• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

What does that mean?

Whenever a pokemon falls asleep, its sleep counter is set by the move or randomly by the computer -- it's the number of turns until your pokemon wakes up.

When you switch it out, that number goes back to what it was at the maximum.

What does that mean?
When a Pokémon falls asleep, the game randomly decides how many turns it will sleep for, and sets this number in stone. So if the game decides it will sleep for three turns, it will without a doubt sleep for three turns and awaken on the fourth. However, if the Pokémon sleeps for two turns, and is then switched out, when it's switched back in again its sleep counter will be set to 3 again, so it must sleep through all three turns in a row without switching out in order to wake up.

Whenever a pokemon falls asleep, its sleep counter is set by the move or randomly by the computer -- it's the number of turns until your pokemon wakes up.

When you switch it out, that number goes back to what it was at the maximum.

No offence, but I like Neo's one better :)

When a Pokémon falls asleep, the game randomly decides how many turns it will sleep for, and sets this number in stone. So if the game decides it will sleep for three turns, it will without a doubt sleep for three turns and awaken on the fourth. However, if the Pokémon sleeps for two turns, and is then switched out, when it's switched back in again its sleep counter will be set to 3 again, so it must sleep through all three turns in a row without switching out in order to wake up.
So it will make sleep status longer, shorter, or either way? (Sorry if I misread your example)

Re: Emerald version rayquaza question

I finally managed to get to the top of spear pillar the other day, and ended up making it faint. So heres my question, will it come back, or will I have get it from ruby or sapphire version?

Did you save before the battle? If you make it faint just turn off the game and load it before the battle.

Is it possible to find the Leppa Berry in the Dream World? If so, where is it and/or how many points are needed to obtain it?

If I can find a Leppa and a Charti, I'll have all the berries available in the DW. That is, if Leppa is in the DW to begin with, hence my question.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Or even if you saved at any point before the battle, reload the game and get back up there, and it'll still be there. If you saved it, you're SOL.

Emerald was the revised remake, and as such contains plenty of stuff not in either Ruby or Sapphire, as well as the ability to catch both Groudon *and* Kyogre (the Pokémon on Ruby and Sapphire's boxarts). In Ruby and Sapphire for example you can only catch Hoenn Pokémon, and can't even view the National Pokédex without trading with FRLG. In Emerald, you can catch quite a few non-Hoenn Pokémon, and even get just handed the National Pokédex. Emerald also uses other graphical and technical upgrades in the time since RS and it.
So yeah, plenty of reason to lean towards the third version of any trio. ^^;

Actually, you can catch plenty of non-Hoenn pokemon in Ruby & Sapphire.
For example: Machop, Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, Skarmory, Magikarp, Gyarados, Marill, Azumarrill, Pikachu, Oddish, Natu, Abra, Dodou, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Goldeen, Psyduck, Pinsir, Rhyhorn, Heracross, Phanpy, Tentacool.

God dammit, no I didn't, and I have a good four days worth of data on it.

Can someone explain to me how AR markers work on the 3D Pokedex and how you get them.

do cheren and N appear again after the event at N's castle?
also, can you find looker again after arresting all the sages?

do cheren and N appear again after the event at N's castle?
also, can you find looker again after arresting all the sages?
No, you will not be able to see N again after the event.. But you can still battle with your two rivals, Cheren and Belle..

You can't find Looker as well, he only appears in events where you found the sages.. I don't see any point meeting him as well.. Lol..

Is it possible to find the Leppa Berry in the Dream World? If so, where is it and/or how many points are needed to obtain it?

If I can find a Leppa and a Charti, I'll have all the berries available in the DW. That is, if Leppa is in the DW to begin with, hence my question.
If the Ice Cream table is taken to be true, the Leppa and Charti Berries are in game. I haven't seen them either.

Can someone explain to me how AR markers work on the 3D Pokedex and how you get them.
AR Markers are basicly a funky glyph that the camrea see and the software sticks your Pokemon on it.

Here's my question.. Is it possible to obtain DW Sneasel now? Or is it still unavailable?

Is it possible to find the Leppa Berry in the Dream World?
Nope, sorry.

You're supposed to click on the icon to expand the AR marker on your 3DS's lower screen, then somebody else points their 3DS's camera at it, causing the Pokémon to emerge. Alternatively you can display it on any other screen like a computer screen, a tablet, a phone, etc. or you can print it out or even draw it by hand. As long as the contrast is high enough, it will work.

You get one sticker for making a Pokémon emerge, and another one for taking a photo of it. You can use several AR markers at the same time and get multiple stickers with single photos.

Ok,so I go looking for dittos and I see a raquaza niknamed ditto!Can someone explain this?

Ok,so I go looking for dittos and I see a raquaza niknamed ditto!Can someone explain this?
Do you mean you are "looking" in the GTS or real hunt? (o_O ) If it's GTS, then it's just a common error there.. If it's in-game "looking" then..

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom