• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Ok so, I noticed the numerous MLP:FiM avatars on here for the past few months. I ignored it. But a week ago I decided to look up what this craze is. I researched it, & was shocked at what I found out (4Chan starts everything! xD). So yea, the numerous avatars & the very great animations piqued my curiosity as did my sociological curiosity (being a sociology major), I really just had to see what all the fuss was about. I've only seen 2 episodes (not the 1st 2), which I caught on the HUB this past saturday. I don't hate it, but I don't love it... so far. I plan to watch the show more cuz my curiosity stays piqued everytime I come here xD

You'll probably like it a lot more once you see more than two episodes. Some people watch the first two then drop it... but, as a lot of fans would agree, the first two episodes are pretty meh in comparison to everything afterwards. I see you saw the cutie mark episode, which really was great. Pretty much every episode other than the first two are as good as that one was. ^^

@Meron: Nice! I've only got the brushable Rarity and Rainbow Dash, but I do have all of the McDonald's Friendship is Magic figures and the gift set with Princess Celestia, Spike, Applejack, and Pinkie.

At The Gala. Best song, hands-down. EVER. Beats any Disney song.

Just pointing out that it's a remake of "Ever After" from the musical Into the Woods.

My Little Ponyta said:
Why's that?
Just because most bronies are straight, but it would seem obvious for the community to be gay-ish? IDK exactly, it just feels like it's a very straight male community.

Just because most bronies are straight, but it would seem obvious for the community to be gay-ish? IDK exactly, it just feels like it's a very straight male community.

I hope this isn't some sort of worry about contributing to a stereotype, man! There's no shame in being a gay brony, and anyone who says or thinks otherwise is just an idiot.

I hope this isn't some sort of worry about contributing to a stereotype, man! There's no shame in being a gay brony, and anyone who says or thinks otherwise is just an idiot.
Oh, no worries. xD I just find it kind of ironic that this fandom is probably the "straightest" one I'm in xD

You'll probably like it a lot more once you see more than two episodes. Some people watch the first two then drop it... but, as a lot of fans would agree, the first two episodes are pretty meh in comparison to everything afterwards. I see you saw the cutie mark episode, which really was great. Pretty much every episode other than the first two are as good as that one was. ^^

So I've read xD but I must watch the 1st 2 regardless since they introduce the series xD But I'll bare through it & continue onwards after the 1st 2 as this craze has intrigued me (& the animation is the best I've seen of any new cartoon this decade)

Did that episode include a part which my avatar is a gif of? That episode is called "Call of the Cutie". My avatar is actually a bit different because Apple Bloom was wearing a white belt which I changed to a purple belt. If it isn't it may have been "Stare Master".

I just checked & the ep I did see was "Cutie Mark Chronicles"

EDIT: so I just watched the 1st 5 episodes today... & I'll put it like this, I am now a brony. This show is just simply great. It encompasses elements, albeit some subtle, of Faust's other works, as well as Craig's. The characters have distinct personalities that I know will develop over time. It's entertaining. & dammit, it's effin adorable. It's no wonder critics & the internet alike praise this show. No sociological or psychological explanation can explain this phenomenon that is MLP:FiM; it's just... magical, there I said it. & could go on, but it'd just be redundant. & idk why so many say the 1st 2 eps are "meh" I thought they were good; ep 1 had me wanting more, honestly.

also, fav pony is definitely Twilight Sparkle. socially awkward knowledge pursuers ftw

Last edited:
I just started watching this to see why everyone thinks it's so epic. I really don't know if I like Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy best, and I feel like a complete idiot for being able to say that I spent my entire afternoon watching My Little Pony. And I'm oddly okay with that. :D

Also, I love how I'm female and that makes me part of a minority in a My Little Pony fandom. :p

This is too good not to post. I think Toph being glomped by Pinkie is my favourite part, but Sokka and Rainbow are also pretty funny.

avatar__friendship_is_magic_by_nikohl-d3jo1hx.png

Avatar: Friendship is Magic by ~nikohl on deviantART

So I've read xD but I must watch the 1st 2 regardless since they introduce the series xD But I'll bare through it & continue onwards after the 1st 2 as this craze has intrigued me (& the animation is the best I've seen of any new cartoon this decade)

I just checked & the ep I did see was "Cutie Mark Chronicles"

EDIT: so I just watched the 1st 5 episodes today... & I'll put it like this, I am now a brony. This show is just simply great. It encompasses elements, albeit some subtle, of Faust's other works, as well as Craig's. The characters have distinct personalities that I know will develop over time. It's entertaining. & dammit, it's effin adorable. It's no wonder critics & the internet alike praise this show. No sociological or psychological explanation can explain this phenomenon that is MLP:FiM; it's just... magical, there I said it. & could go on, but it'd just be redundant. & idk why so many say the 1st 2 eps are "meh" I thought they were good; ep 1 had me wanting more, honestly.

also, fav pony is definitely Twilight Sparkle. socially awkward knowledge pursuers ftw

Ok, I watched that episode this afternoon and I been watching them in order of episode number and I'm about to watch the last 2 episodes. After that I will be able to do the survey in the Fan Club properly. It has taken me a week to watch all of them.

EDIT: After watching the final episode "The Best Night Ever" my favourite character is Fluttershy and my favourite episodes are "Applebuck Season", "Bridle Gossip", "Winter Wrap Up", "Feeling Pinkie Keen" and "Owl's Well That Ends Well".

Last edited:
That's a nice collection you have there, Dento. Are you planning on adding more to it?

Probably, yeah. I still need the remaining "brushable" ponies since I only have Rarity and Rainbow Dash at the 'mo. >:

I love the show but I refuse to buy the figures etc. mostly because I don't want evidence of this fandom. Then again a Fluttershy plushy would be nice and I can always say it's a dog toy. Then agaib I'm also broke so..................

You would think there'd be more FiM merchandise available, though. I've looked around online and pretty much everything good I've found is in that picture Dento posted on the last page.

Am I just not looking in the right places?

I was in the car when my dad was listening to the program.

When I heard "Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle" announced, I burst out laughing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom