• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3DS eS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3DS eShop launch

Pokédex 3D, featuring all of the new Pokémon from the recent Pokémon Black and White games, will allow users to look up information about more than 150 Pokémon and their moves, all for free. It will make use of SpotPass and Augmented Reality.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

This is amazing! I can't wait to hear more about this!

Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

So that's why they went after all the fan-made apps!

I'm guessing this is the "new game" that was reported just a while ago.

Ooh I wonder if there will be 3D models of the Pokemon in their entries...maybe it'll be worth getting a 3DS after all.

Ooh I wonder if there will be 3D models of the Pokemon in their entries...maybe it'll be worth getting a 3DS after all.

Yes. Augmented Reality is basically a feature that brings a piece of software to life, so the 3D models of the Pokemon will be presented on screen as if it were in the scenery that the 3Ds's camera is facing.

Yes. Augmented Reality is basically a feature that brings a piece of software to life, so the 3D models of the Pokemon will be presented on screen as if it were in the scenery that the 3Ds's camera is facing.

That...is so badass. I MUST HAVE ONE!

Now I'm wishing that I spent my last $20 trying to win a 3DS at the arcade I was at. -_-

I don't have a 3DS (Also:Why can't they make it include your B/W dex if you have the game in while using it), but something about this intrests me.

They would NOT make 152/153 (if Victini is in) models (that may have some idle animation) for a free program. I think we can say the models were taken from a 3D gen 5 game.

Lame that they don't just give you all the released Pokémon's data :/

Hopefully any Gen VI Pokémon game would be able to communicate with it and add data to it based on whether it had been seen in the game or not, and also for the app to give data to the game based on whether it had the data.

I just want to say that I called this. You didn't see me call it (it was in an email discussion with the dev of the PokéDroid app, I hadn't finished the Bulbanews editorial where I was going to bring it up in public yet), but I did. ^^;

So awesome. I can't wait to see this in action. But I'll most likely still be using Bulbapedia as its got a whole bunch more details. (suckup.jpg)

Yay! I'm so glad I have a 3DS!

I can't wait for this Pokedex app to come out. It sounds awesome!! =D

Wish This Would Come To DSi

Wish This Would Come To DSi
DSi could not handle it (3DS has completely new and more powerful hardware).

DSi could not handle it (3DS has completely new and more powerful hardware).

I Mean An APP like it But without the AR card+FULL 3D

I Mean An APP like it But without the AR card+FULL 3D

So a Bulbapedia bookmark on the internet browser?

Just three words:

Best. Idea. Ever!

Plus, seeing as its free, there will be no excuse if you haven't downloaded it.

Just three words:

Best. Idea. Ever!

Plus, seeing as its free, there will be no excuse if you haven't downloaded it.

It's Have An Excuse
1.You Don't Have A 3DS
2.You Got No Wifi For DS
3.You Don't Know The Password For The Internet
4.You got a R4 for 3DS and don't want to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom