• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I submitted twice, once before I turned 18, and one after. So that is why the age is different for each.

Reply back to confirm submission was sent (I never trust forms)

Um, if this is what you wanted...your second form was received.

As was the first I assume. Thanks for replying, and might I say this notifications for quoted message is really nice.

Repeating what I said in a separate announcement :

Due to the high popularity of our recent moderator application form, we'll stop taking applications for the current moderator drive at midnight Tuesday, Eastern standard time (GMT -5). (That's the midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday, not the one between Monday and Tuesday)

(This should mean around or a little past noon Wednesday if you're in Japan, Korea or Australia; early morning Wednesday in Europe and the Middle East, evening Tuesday in the western United States and Canada, etc).

We will decide who to appoint and send the invites over the course of the following few days, and formally announce our new crop of provisional moderators afterward.

(we're already getting swamped in applications - well over 200 at last count, and still going up)

Your application for the Shipper's Paradise has been received.

Hrrm I would like to apply but lol this is my first post so I don't think I would be suitable lol I love pokemon forums and this seems good i'm staying here :D

We have no set ratio or anything.

Oh, I'm getting antsy waiting so I'll try and do at least one more application. Probably this Thursday, unless it ends before then :x

Good luck to everyone applying! And, no, I'm not gonna ask whether mine was submitted... dammit. :p

Im just curious :D
how are you going to choose the new mods?

Out of a hat

I think there are things you look for whenever you have to choose a teammate--contributions, attitude, activity, etc... And this is no exception to that, I don't believe =)

Out of a hat

I think there are things you look for whenever you have to choose a teammate--contributions, attitude, activity, etc... And this is no exception to that, I don't believe =)
Aww man... I have even less confidence now. I haven't really contributed at all...

Do the moderators of the section simply review the applications to their section or do all moderators get a vote on all forms?

Oh, I'm getting antsy waiting so I'll try and do at least one more application. Probably this Thursday, unless it ends before then :x

Good luck to everyone applying! And, no, I'm not gonna ask whether mine was submitted... dammit. :p
Believe it ends early Wednesday for you.

Do the moderators of the section simply review the applications to their section or do all moderators get a vote on all forms?

We all are allowed to give our views.

There's actually a guide in my blog that I wrote that should explain what it is we're looking for in a moderator.

We all are allowed to give our views.

There's actually a guide in my blog that I wrote that should explain what it is we're looking for in a moderator.
So does that mean you mods can say : "I like such and such, they should be a mod?" and say why. I might have to go read that again. The process is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom