• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is there a limit to how many pokémon in total you can transfer from the Dream World to your game? I have heard that you can only transfer fifty in total from Dream World to game.

Is there a limit to how many pokémon in total you can transfer from the Dream World to your game? I have heard that you can only transfer fifty in total from Dream World to game.

That is correct, and you can only transfer one per twenty four hours.

here is a good explanation from @bluesun
By the way, I think I finally have some confirmation that the '50' limit is just a misunderstanding.
These two parts were found in the Pocket Monsters Black White Official Guide Wireless Play Special Secrets Book:

"The Entree Forest is the six Blocks of the 'Forest Clearing' connected to the forest entrance, and the one Block 'Deepest Clearing' on ahead, with one Block holding a maximum of 20 Pokémon. If there are too many Pokémon in the Forest Clearing, the number of Forest Clearing will expand. So if you leave your Pokémon befriended on PDW uncaught, the forest will continue to grow."
"Times you cannot go to the Island of Dreams" "(2) When there are already 50 Pokémon 'to be transferred' on the Friend Board."

As such, there is a 50-limit, but it only applies to the 'to be transferred' side, not the 'already transferred' one. The forest growing is also interesting to note.

What if two Gengar's, timid nature, 31 IVs in speed, same level and none held item battled against each other; who would go first? (example)

Both use shadow ball.

Either the computer has a built-in preference for such an instance or the pokemon that goes first is selected by an RNG.

What if two Gengar's, timid nature, 31 IVs in speed, same level and none held item battled against each other; who would go first? (example)
The one with more Speed EVs.

I kid, I kid. Pretty sure that in a perfect match of Speed, it's a simple coin toss.

Does Flame Body stack with Hatching Power when hatching eggs?

Does Flame Body stack with Hatching Power when hatching eggs?
Nope.. Having 5 or less Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party is equivalent to 1 Flame Body/Magma Armor's effect..

I have a "This Pokemon has outstanding stats" Eevee that I soft-resetted for on Pearl years ago. I transferred it to my Black around April, and would like to breed it to get all the Eeveelutions when I feel like it, but sadly it's a male and I'm afraid my Ditto might screw the offspring's stats since I never bothered to get the Power Bands and the bastard has shitty stats anyway. Should I repeatedly catch Dittos with good stats to breed with, or should I just go for it straight away?

(I'd go on DW but GODDAMN it takes a long time to SR for good stats with Dream Pokemon >_>)

I have a "This Pokemon has outstanding stats" Eevee that I soft-resetted for on Pearl years ago. I transferred it to my Black around April, and would like to breed it to get all the Eeveelutions when I feel like it, but sadly it's a male and I'm afraid my Ditto might screw the offspring's stats since I never bothered to get the Power Bands and the bastard has shitty stats anyway. Should I repeatedly catch Dittos with good stats to breed with, or should I just go for it straight away?

(I'd go on DW but GODDAMN it takes a long time to SR for good stats with Dream Pokemon >_>)
I always thought that getting Dittos is pretty useful, since you will be able to fixed any stat with max iv (with power items of course) and you will probably have all the important natures on the offspring, after the hard work that is.. Another choice is that you can just keep breeding with Ditto, then swap your Ditto with a female offspring with better overall stat.. For example, swap your Ditto with "above average" stat female eevee.. Then "Superior" stat.. Eventually you will get outstanding stat with a better rate.. And since you are breeding with the same species, they will produce eggs faster than you use Ditto.. :) Hope this helps..

Alright, I'll try the second option when I have the time, as going through the tiresome process of catching Dittos over and over and flying back to the Subway guy sounds like the last thing I want.

Dammit, why does everything good have to have a 1:6 gender ratio...

Ok quick question. So I've been playing XD: Gale of Darkness, and was wondering if they differentiate between physical and special attacks. I don't see anything noted on the moves, so I'm wondering if it's just implied, or are they just using one attack stat with some sort of averge between attack and sp. attack?

Ok quick question. So I've been playing XD: Gale of Darkness, and was wondering if they differentiate between physical and special attacks. I don't see anything noted on the moves, so I'm wondering if it's just implied, or are they just using one attack stat with some sort of averge between attack and sp. attack?
All games before Diamond and Pearl, which includes XD, the type of the move determined if the move was Physical or Special. Most of the time the moves haven't swapped to the other Physical or Special. Physical move - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia and Special move - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There are still physical and special moves, but they aren't separated by move but rather by type. For example, all normal moves are physical, and all psychic moves special.

There are still physical and special moves, but they aren't separated by move but rather by type. For example, all normal moves are physical, and all psychic moves special.

Ah ok. I thought they had they special/physical markers on moves for much longer than they did, but I guess not. Thanks!

Ah ok. I thought they had they special/physical markers on moves for much longer than they did, but I guess not. Thanks!

No, the physical-special split only happened at Gen IV. (I'm glad they did it too :p)

Bulbapedia said:
In Generation V, a Pokémon's sleep counter is reset to its original amount when switched out; this also applies for self-induced sleep.
What does that mean?

Emerald version rayquaza question

I finally managed to get to the top of spear pillar the other day, and ended up making it faint. So heres my question, will it come back, or will I have get it from ruby or sapphire version?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom