• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Build a broken Pokémon!

Hmmm...
A Rock/Ice pokemon with 1 HP and Sturdy, that can learn Magic Coat and Magnet Rise. Vulnerable to only Stealth Rock.

Hmmm...
A Rock/Ice pokemon with 1 HP and Sturdy, that can learn Magic Coat and Magnet Rise. Vulnerable to only Stealth Rock.

In order to counter that, I'd reprogram the game so that only Pokémon who have at least 2 max HP can activate the ability Sturdy.

Ooh, this is fun. 8D If we can use made-up abilities, I'd like to propose this fake-mon I recently made up.

Fimbulvetr (named after an FE8 spell)
The Summoning Pokemon. Male-only.
Type: Psychic/Dark
Ability: Summon Guard
Protects the Pokemon from all direct damage.

Max Stats @ Level 100 (with +nature, 31 IV, and max EV)
HP: 454 (base stat 125)
ATK: 119 (base stat 5)
DEF: 119 (base stat 5)
Sp. ATK: 447 (base stat 154)
Sp. DEF: 119 (base stat 5)
SPD: 383 (base stat 125)
Base Stat Total: 419
(I could be totally off though. 8D; I suck at the base-stat calculation.)

Fimbulvetr is broken because he's the anti-Magic-Guard. D8 Being damaged only by indirect damage would be a nightmare to face! Add the only weakness he has is to bug, you have a Pokemon begging to be banned from everything. The only thing Fimbulvetr has to fear is Mold Breaker, Teravolt, Turboblaze, and Gastro Acid. 'Cause once a mold-breaker shows up, they gonna wreck up Filbulvetr's shit.

I has a design for him right here.
7e00efe1.png

And a shiny here -> http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z183/Fairy-red-hime/b927b706.png?t=1305197086

I suck at drawing non-humanoids, but that is Fimbulvetr. Hah, my post probably went too far, but there you go, a broken Pokemon. Only weather, entry hazards, burn, poison, confusion, leech seed, curse, and struggle can hurt him without mold-breakers.

If I made a mess-up in the base-stat total thing, do let me know nicely. 8D; I want to make sure his base-stat total actually IS below 500.

Last edited:
In order to counter that, I'd reprogram the game so that only Pokémon who have at least 2 max HP can activate the ability Sturdy.

It could be hit with a Toxic/Poisonpowder/Will-o-wisp before setting up, or it could recieve a burn from a fire attack.
In fact, I think that Magnet Rise wouldn't help it all if it wasn't Baton Passed.
Basically, if it's Baton Passed Magnet Rise and then it has time to Magic Coat, it'd be pretty darn hard to beat without Roar/Stealth Rock.

Ability: Summon Guard
Protects the Pokemon from all direct damage.

I think the guy would be broken for that ability alone. That means that those low defenses of his are useless. Remember, it has to be broken upon close analysis, nothing bleedingly obvious.

Try again with a different ability. (Oh, whoops, never mind. Mold Breaker.)

I like the guy's cute design, though. :D

Last edited:
Fimbulvetr would benefit a lot from two of the following types to avoid passive damage: Grass (Leech Seed), Fire (burn), Poison, Steel (poison). With Steel typing especially, even Chansey and Blissey would have a hard time against it. Otherwise, it looks good, though you could tone down its offensive stats a little (it's broken enough as it is). I really like your design.

EDIT: Oops, Sazand*ra posted while I was writing that. Feel free to disregard my post (although I still like the design).

Here's mine
Its a pseudo legendary
Name:Bearking
Type:Fighting/dark
base stats
hp:100
att:160
def:95
spat:10
spdef:95
speed:140
moves:close combat/dark crash(120 power dark attack-physical)/rock slide/swords dance
abilities:
guts / moxie / devious(opposite of Justified ie increases attack sharply whenever hit by fighting attacks)
:unworthy:
Hehe, powerful isn't it?

Another idea for me, might work.

Name >> Boosteon
Type >> Electric/Fire
Ability >> Speed Boost / Moody / Trailblazer(+1 priority to all moves)
Base Stats >> HP40/ATK10/DEF60/SPATK170/SPDEF100/SPD200
Moves >> Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/(Special fire/electric priority move)/Double Team
Reason >> Intense speed to get the first blow, high special attack.
Counters >> Not very much

Another idea for me, might work.

Name >> Boosteon
Type >> Electric/Fire
Ability >> Speed Boost / Moody / Trailblazer(+1 priority to all moves)
Base Stats >> HP40/ATK10/DEF60/SPATK170/SPDEF100/SPD200
Moves >> Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/(Special fire/electric priority move)/Double Team
Reason >> Intense speed to get the first blow, high special attack.
Counters >> Not very much

I dont want to shoot down your idea but with that defence(and typing), one earthquake will be more than enough.
Secondly ,If you are getting priority on every move then there's no need for so much speed..

I dont want to shoot down your idea but with that defence(and typing), one earthquake will be more than enough.
Secondly ,If you are getting priority on every move then there's no need for so much speed..

Give it Levitate. Boom.

Here's mine
Its a pseudo legendary
Name:Bearking
Type:Fighting/dark
base stats
hp:100
att:160
def:95
spat:10
spdef:95
speed:140
moves:close combat/dark crash(120 power dark attack-physical)/rock slide/swords dance
abilities:
guts / moxie / devious(opposite of Justified ie increases attack sharply whenever hit by fighting attacks)
:unworthy:
Hehe, powerful isn't it?

A fast flying type with high attack with STAB Drill Peck.
That would probably be enough to kill it.

Unnamed thing.
Type: Steel/Fire
Stats:
HP: 1
Attack: 199
Defense: 0
S. Attack: 150
S. Defense: 0
Speed: 200
BST: 550

Ability: Sturdy (gen. V)

Basically, the 1 HP would activate Sturdy all the time, so it'd be invulnerable to conventional attacks (even if they hit). As it has just 1 HP, it has no need for any defense stat either, allowing a more insane stat distribution keeping the BST under rules. (If the limit was 500 even it'd still have the three stats much higher than almost anything else). And the Steel/Fire typing make it inmune to Poison, Burn and Sandstorm.

Of course, there are plenty of other ways to get past it, such as anything with Snow Warning, entry hazards, Leech Seed, OHKO's, Sleep and Nightmare/Bad Dreams, confusion damage, other abilities, getting rid of Sturdy, possibly multiple hits in the same turn, etc. So it's not really broken, but otherwise it mainly acts like an improved Shedinja, and gets rid of the common Sandstorm damage.

Its movepool, offensive moves with good coverage and more accurate than with high base power for the physical side, something on the special side to counter physical walls, some STAB moves to kill things that don't resist them, increased priority moves (Extremespeed, Pursuit for when the opponent figures they can't use the pokemon they have out), and status moves that would get rid of some of its weaknesses, like Magic Coat.

Of course it's all still useless against Snow Warning, but poison and burn are far more common than that.

Alternatively, give it Magic Guard and spam Destiny Bond. It follows the exact opposite strategy. But you can't sweep teams with purely offensive moves this way.

Last edited:
Bombent
Electric/Fire
Ability: Levitate/Unstable (If critted, uses explosion)
Stats: 60 HP, 120 Attack, 95 Special Attack, 50 Defense, 59 Special Defense, 105 Speed
Moves: Explosion, Egg Bomb, Flare Blitz, Zap Cannon
Why it's broken: You can never be too careful. 50% chance EQ might not hit it, 50% chance Crit will activate the most powerful move in the games.it's got good attacks and speed, but its other stats are mediocre.
Counters: EQ+Mold Breaker/Teravolt/The one Reshiram has

You do realize that a base HP stat of 1 doesn't actually give your Pokémon a constant HP stat of 1, right?
Perhaps, but Shedinja's base HP is also 1. (as opposed to 0) So I figured that regardless of how the game says "this thing has 1 HP" I'd rather keep it that way for mere consistency. In fact probably the other stats shouldn't be 0 either as right now a substitute would take infinite damage, which would break the game in the more literal way.

*insert Pokémon-esque name here*
Type: Steel/Ground
Ability: Guts
Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 110
Def: 95
SpAtk: 50
SpDef: 95
Spd: 116
BST: 546

Steel/Ground gives it resistances to Dark, Ghost, Normal, Poison, Electric, Flying, Psychic, Dragon, Rock and Bug. Plenty of opportunities to switch in. More importantly its typing gives immunity to Toxic Spikes and Thunder Wave, as well as 4x resistance to Stealth Rock. Due to its ability, Sleep is the only status that will affect it. With a Flame Orb attached, is will technically be immune to all status.

110 Attack lets it 2HKO Skarmory with Stone Edge after a Swords Dance and Guts boost. Defenses are high enough that no priority attack is capable of 1HKOing. Speed is 116 in order to troll Starmie by out-speeding and KOing before it manages to Surf.

A moveset of Swords Dance/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Facade would go unresisted by all except Bronzong.

Calculations:
+2 Guts Facade vs 252/4 Gliscor: 335-395 damage, 94-111%. Guaranteed 1HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 Guts Earthquake vs 252/252 Suicune: 285-336 damage, 70-83%. Extremely high chance of 1HKOing after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes.
+2 Guts Stone Edge vs 252/252 Skarmory: 165-195 damage, 49-58%. Guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 Guts Facade vs 252/80 Bronzong: 166-196 damage, 49-58%. Extremely high chance of 2HKOing after Stealth Rock.
+2 Guts Earthquake vs 248/216 Swampert: 346-408 damage, 85-101%. Extremely high chance of 1HKOing after 1 layer of spikes. Guaranteed after 1 layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock.
+2 Guts Stone Edge vs 252/168 Rotom-A: 235-277 damage, 77-91%. High chance of 1HKOing after Stealth Rock.
+2 Guts Earthquake vs 252/144 Forretress: 262-310 damage, 74-87%. 1HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock.

Only Levitating and Flying Steel types are capable of taking more than one hit after a Guts and Swords Dance. Even then, there's a very large chance that the next hit will KO.

Super-effective priority attacks are likely the best check. 80/95 defenses can only take 1 super-effective priority move, anymore will faint it. Dugtrio will always out-speed, trap, and 1HKO with Earthquake. Damage output is somewhat average without Guts or Swords Dance, so if it can be prevented from boosting up, its threat is minimized.

----

I have no idea if this is broken compared to Gen V stuff because I haven't played since sometime after HGSS came out. But hell. It's a Guts sweeper that can't be paralyzed, won't be forced out by increased Toxic damage, doesn't need a boost to out-speed things, doesn't have much of any residual damage to worry about outside of Burn, and resists a whole bunch of crap. That's pretty overpowered from what I see.

Christ. I feel like a nerd for typing all that.

Anything with 1 HP and the 5th gen sturdy ability =)

na...

no name

type Electric with the Drizzle ability
attacks = magnet rise, thunder, hydro pump, reflect
stats =
HP/Att/Def/SP.Att/SP.Def/Speed
90/25/50/175/90/120

speed + magnet rise = epic
good sp.att and a no miss for thunder plus the STAB
hydro pump for the hell of it
feflect for the better defence

probally a few missed thing but i still like

Fimbulvetr would benefit a lot from two of the following types to avoid passive damage: Grass (Leech Seed), Fire (burn), Poison, Steel (poison). With Steel typing especially, even Chansey and Blissey would have a hard time against it. Otherwise, it looks good, though you could tone down its offensive stats a little (it's broken enough as it is). I really like your design.

EDIT: Oops, Sazand*ra posted while I was writing that. Feel free to disregard my post (although I still like the design).

I think the guy would be broken for that ability alone. That means that those low defenses of his are useless. Remember, it has to be broken upon close analysis, nothing bleedingly obvious.

Try again with a different ability. (Oh, whoops, never mind. Mold Breaker.)

I like the guy's cute design, though. :D

Whoops! I totally missed the "on close analysis" part. 8D; I got too carried away and was like "YAY BROKEN POKEMON GO!!"

(I'm glad you two like his design!)

So I'm guessing the base-stat total is accurate? D8 Okay, then I'll fix Fimbulvetr's stats a little. How's this?

HP: 306 (base stat 90)
ATK: 119 (base stat 5)
DEF: 119 (base stat 5)
Sp. ATK: 273 (base stat 75)
Sp. DEF: 119 (base stat 5)
SPD: 383 (base stat 125)
Base Stat Total: 305

I want his defense and special defense to be lower than 119, but I have no idea how to calculate that. OTL

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom