• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

You know how when you insert an N64 cart there are 2 notches at the side of the slot? Well, on the Japanese N64, those notches are in a different spot. All you need to do is remove those and you can play Japanese games on your US n64. You can also use a GameShark or a Passport Plus to play imports and bypass the notches without disassembly.

It's kind of like how US carts on the SNES are shaped differently from Super Famicom carts.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I am getting an Action Replay so I can look at stats and possibly activate old events I missed (hopefully). Just out of curiosity, do people consider captured Pokes from hacked events hacked as well? Or are they considered legit?
If you have to ask, it probably is. Using an Action Replay means you are hacking, so yes, it is considered hacked. If you miss the event, that doesn't mean you should hack it. They're called events because they are events (what amazing logic). The idea behind them is just a nice little bonus for people who have access to it, or even an incentive to buy the game. I can't explain it really well, but hacking events really takes the point out if it. Why hack the event if you can just hack any Pokémon in? Also, I'm pretty sure Black and White are Action Replay proof, as well as a few others hacking devices-proof.

I had some questions too, but I can never remember them once I sit down at the computer.... sigh. I'm going to write them down in my 3DS next time. Why yes, I do have a 3DS. 3DS 3DS 3DS. *flaunts*

You know how when you insert an N64 cart there are 2 notches at the side of the slot? Well, on the Japanese N64, those notches are in a different spot. All you need to do is remove those and you can play Japanese games on your US n64. You can also use a GameShark or a Passport Plus to play imports and bypass the notches without disassembly.

It's kind of like how US carts on the SNES are shaped differently from Super Famicom carts.

If you mean the ones that are towards the back, then I know what you're talking about. I don't wanna modify such an old system, though...

If you have to ask, it probably is. Using an Action Replay means you are hacking, so yes, it is considered hacked. If you miss the event, that doesn't mean you should hack it. They're called events because they are events (what amazing logic).

The idea behind them is just a nice little bonus for people who have access to it, or even an incentive to buy the game. I can't explain it really well, but hacking events really takes the point out if it. Why hack the event if you can just hack any Pokémon in? Also, I'm pretty sure Black and White are Action Replay proof, as well as a few others hacking devices-proof.

I had some questions too, but I can never remember them once I sit down at the computer.... sigh. I'm going to write them down in my 3DS next time. Why yes, I do have a 3DS. 3DS 3DS 3DS. *flaunts*

Look, if you're going to be rude, don't bother responding. If you don't want to hack fine, don't do it. But please, don't try to be condescending like it's some ethical issue. I know, that's amazing logic isn't it.

Jesus H. Christ.

This isn't the thread to debate whether use of external devices is acceptable or not (we do have one of these, in the Dubious Disc subforum), so yeah, let's try to stay on topic and stay civil. This thread is just to ask ask and answer questions.

Look, if you're going to be rude, don't bother responding. If you don't want to hack fine, don't do it. But please, don't try to be condescending like it's some ethical issue. I know, that's amazing logic isn't it.

Jesus H. Christ.
Geez, I didn't mean for it to be rude. Rereading it now, I see it may have come off a bit sour, and I'm sorry.
You asked if using an Action Replay was hacking, and I said yes. I tried to explain my reasoning, and as I said, I couldn't explain it really well. In my attempt to explain it better, I may have accidentally changed the overall tone of the message, and again, I apologize.

Geez, I didn't mean for it to be rude. Rereading it now, I see it may have come off a bit sour, and I'm sorry.
You asked if using an Action Replay was hacking, and I said yes. I tried to explain my reasoning, and as I said, I couldn't explain it really well. In my attempt to explain it better, I may have accidentally changed the overall tone of the message, and again, I apologize.

Thanks, and no problem. :)

if I delete someone's FC from my pal pad will their NPC disappear from my union tower?

edit: looking at the conversation above, I have another question: I thought action replay only worked with roms? xD

It's OK, you can use a gameshark to bypass it too. Or you can use an n64 passport (You MUST use one if you have a pal system, as that uses a different security chip)

if I delete someone's FC from my pal pad will their NPC disappear from my union tower?

No, they will not.

edit: looking at the conversation above, I have another question: I thought action replay only worked with roms? xD

No, it works directly with your DS and the games. (*points further inquiries to the Dubious Disc*)

How exactly are you supposed to get Dream World furniture from Loblolly? I've picked items that's she's offerred and then game synced several times, yet I can't seem to find any of her items in the Dream Catalogue (and they're definitely not already in my house).

How exactly are you supposed to get Dream World furniture from Loblolly? I've picked items that's she's offerred and then game synced several times, yet I can't seem to find any of her items in the Dream Catalogue (and they're definitely not already in my house).
Remember what you've ordered from Loblolly, and check that page for the item.

Try the Carpet, as there is only one Berry and One from Loblolly. You'll see that one Carpet has a Star with a D on it. You now own it, and you can add it to your house. Any item that has that star will be yours.

Anyone know what happens to your Dream World points if you 'new game'? Are your points in DW bound to the game, or are they bound to your cart? I'm assuming it's the cart, and not the game, but I want to make sure before resetting.

Is anyone's dreamworld messing up? On mine, the sound isn't working, the sound icon keeps flashing from mute to full sound, but nothing.
I also can't access anything, promotions, mail, the actual dreamworld, nothing. When I click on any of them, the loading bar comes up, then the bar fully loads and nothing happens after that. Is it a problem on my end or their end?

Anyone know what happens to your Dream World points if you 'new game'? Are your points in DW bound to the game, or are they bound to your cart? I'm assuming it's the cart, and not the game, but I want to make sure before resetting.
They're tied to the save file I believe, seeing as how since DP you've had to go through that whole 'delete all data' process to start a new game iirc.

Is anyone's dreamworld messing up? On mine, the sound isn't working, the sound icon keeps flashing from mute to full sound, but nothing.
I also can't access anything, promotions, mail, the actual dreamworld, nothing. When I click on any of them, the loading bar comes up, then the bar fully loads and nothing happens after that. Is it a problem on my end or their end?

It looks like it's a combination of both. I'd maybe restart your computer to see if that solves the problem.

They're tied to the save file I believe, seeing as how since DP you've had to go through that whole 'delete all data' process to start a new game iirc.

That is correct.

That is correct.

vader-nooooo.jpg

Hey everyone! I have 2 questions/issues:

1)does anyone know why the traders in Anville Town disappear every week? I saw them one Saturday in April (the 1st time I went to Anville Town) and left the town to get the required items. The next week I returned to trade, but I never saw them again for the whole weekend. Then, 2 weeks ago I saw all the traders again. I once again flew away to get more items and came back the next week to see the traders missing again. I don't mess with my Dsi's time, and I've never never hacked any of my DSi games. Help??

2)Should my Lv 54 Samurott learn Retaliate or stay with Revenge? It's moveset is Aqua Jet (gonna change it as soon as I get the Waterfall HM), Razor Shell, X-Scissor, & Revenge/Retaliate. I'm not really for changing any of the other moves. Thanks in advance! :)

No I've installed Flash again and reset my pc :/ Anyone got any other ideas?

Hey everyone! I have 2 questions/issues:

1)does anyone know why the traders in Anville Town disappear every week? I saw them one Saturday in April (the 1st time I went to Anville Town) and left the town to get the required items. The next week I returned to trade, but I never saw them again for the whole weekend. Then, 2 weeks ago I saw all the traders again. I once again flew away to get more items and came back the next week to see the traders missing again. I don't mess with my Dsi's time, and I've never never hacked any of my DSi games. Help??

2)Should my Lv 54 Samurott learn Retaliate or stay with Revenge? It's moveset is Aqua Jet (gonna change it as soon as I get the Waterfall HM), Razor Shell, X-Scissor, & Revenge/Retaliate. I'm not really for changing any of the other moves. Thanks in advance! :)

The traders only come at weekends :)

My Samurott has Slash, Megahorn Surf and Revenge. IMO Revenge over Retaliate, but its up to you :)

I want a Grass type for my team. Should I get Sewaddle or Petilil? I'm in Pinwheel Forest at the moment.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom