• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I bought SoulSilver the other day. For some reason, it won't connect to the GTS (or anything Wi-Fi enabled, for that matter.) However, it all works perfectly fine on my Pokemon Black card. I just put a Pokemon to sleep with no problems. All connection tests pass on the SoulSilver card's wireless settings. But I still cannot get Wi-Fi to work on that card when I switch back to that game.

Advice? :bawl:

This probably doesn't apply to you, but if you have a 3DS, make sure your wireless switch is on. I've gotten really confused a few times when I inexplicably couldn't connect.

This probably doesn't apply to you, but if you have a 3DS, make sure your wireless switch is on. I've gotten really confused a few times when I inexplicably couldn't connect.

No, I have a DSi XL. I forgot to mention that the test sometimes actually fails --but my wireless is working 100% fine at home. It randomly fails to get the IP address sometimes, but only when I do the test on the DSi XL's Wireless Settings. When playing Pokemon Black I have NEVER had a problem.

I am asking here after about four hours of research all over the internet and a lot of fiddling and resetting of my wireless settings on my DSi XL and my computer. I am so frustrated, it's already frickin' past 3:30am. I don't know what to do... I hope someone else has run into the issue and can tell me how to fix it. :dead:

EDIT: I got it to work --FOR NOW. It's working spottily. I had to set it the Wireless Network Mode to "B Only." I originally had it, as Nintendo suggested on their site, in "Mixed" mode. I don't know how this will affect the Wi-Fi on my Black card yet, or on my other wireless devices for that matter. Sigh. It looks like with Black I can keep playing even if I go outside the house a bit, but with SoulSilver I need to be right in front of the router. What the heck? Oh well...

Last edited:
Yeah, I have the same problem for all my DS games sans Black. The latter connects fine, and I've both obtained a Friend code (though I've yet to do anything with that) and got the Dream world to work, but not one of the 4th generation games can connect to Wi-fi at all.

I did Game Sync and accidentally pressed A when it was telling me my code! I really want to connect to the Dream World, how do I get my coe back!?

I did Game Sync and accidentally pressed A when it was telling me my code! I really want to connect to the Dream World, how do I get my coe back!?

Do you have an option named "Game Sync Settings" from the title screen? Select that, and it should bring up your Game Sync ID on the top screen.

Yeah, I have the same problem for all my DS games sans Black. The latter connects fine, and I've both obtained a Friend code (though I've yet to do anything with that) and got the Dream world to work, but not one of the 4th generation games can connect to Wi-fi at all.

Sorry to hear that. I was able to connect, albeit spottily, after the changes I mentioned, so try them, even if it makes no sense. Try being right in front of the router even if you don't need to do it for Black, and try changing the Wireless Mode of your router to "B only."

I hope it works for you, I was so frustrated last night. And now I have to set up my wireless printer all over again because I changed the passwords in my reset attempts to try and get SoulSilver to connect... :complain:

Do eggs move eventually stop being passed down? I've been breeding a Grotle and a Ditto to get an Adamant Turtwig. Normally the Turtwigs hatch knowing a few moves the Grotle knew but now the Turtwigs are hatching knowing only Tackle. Also the Day Care Man isn't calling me anymore for eggs when he is supposed to.

Do eggs move eventually stop being passed down? I've been breeding a Grotle and a Ditto to get an Adamant Turtwig. Normally the Turtwigs hatch knowing a few moves the Grotle knew but now the Turtwigs are hatching knowing only Tackle. Also the Day Care Man isn't calling me anymore for eggs when he is supposed to.
A Pokémon will only inherit an applicable egg move when it hatches if the male parent knows the move in question. Egg moves can be passed on to as many children as are able to learn the move. The Day Care man thing must be a spot of bad luck.

Just a quick question

Does any body know if its possible to get the Liechi Berry in pokemon White or Black ?

Re: Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Would you possibly know where to get the Liechi berry ?

Re: Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Oh k because ive seen ppl on youtube and they have it on bw so i thought you could get it but i just didnt know where

Hey, can anyone tell me what's different about pokemon that hatch from the eggs with the different sprites in gen V? Like, the ones where the egg as a different pattern and is more to the left on the summary screen?

huh? what are you talking about? :confused:

Crap. I forgot to screen cap it. :S And it also hatched out a seemingly normal Totodile.

I haven't checked anything out, but basically:

img0006gq.jpg

Like that. But with differently placed spots aswell.

A Pokémon will only inherit an applicable egg move when it hatches if the male parent knows the move in question. Egg moves can be passed on to as many children as are able to learn the move. The Day Care man thing must be a spot of bad luck.

The problem is earlier eggs did get moves from the father, but now no moves are being passed down. And the calling problem was just me being impatient.

Are there any starters available in the Dream World as of yet? I know I shouldn't jump into conclusions based on just one try, but I've been able to find none, and I've run into the same batch of common Pokemon more than a few times.

Are there any starters available in the Dream World as of yet? I know I shouldn't jump into conclusions based on just one try, but I've been able to find none, and I've run into the same batch of common Pokemon more than a few times.

No there are not.

Shit. Guess I'll have to hack my HeartGold and receive another starter from Oak, if I want a Bulbasaur or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom