• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Follow-up question: Can I use the Dream World to store Victini in, and then bring it back to my game cartridge after I have started up a new save file? Or is the Dream World tied to a specific save file?

It's tied to a specific save file.

How would I go about breeding a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Flawless Zorua?

Hax or random chance.

Besides feeding Pokémon vitamins to increase their happiness, are there other methods?

Besides feeding Pokémon vitamins to increase their happiness, are there other methods?

I find the quickest method to raise happiness is the Pokemon Musicals. Run through a couple times and you get the "I'm jealous of how friendly it is to you!" Message.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness. Yes.

So, if I defeat 2 Petilil while holding a Macho Brace, will my Sp.Atk. stat visually go +1?

No. When you increase in level, your Sp Atk stat will have more added to it than normal because you gained EVs. Macho Brace affects speed in-battle and EVs outside of battle. So, no, you won't get a +1.

I find the quickest method to raise happiness is the Pokemon Musicals. Run through a couple times and you get the "I'm jealous of how friendly it is to you!" Message.

Ugh, the musical? I really don't want to participate...

Walking with them, levelling up, Soothe Bell...catching in a Luxury Ball...giving them medicine thats not bitter.

I might use the Soothe Bell, but I'll wait for now; see what other options are better.

Will the massage make my Chansey become more happy, or will participating in the musical be the better choice? I don't want to participate, but if it's the fastest way, I'll do it.

Last edited:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness. Yes.

No. When you increase in level, your Sp Atk stat will have more added to it than normal because you gained EVs. Macho Brace affects speed in-battle and EVs outside of battle. So, no, you won't get a +1.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EV
Had to ask, the above article gave me the impression that once you get a certain amount of EV, it will automatically be figured into your stats after the battle.

I have a couple of questions on the Dream World. I can only access WiFi for about 3 minutes at a time, as I have go a few blocks and hide under a tree to tap into a neighbor's. :/

When you actually play in the Dream World, are you using your DS or your computer? Do you just use the DS to get in and then go on a computer, or do you just use the computer to register, and then actually go there on your DS?

Also, can I register online without having my DS on WiFi? I can't access a computer when my DS is connected to WiFi...

Dreamworld is played on the computer, you only use the ds to upload your pokemon and down load it.

Yup you can register without having the ds on wifi

Although you can register, playing would be a bit hard for you. You'd have to go to that spot, put the Pokémon to sleep, go to your computer. Then about an hour later, go back to the spot to wake the Pokémon up.

And repeat each time.

Although you can register, playing would be a bit hard for you. You'd have to go to that spot, put the Pokémon to sleep, go to your computer. Then about an hour later, go back to the spot to wake the Pokémon up.

And repeat each time.
Or just go once each day, wake up the Pokémon sleeping that day, put another to sleep, then play for the hour on a computer.

I need some help decidng on my new team.

Emboar
Stunfisk(I wanna see how good it is.)
Jellicent/Simipour
Bisharp
Braviary

Pokemon I can't decide on are Reuniclus,Gothitelle and Beartic. I could replace my water type with Beartic since it learns surf but it would be kind of lame.

I need some help decidng on my new team.

Emboar
Stunfisk(I wanna see how good it is.)
Jellicent/Simipour
Bisharp
Braviary

Pokemon I can't decide on are Reuniclus,Gothitelle and Beartic. I could replace my water type with Beartic since it learns surf but it would be kind of lame.

the best place to ask that would be here: In-Game Battle Strategy Thread.

I have a couple of questions on the Dream World. I can only access WiFi for about 3 minutes at a time, as I have go a few blocks and hide under a tree to tap into a neighbor's. :/

When you actually play in the Dream World, are you using your DS or your computer? Do you just use the DS to get in and then go on a computer, or do you just use the computer to register, and then actually go there on your DS?

Also, can I register online without having my DS on WiFi? I can't access a computer when my DS is connected to WiFi...

The Dream World is using your computer. So you can go to that spot, tuck your pokemon in, run to your computer, play on the Dream World for an hour, run back, and retrieve your pokemon.

You can register with the GL without your DS. I don't know if you need your DS for the registration with the Dream World, however.

The Dream World is using your computer. So you can go to that spot, tuck your pokemon in, run to your computer, play on the Dream World for an hour, run back, and retrieve your pokemon.

You can register with the GL without your DS. I don't know if you need your DS for the registration with the Dream World, however.
You just need the PGL code thing, which you can easily see in your game, then jot down on a piece of paper.

You just need the PGL code thing, which you can easily see in your game, then jot down on a piece of paper.
Or not even that. After you download your code you can view it anytime even if you're not connected, from the main menu.

How do I register someone as a dream pal? Do they have to make their profile open to everyone?
Or will they automatically become my Dream Pal if they're a Global Link friend?

Actually they changed that this gen. Gaining EVs now affects the stats before leveling. This makes it so you can give level 100s EVs as well.

How do I register someone as a dream pal? Do they have to make their profile open to everyone?
Or will they automatically become my Dream Pal if they're a Global Link friend?

For some reason you can't find the people on your game pal luck unless it's by total chance. :c There are plenty of random people to interact with though. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom