it was cute as hell. D:

The first time was when Red and Blue had been newly released and it was just a massive fad for children- when Pokemon toys, cards, and the anime were everywhere. Second time, Black and White was just released and I needed something to do in my free time.

Some kid brought his Gameboy and showed off Pokemon Red, I was hooked from the start

Well, my daughter got bit by the bug a couple years ago, and dragged me into it. :) It's one of the more fun things we get to do together. Thing is, I ended up deeper into the games than she is.

Of course, about a year after that, I dropped in here and started trading on a national scale. But got overwhelmed with orders and had to take a break. (Sorry to everyone I left hanging...) But now I'm back, a much more tempered and solid individual, just looking to share in the experience.

My dad brought me to Walmart to choose a present for my ninth (or was it tenth? forgot) birthday. I was interested in getting a video game because my sister and her friend used to play Super Smash Bros. Melee but they only had two controllers.

I saw the GBA SP + Pokémon Emerald combo pack, and since it was cheap I got it. That night I played it for like four hours straight.

I watched the anime all my life (I watched it at 2, seriously), and my friend Growlithe, whom I met in preschool, had a dad that loved Pokemon. She shared the joy of the games with me =3

The first time, I got Red Version for Christmas when I was about five, and I couldn't stop playing it.

The second time, a couple of my friends in fifth grade were always looking at the Ruby/Sapphire strategy guide, and I learned a lot about the game before I even played it. Then I finally got Sapphire in seventh grade and loved it.

The third time, my friend and I were looking at the old Kanto Pokédex in my sophomore year (of high school) just for nostalgia. I remembered how fun the games were and started playing all the older generations again. Then I picked up a DS and some Generation IV games (and, for unrelated reasons that I won't go into here, arguably had more of a life afterward than I did before).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom