• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If they didn't end up with Ash who would they end up with?

Maya Oak

Reaction score
Like if May didn't get together with Ash, I think she probably would have ended up with Drew.

Misty didn't end up with Ash I think she would get together with Gary or Tracey [I'm not a big Tracey fan though].

May I think would fall for Drew since he did give her those roses. So he at least likes her. She might return those feelings one day for all I know in Johto.

Dawn, well I'm a pearlshipper but she could possibly get together Kenny. They have the whole same goal in mind.

Iris... well to be honest I haven't watched much with Iris yet. Maybe 2 or 3.... I recently got back into pokemon so I have like 12 seasons to watch. She might go with Cilan.

So your thoughts???

Last edited:
Misty is already implied to be in a close friendship with Tracey. The specials basically hit us over the head with it.

Dawn and Brock?....

Well, that'd be randomXD They hardly had a friendship in the D/P as it was. I ship Pearlshipping the most, I'd say its possible she'd end up with Barry since she pretty much turned down Kenny *Don't count the dub, they did that scene horrible*

Misty, I'd say Tracey is the clear choice as like Scott said were pretty close, heck even when Ash visited they were together most of the time.

May, I'm going with Drew on this one.

Iris hmm Don't know yet, haven't been introduced to any one and I really can't see her with Dento for reasons I won't say.

May blatantly would be with Drew, didn't she go off to Johto just to follow him? Dawn would be with Kenny probably just because the fact that Kenny liked Dawn was undeniable, you could deny Dawn liked Kenny but, Kenny definitely liked Dawn. Misty, I really believe had a crush on Ash but, if she wouldn't be with Ash, my best bet is Tracey, Misty x Gary just would never happen, sorry egoshippers. (I still think Ash x Misty is more likely than orangeshipping but, that's not with this thread is about.) There are like no orangeshipping hints I don't get it but, if she'd end up with anyone, aside from Ash, it would definitely be Tracey. Egoshipping....just no. Oh, and Iris...I don't know, maybe there'll be a character that she has a crush on later on but, if she doesn't I don't know Dento's my best bet, Trip maybe? Maybe there'll be Trip x Iris hints later on idk????

Im not much of shipper but if they didnt end up with Ash i suppose it would go this way:
-May would end up with Drew judging by that hints which implied certain romance between them in AG aside from rivalry.Granted initiative was mostly started with Drew being one sided but still things can change.

-Misty would most likely end up alone because aside from romantic affection she showed toward Ash i never saw anything which would imply something more than friendship in her relationship with Tracey and especially not Gary.Some could say Georgio might have chance but we all know how that went.Sad ending but sometimes people cant get what they want,like finding love for example.

-Dawn would probably end up with Kenny in case she ever returns feeling he holds for her.Judging by some DP episodes you could tell he really cared for Dawn.

-Iris meh i have no idea.It passed too little with not much material being given to form some judgment about her.,Because of lack of info i will have to stay restrained on this subject.

Misty is already implied to be in a close friendship with Tracey. The specials basically hit us over the head with it.

Well thats pretty normal considering how Pallet is not far from Cerulean with both having time to hang around as friends more.

Interesting thing which dub edited out happened in "A Date with Delcatty"when Misty was asked to go on date with Georgio with Misty saying how she cant because there is someone else.Its debatable who she meant with this but it seems many people say how this was Ash she talked about because of past and how quickly after that she went to Hoenn to visit him and when he returned to Pallet.

However like i said thats debatable.

Last edited:
I've gotta agree that Contest/Orangeshipping would be the most logical choices. ...Though I'd rather May hook up with Robert and Misty go back to Rudy, but that's the shipper in me bursting though.

As for Dawn... I wanna see Conway win her over. Like, badly. Geeks should win sometimes too.

I really have no idea for Iris. I can't see her with anyone right now.

Misty, my favorite girl! If she didn't get with Ash, I think she'd be good with Brock. Brock could calm her down if she ever got too riled up but she's also have to do the same for him. Dragging him away from other girls would be annoying, but maybe a little jealousy would spark even more!

May and Drew, just duh

Dawn and... no one >.> She's just very un-shippable in my opinion. Maybe she's just not ready for a relationship. Either that or she's after Zoey.

May She would most likely end with Drew. I don't feel the need to further explain it as it's just so obvious.

Misty She would obviously end up with Tracey. Elaboration?
I think one of few reasons for the introduction of Tracey could be to pair him with Misty, provided that in future Misty doesn't get Ash. I don't see Ego/Gym/Handymanshipping having a brighter chance of happening than OS. Daisy may not be able to appear in the show again and to be honest I don't see any valid reason for her to appear again in the show. Hints of OS cannot be compared with PS, but IMO they are definately stronger than HMS. It's more evident in the original Japanese subbed version throughout the chronicles.

Iris I'm not in a postion to hold an opinion about her since I've only watched 2 episodes of BW. I guess she'd end up with Cilan.

Dawn She is most likely to end up with Gary. Majority of shippers here would disagree with me. But, IMO hints of CS(Cavaliershipping) in those 2 episodes are good enough to indicate that this can become big in future. Dawn fangirling over Gary and acting so weird around him was just soo cute. As of now, I havn't seen a single hint that reciprocates Kenny's crush on Dawn from Dawn's side. Dawn and Paul hardly interact. Also, I think as long as this show goes on the characters like Prof. Oak, Ash's mom, Tracey and Gary(all belonging to Pallet town) would continue to make appearances, Whereas the same is doubtful about the characters like Kenny, Paul, Conway and Barry as they being minor characters and have no relation with storyline anymore may not appear ever again in the show. In my defence I would like to give examples of minor characters like Richie, Todd Snap, Casey and few more who don't appear now. These are the things IMO that could ultimately help CS in the long run, despite the lack of hints at the moment.

May- She would definitely end up with Drew.

Misty- Honestly, I don’t see Misty hooking up with anyone we’ve seen. But if she did..Brock. I just see Tracey and Misty as being good friends. However, although I don’t expect to see it on-screen, now that Brocks returned to Kanto to work at becoming a Pokemon Doctor, I can see him and Misty meeting up again and growing closer.

Dawn- Dawn’s harder to decide on. I don’t see Dawn and Kenny (as may stem from my dislike of that ship at all.) In all honesty…either Barry or Gary. (oh look Dawn, I wrote a poem.) They both seem like the types of guys that could fall for her/she could fall for.

Misty belongs with no-one but Tracey. >( It's the only way i can stand that loud annoying gym leader.

May HAS to end up with Ash though. D8; I really hate ContestShipping...uh...May can go with Brendan. -bricked-

Dawn, she has to go with Ash too. D8; But I really like Zoey/Dawn, so I guess that can work out. It's a cute pair.

And Iris, it's too soon, so I don't know who she'll end up with. Just not with Cilan, though. D8; Ew.

Misty would end up with Paul.

Dawn should end up with Conway or Zoey I'm not cheering for Kenny because he listened to Brock advice which screw me over. **** you Brock.

May's "rivalry" with Drew was just them flirting which angered me as a kid, so they better end up together if I had to watch all those scenes!

Gary would end up with...I don't know maybe Ritchie or Zoey. Redvine and Rivalshipping

Barry would end up with Ursala. What is that called? Found it Boastshipping

Ritchie would end up with Casey

Zoey would end up with Gary, Dawn or Candice

Brock would end up with Holly.

Last edited:
At this point, I would say Misty has become closer friends with Tracey than with Ash/Brock. Why? She was only traveling with Ash/Brock for a short time, yet Tracey apparently visits the Cerulean Gym almost every day as seen in the specials. Misty's also now been at the Gym longer than she was traveling.

Likewise, we know Ash is never going to stop traveling and keep going on endless adventures, so Misty already has a "gentlemen" within the vicinity.

I think the Misty/Tracey pairing is more likely now.

At this point, I would say Misty has become closer friends with Tracey than with Ash/Brock. Why? She was only traveling with Ash/Brock for a short time, yet Tracey apparently visits the Cerulean Gym almost every day as seen in the specials. Misty's also now been at the Gym longer than she was traveling.

Likewise, we know Ash is never going to stop traveling and keep going on endless adventures, so Misty already has a "gentlemen" within the vicinity.

I think the Misty/Tracey pairing is more likely now.

They've never shown any signs of liking each other though. In the past when it's been implied that Ash and Misty are BF and GF they both get angry and defensive, sometimes blushing with embarrassment.
When Tracey and Misty have been put in the same situation, neither seems phased. Like it doesn't threaten any part of them that could secretly feel that way.
I like Tracey but I think he's too bland for someone with a personality like hers. Then again, I suppose you could say that he keeps her grounded or whatever.

Still if Ash was taken out of the equation with all three females, I'd say...

Misty - Tracey (Although I'd prefer Gary because he's feistier, but there's no evidence to support that shipping)

May - Drew

Dawn - Kenny

I hope Iris gets a legitimate shipping at some point. The Iris and Dent thing Is stupid and the Ash and Irish thing is still very early developed.
I might like Trip if he decides to show interest in her.

Easy elimination

Misty gets together with Rudy at some point

May obviously gets together with Drew since they like each other

Dawn will probably give into Conways type of infatuation

Brock will get together with many women

Iris will probably get together with her Haxorus [LMAO how would that work]

Little late for reply but.

They've never shown any signs of liking each other though. In the past when it's been implied that Ash and Misty are BF and GF they both get angry and defensive, sometimes blushing with embarrassment.
When Tracey and Misty have been put in the same situation, neither seems phased. Like it doesn't threaten any part of them that could secretly feel that way.
I like Tracey but I think he's too bland for someone with a personality like hers. Then again, I suppose you could say that he keeps her grounded or whatever.

Agreed.When traveling with Ash and Brock Misty established closer bond with her friends viewing them like family.You could tell by amount of care they had for each other with Misty and Ash starting to open more toward each other overcoming their differences how strong friends they became.Same with Brock,those two had many memorable interactions sharing some things in common with Misty often supporting him when having conversations about love and girls along with making sure to get him out of trouble. This can also be noticed when she had to leave group after years of traveling with her friends being visibly upset about this.

Of course Misty and Tracey became closer friends in chronicles having more time to better know each other but to be honest they never showed amount of bonding and strong emotional connection which Misty showed to have with Ash and Brock.,No real signs of romantic affection was present either with Misty being pretty indifferent toward Tracey in love aspect.Way in which those two were portrayed made it seem like they are just two good friends who support themselves.
Especially when i look back and notice how blunt Misty used to be when Ash was in question being very clear in what she felt for him in original series.

Sure there was that one hint in "Date with Delcatty"when she stated how "there is someone else"when Georgio asked her out but person in question she talked about could be both Tracey and Ash.Aside from that there wasnt anything else present unless you count that lure she gave to Ash which was more sign of friendship than any thing else in my opinion.Judging by past and lack of any real hints for these two i have to say im leaning more toward "Ash being in question"in that episode answer.

However to add on my previous answer:
If Misty doesnt end up with Ash i could see her perhaps ending up with Tracey.For lack of hints right now i dont have any opinion of this but he seems like nice guy and Misty gets along with him well which could serve as foundation for something bigger growing between them later on.
If that doesnt happen than im sorry to say but i dont see Misty ending up with anyone.

With Iris its much harder though.So far i didnt notice any sign from her of having interest for anyone in that sense along with noone else even remotely feeling something for her either.
If i would have to really choose i would say Trip being my wild and random guess.

Misty : I don't know... she's kinda unpredictable LOL Still, the most possible guy would be Tracey since his Marill gave an offspring, Azurill, and Misty keeps it.

May : If only considering the anime, it would be definitely Drew. Though I'm not really satisfied with this, since she is the anime counterpart of Sapphire, and Sapphire belongs to RUBY!

Dawn : I'm a huge fan of Paul x Dawn, but in reality, they won't really match... Dawn might end up with Barry, I guess. I didn't really like Kenny LOL

Iris : I don't know much about her. LOL

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom