• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I'm debating a 4th move for my Blastoise,

Currently, he knows Surf, Hydro Cannon and Ice Beam. I can't decide on Flash Cannon or Earthquake for the 4th move. Thoughts?

Hay im new here and i just bought black after not playing since gold / silver days.

Any way i was looking at the online vids on pokemon black and people are uses legendarys in some of the vids and i would like to know how and were i can do this!

Hay im new here and i just bought black after not playing since gold / silver days.

Any way i was looking at the online vids on pokemon black and people are uses legendarys in some of the vids and i would like to know how and were i can do this!

Do you mean catching the legendaries? Kyurem is in the Giant Chasm, Landorus is at Abundant Shrine, Terrakion is pretty much inside of Victory Road, Virizion is pretty much inside of Pinwheel Forest, Cobalion is pretty much inside of Mistralton Cave, and Reshiram you catch at N's castle.

No i already have them when i mean is i have watched battle videos curiously when i was uploding my own and noticed battles with players using legendarys like mew and lugia ect and wondering how?

pokeballs switch?

in black/white is it possible to put a pokemon you've already got into a different ball?

I like the way ultra/great balls look and want to store my starter and other favorite pokemon in them.

Last edited:
Re: pokeballs switch?

in black/white is it possible to put a pokemon you've already got into a different ball?

I like the way ultra/great balls look and want to store my starter and other favorite pokemon in them.
Well it is possible if you use an cheating device like Action Replay, they codes can be found here.

But I don't know if you want to do that.

No i already have them when i mean is i have watched battle videos curiously when i was uploding my own and noticed battles with players using legendarys like mew and lugia ect and wondering how?

It obviously wasn't a competitive battle, but just a casual battle.

Those legendaries were obtained through events or through the Gen IV games.

What's with the sudden level spike? During the whole N Castle scenario, the Pokemon were like, level 45 - 50. Then, all of a sudden, I'm fighting level 65 Pokemon. Is that meant to happen? Are my Pokemon under-leveled? Or am I traveling in the wrong order?

Thats just what the levels are like post game.

Thanks for the fast answer. I manage to push my way through, but I have to run to the Pokemon Center between every battle. I'm usually able to make the whole route without needed to go to the PC. Oh well, I'll just use my Lucky Egg to rack up some extra experience points.

Thanks again!

I got a japanese Ditto and an english Deino, and as I understand, if I put an everstone on the Ditto it doesn't work. But will it work if I put it on the Deino?

I got a japanese Ditto and an english Deino, and as I understand, if I put an everstone on the Ditto it doesn't work. But will it work if I put it on the Deino?

Yes, in Gen V, the Everstone works for both Males and Females, but not Ditto.

Yes, in Gen V, the Everstone works for both Males and Females, but not Ditto.

Doesn't it work on a non-foreign Ditto? Japanese Ditto - Male English Deino with Everstone. Because the Ditto is japanese, I wonder if it might work this way instead, because it doesn't work on the ditto. Hopefully it will....

Doesn't it work on a non-foreign Ditto? Japanese Ditto - Male English Deino with Everstone. Because the Ditto is japanese, I wonder if it might work this way instead, because it doesn't work on the ditto. Hopefully it will....

I haven't heard anything about it not working on dittos but I've read plenty about the issue with international parents and the everstone no longer exists and they can be used.

It dosent work on any Ditto.

From Bulbapedia:
"If held in the Pokémon Day Care by a female Pokémon or Ditto, Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder.EDPPt
If held in the Pokémon Day Care by either parent[1], Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder." It also says, when having the mouse over "female Pokémon or Ditto" and "either parent": In Gen IV, does not work if the parent comes from a game in different language.

That's gen IV, but I found it doesn't work in gen V either. But the thing I'm asking for is, I have two parents. An japanese Ditto and an english Deino, my games are english, therefore the Ditto is foreign and it will not work if I have the everstone on the Ditto. However, will it work if Deino have the everstone even though the fact that the other parent is foreign?

From Bulbapedia:
"If held in the Pokémon Day Care by a female Pokémon or Ditto, Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder.EDPPt
If held in the Pokémon Day Care by either parent[1], Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder." It also says, when having the mouse over "female Pokémon or Ditto" and "either parent": In Gen IV, does not work if the parent comes from a game in different language.

That's gen IV, but I found it doesn't work in gen V either. But the thing I'm asking for is, I have two parents. An japanese Ditto and an english Deino, my games are english, therefore the Ditto is foreign and it will not work if I have the everstone on the Ditto. However, will it work if Deino have the everstone even though the fact that the other parent is foreign?

From the Bulbapedia article on Natures:
From Emerald onwards, a Ditto or a female Pokémon that holds an Everstone has a 50% chance of passing its nature to its offspring when at the Pokémon daycare. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver, male Pokémon can also pass on their nature with an Everstone. In Generation IV, parents could only pass natures to their offspring if both Pokémon and the Trainer all come from a game in the same language; however, this is no longer the case as of Black and White.
From what that says, yes it'll work if you attach the Everstone to either the Deino or Ditto
Edit: Th

Last edited:

From what that says, yes it'll work if you attach the Everstone to either the Deino or Ditto

Bah, it didn't work out for me... But I'm RNGing so I might have done something wrong there... Hm, well. Thanks for the answers, I'll see if everstone on Deino works better.

Edit: And it works! I'm forever happy. <3 (Well, at least for some hours, haha!)

Last edited:

Can Belly Drum stack with Zen Mode? As in, if you use belly drum to max out Darmanitan's attack and "almost" activate Zen Mode (activates < half HP), will its Special Attack become maxed out instead?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom