• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Pkmn Movie

What's your favourite Pokemon film?

• Mewtwo Strikes Back

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • The Power of One

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Spell of the Unown

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Celebi: Voice of the Forest

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Heroes: Latios and Latias

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Jirachi Wish Maker

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Destiny Deoxys

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • The Rise of Darkrai

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Giratina and the Sky Warrior

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Arceus and the Jewel of Life

• Zoroark: Master of Illusions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redyakuza

Xytegenia's finest
Reaction score
Of all the movies released so far, which is your favourite?

I'd like to hear all your thoughts on the good ones and the bad ones so i can decide which film to buy first.

I remember watching Celebi: Voice of the Forest a few years back and i enjoyed that one cos it had a nice eco message :)

The Poll will help me decide as well ^_^

And you can vote for as many as you'd like, so you can click your top 3 etc

Here's a link for anyone who can't remember the names of them and the synopsis to jog your memory :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_(anime)#Movies

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with 'The Power of One'. Simply, because of all the Pokeshipping hints.

I'm gonna move this to Live Caster, as it's a Contest thread.

I like the second movie most - not only do I have fond memories of it, but it has interesting characters and Lugia is awesome. I also like the quest thing going on. Also, the animation is very beautiful. (And Kenji is in it! <3) And this is one of the rare cases where I actually like the dub version. *shot*

thanks Iteru!

i'm gonna listen to Lugia's song right now to remind me :)

edit: just listened to it O_O

wow... <3

Last edited:
I liked destiny Deoxys despite Tory(yes I know he has fans)

I liked destiny Deoxys despite Tory(yes I know he has fans)

LOL, the Deoxys movie was decent besides that ending with those ridiculous block robots.

And yeah, Tory was a terrible character. I know we've seen people have a fear of Pokemon before, but with Tory he felt so boring.

1. Arceus and the Jewel of Life - I rather liked the whole time-traveling bit as well as the deep story and epic trilogy conclusion

2. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Possibly the deepest plot of all movies and not far behind movie 12; epic music

3. The Rise of Darkrai - This one almost topped movie 8 but merely came close to matching what that one had

Last edited:
The Zoroark movie, if only because it made me genuinely upset the first time I saw it when Meema died (even though she got better).
Nothing else in the show has ever done that.

I've only seen the first five, Lucario, and Zororark, so my decision isn't completely informed, but my favourite by far is the first one, both now and when I was younger. It's one of the films that came out when I was a kid that have withstood time in terms of how much I enjoy them.

Giratina and the Sky Warrior. "Giratina's going to eat me!"

I've just discovered shipping. Which film is the best proponent of it?

You should probably start a new thread about that.

You should probably start a new thread about that.

I agree with this, though if the main focus is shipping, than Shipper's Paradise is the best place in my opinion.

apologies :)

i was just trying to highlight it's not just about the poke action that makes an enjoyable film, it's the character development as well. perhaps shipping was the wrong term to use.

Which film has the best interplay between its main protagonists?

For character development, I'd say the best movies would be Pokemon 3 The Movie and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Both of these movies have great stories and there is lots of character interaction. =)

Anyway, here's my favorite Pokemon movies:
1. Pokemon The Movie 2000 - Ash Ketchum is awesome. He's my hero. ^_^ And I really love his lines in this movie. That's all you need to know. ;D
2. Pokemon 3 The Movie - I like the plot of this movie. It's pretty unique, and it makes this movie stand out among the others. And I also like the animation. Seeing Molly's dreamworld come to life is amazing.
3. Pokemon Heroes - There's just something about this movie that really pulls me into the action. I love the music, the animation, the story, and of course the characters. It's perfect!!
4. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Another wonderful movie. I was captivated by the story, the music, the animation, the characters, everything. This movie is awesome!!

And of course, I voted for the first 8 movies, because I like them all. XD Well, they ALL have great voice acting, and I just can't choose between the first 8 movies, so I voted for all 8 of them. =D

Last edited:
My vote went to "Heroes". I think it had a fun, fantastic story, and was done extremely well in being self-contained.

Since this thread/poll is no longer topical because of the release of the two Victini movies, I'm locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom