• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I battled cynthia for the first time today and for some reason it says something like "(pokemon) gained a boosted exp of ____" after I defeat one of her pokemon, even though only two of my pokemon were holding lucky eggs. How come my other pokemon got boosted exp as well?

Did the Pokemon have a different Trainer ID? That could be why.
oh right I had some traded/poketransfered pokemon in my party, I forgot traded pokemon gain more exp

Hey there,
I'm new to IV breeding, but I've just started experimenting with Spiritomb as practice. I really want to beat the Battle Subway (get me that extra Card upgrade!). I'm not sure if I'm doing it right... can I get someone who's REALLY experienced to help me out here pretty please?
Basically, I've bred about 18 Spiritomb so far (released most of 'em). I've been nicknaming them "S1", "S2", "S3", etc. to avoid mixing them up, and once I've checked their IVs in the Battle Subway, I write down the details in my notepad and breed on from there. Between breeding I've been checking IVs through that Battle Subway guy and the best I've got so far is:
"Spiritomb12" OVERALL IVs 150-186. IVs of 31 in Speed and Def.
"Spiritomb13" OVERALL IVs 121-150. IVs of 26-30 in HP, Def, and Sp Atk

I want an offspring Spiritomb to inherit the Sp Atk and Speed IVs so I gave the relative Power Items to 'S12' and 'S13.' When that happens, I breed about 10 eggs, hoping that good IVs will be inherited in the next generation of Spiritomb and just continue on from there, hoping that I'll get better Spiritomb each time...
Now... am I doing this right? Or have I got the methodology totally upside down and inside out? It feels like I'm not doing something right.

I think you're doing everything right,but since I don't breed like that,let's leave the benifet of the doubt.(I forgot the quote)
Remember my post on how the eveelution event wasn't working for me in the previous one?Well here's one of the anwsers:

"Hello again Trainer!

We apologize for the extended wait on your Eevee Evolution.

We anticipate reviewing and investigating the first batch of requests by June 17th. Successful investigations and those confirmed to have completed the promotion in its entirety should be able to receive their Pokémon by approximately June 22nd. We will try to update you as soon as possible with any further details.

Thank you very much for your patience thus far, and again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,

Pokémon Support Team"

-Pokemon Support
I need someone to translate it into simpler words,too.Who will help?

I think you're doing everything right,but since I don't breed like that,let's leave the benifet of the doubt.(I forgot the quote)
Remember my post on how the eveelution event wasn't working for me in the previous one?Well here's one of the anwsers:

"Hello again Trainer!

We apologize for the extended wait on your Eevee Evolution.

We anticipate reviewing and investigating the first batch of requests by June 17th. Successful investigations and those confirmed to have completed the promotion in its entirety should be able to receive their Pokémon by approximately June 22nd. We will try to update you as soon as possible with any further details.

Thank you very much for your patience thus far, and again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,

Pokémon Support Team"

-Pokemon Support
I need someone to translate it into simpler words,too.Who will help?

They'll start looking at the first group of complaints about it not working tomorrow and then hopefully get their Eevee by the 22nd.

Hey there,
I'm new to IV breeding, but I've just started experimenting with Spiritomb as practice. I really want to beat the Battle Subway (get me that extra Card upgrade!). I'm not sure if I'm doing it right... can I get someone who's REALLY experienced to help me out here pretty please?
Basically, I've bred about 18 Spiritomb so far (released most of 'em). I've been nicknaming them "S1", "S2", "S3", etc. to avoid mixing them up, and once I've checked their IVs in the Battle Subway, I write down the details in my notepad and breed on from there. Between breeding I've been checking IVs through that Battle Subway guy and the best I've got so far is:
"Spiritomb12" OVERALL IVs 150-186. IVs of 31 in Speed and Def.
"Spiritomb13" OVERALL IVs 121-150. IVs of 26-30 in HP, Def, and Sp Atk

I want an offspring Spiritomb to inherit the Sp Atk and Speed IVs so I gave the relative Power Items to 'S12' and 'S13.' When that happens, I breed about 10 eggs, hoping that good IVs will be inherited in the next generation of Spiritomb and just continue on from there, hoping that I'll get better Spiritomb each time...
Now... am I doing this right? Or have I got the methodology totally upside down and inside out? It feels like I'm not doing something right.

You're doing it right. Only one power item will work though, not sure which one it is if you have it on both parents. So basically your offspring will always have a 31 IVs in either speed or sp. atk, then it's just hoping for luck that the other one it get 31 IVs in is speed, as you desire.

Also, three IVs are the max possibility to be passed down to the offspring, but it could also be none, one or two. But maybe you already knew that.

(Also, I wouldn't aim for 31 IVs in speed for a Spiritomb, since it speed already is doomed. But that might just be me, and it wasn't what you were asking for either, ehehe!)

Good luck with your breeding. =)

Edit: My question;

How does everstones really work? Does it matter AT ALL if the parent is a ditto? If the parent holding the everstone is foreign, does it work?

Last edited:

Does everstone prevent Happiness evolutions?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I already got all of the other three Moon Stones and used them.

And as it turns out, the Moon Stone in Pokemon Mansion is exclusive to FireRed and LeafGreen.

You're doing it right. Only one power item will work though, not sure which one it is if you have it on both parents. So basically your offspring will always have a 31 IVs in either speed or sp. atk, then it's just hoping for luck that the other one it get 31 IVs in is speed, as you desire.

Also, three IVs are the max possibility to be passed down to the offspring, but it could also be none, one or two. But maybe you already knew that.

(Also, I wouldn't aim for 31 IVs in speed for a Spiritomb, since it speed already is doomed. But that might just be me, and it wasn't what you were asking for either, ehehe!)

Good luck with your breeding. =)

Edit: My question;

How does everstones really work? Does it matter AT ALL if the parent is a ditto? If the parent holding the everstone is foreign, does it work?

Thanks! And yeah, I've just looked at Spiritomb's base stats and Speed is gonna be rubbish even with perfect IVs and maxed EVs. I have the Power Lens on the Spiritomb with the good Sp. Atk, and I had the Power Anklet for the Spiritomb with the good speed. Is there really no point in having BOTH of those items on the parents?

2 questions. 1:Have you heard anything on pokemon grey?

And 2: Do we get the same distributions as other countries? I wanna know if I will ever get the water fighting type.

2) No. You get more distributions than any country not named Japan or South Korea. And Keldeo will almost certainly be released everywhere that gets events, they've never not released a Pokédex-ender before.

Is there really no point in having BOTH of those items on the parents?
I can't find any information that only one stat will be passed down, so I'm a bit unsure now. But I think I've read it is that way that only one power item will work - but I might be wrong! Does ALL your offspring have 31 IVs in sp.atk and speed? Because, then it works with two power items.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In Cinnabar Mansion, there should be two rows of "blocks", as you walk in, one row on either side of you. There is a moon stone hidden in the right row. I think it is in the third or fourth block from the top. This is also in Red, Blue and Yellow.

2 questions. 1:Have you heard anything on pokemon grey?

And 2: Do we get the same distributions as other countries? I wanna know if I will ever get the water fighting type.

1. No, Pokemon Gray/the 3rd game hasnt even been announced.
2. There is almost sure to be a Keldeo distribution worldwide sometime. When is unknown.

Does anyone think Reuniclus is a good Pokemon to train? My team right now is Chandelure, Emboar, Scrafty, Hydreigon, Slowbro, and Beheeyem. Which should I switch out?

Does anyone think Reuniclus is a good Pokemon to train? My team right now is Chandelure, Emboar, Scrafty, Hydreigon, Slowbro, and Beheeyem. Which should I switch out?

Reuniclus is amazing. Great defence as well as Spe. Atk. I have gotten out of a lot of tight spaces due to mine, its really reliable. I would maybe get rid of Scrafty or Hydregion, and either Chandelure or Emboar. Only because the Pokemon are similar typing and you only really need one. But it's up to you :)

Reuniclus is amazing. Great defence as well as Spe. Atk. I have gotten out of a lot of tight spaces due to mine, its really reliable. I would maybe get rid of Scrafty or Hydregion, and either Chandelure or Emboar. Only because the Pokemon are similar typing and you only really need one. But it's up to you :)

Alright, sounds good to me. Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom