• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion ...

A new event Pokémon will be released as part of the "Can You Name All the Pokémon? BW" promotion. A female Pikachu, which knows the move Sing, is to be available starting July 30.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

A Pikachu? What a surprise.

Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

I want that girl Pikachu.

A female Pikachu at level 30 with moves Teeter Dance, Encore, Electro Ball, and Sing. Teeter Dance and Sing!

She has the Hidden Ability Lightning-rod, which (given its gender) may be bred on to other Pokémon in the Pikachu evolutionary line. This is the first time an event Pokémon is able to pass on such an ability.

Further proving Nintendo's inability to move forward.

@Complainers

I forgot when Disney stopped using Mickey Mouse.

@Psystrike-That's for a TV show.

We are talking about a video game here.

You wouldn't really enjoy getting the exact same thing over and over again in a video game.

Its equivalent to having to battle Ganon at the end of every dungeon in a LoZ game.

Also, remind me how long its been since Disney had a good reputation?

Further proving Nintendo's inability to move forward.
Pokemon Smash is releasing it not Nintendo. A show to advertise the show.

It's Nintendo's mascot, what do you mean by "moving forward"? They release different event Pokemon all the time, Pikachu is just the most known and popular.

@gotpika-It may be. But they release pikachu events all of the time, the only difference between each being one move which is otherwise unobtainable.

@gotpika-It may be. But they release pikachu events all of the time, the only difference between each being one move which is otherwise unobtainable.

Yes, Pokemon Smash! releases Pikachu events because there advertising the show, Nintendo does not. They also release many other Pokemon. Whether or not people like them does not matter, it's the mascot of the franchise. It's more then likely not going anywhere.

Actually I think this is Pokemon Smash!'s first Pikachu Event, so they don't release them all the time if your talking about the Flying Pikachu, that was released by a air port, not Pokemon Smash.

Pikachu is the franchise's mascot. Get over it. You argue its only for the show? Why on earth do you think they keep giving Pikachu out for the games, giving it a new evolution in Gen II, giving it a secret move only obtainable in Emerald in Gen III along with a unique held item, and giving it its own Pokéwalker course, and why, of all Pokemon, that Pikachu gets a cameo in Unova while no other Pokemon does? Because its not the mascot as well?

Really, show me evidence that Pikachu isn't the mascot of the franchise as a whole.

So now we have the games, and the anime. Let's look at the third big branch of the franchise shall we? Pokemon TCG seemingly introduced the concepts of flying and surfing Pikachu, both of which were later included in the games. We also have Birthday Pikachu, Captain Pikachu, and Shopping Pikachu. Then, out of all the Pokemon to choose to represent how international Pokemon really is, you know who they choose? Pikachu.

Yet, you're arguing its not the mascot? Get over it. It's the mascot, it will get promos for things that don't have specific themes Pokemon-related themes.

It's like you're all in some massive case of denial of what the current situation is and can't comprehend why it gets the focus. Pikachu getting this event didn't prevent another Pokemon from getting it. They didn't have to have another event, but they did. You have nothing taken from you, stop complaining.

I'd like to think that perhaps you people would focus on the important thing here, the fact that Nintendo and Game Freak have given us the first piece of evidence that they don't plan on making Hidden Abilities DW-exclusive, but of course, let's not look at that and just complain.

@gotpika-Pokemon Smash should at least of been aware of the large amount of Pikachus given out earlier.

Pikachu doesn't even appear in the wild in Black and White!
Why not the Unova starters?

@Psystrike-I am not saying that it isn't the mascot.

I am saying, however, that Nintendo is using Pikachu too much.

The Unova starters are much more relevant to the current generation.

Perhaps, because unlike Pikachu, they have other plans to unveil the starters with their hidden abilities?

Really, I think people are missing the big picture here that Game Freak isn't keeping hidden abilities for DW-exclusive use.
Like how Disney uses Mickey Mouse too much. You realize its the mascot, stop complaining and acting as if this is such an incomprehensible scenario.

@Psystrike-How hard would it have been for them to just give us plain old starters?

They've done similar events before, and it would actually both be relevant to the current gen, and would actually help players with their pokedex.

@gotpika-Pokemon Smash should at least of been aware of the large amount of Pikachus given out earlier.

Pikachu doesn't even appear in the wild in Black and White!
Why not the Unova starters?

@Psystrike-I am not saying that it isn't the mascot.

The Unova starters are much more relevant to the current generation.
Pikachu is the most revelant Pokemon because it's the mascot of the franchise. Like it or not.

Nintendo aren't the ones giving it out, Pokemon Smash! are giving it out. I don't see what you mean "large amount of Pikachus" I'm pretty sure the only Pikachu given out this year was the Flying Pikachu.

Other Pokemon like the Birthday Tabunne, Satoshi's Zekrom, Satoshi's Reshiram, Janta's Goloog, Karita's Sanzandora, The Eind Oak Victini, Spa Resort Kibago, Pokemon Smash Zoroark, and Satoshi's Zuruggu have been given out. Only two Pikachu events this year so far.

How hard is it to stop complaining about a company using its mascot at promotional events you're not even going to be able to attend which makes your complaints even more ridiculous or to not make grandoise statements of how a company is unable to move on for using its mascot.

Really, nothing they do would please any of you.

Use Pikachu in a non-Wifi promotion that likely won't happen overseas that very few of the fandom will be able to attend?

-->Complain because they're clearly shoving Pikachu down your throat by using it in an event you can't attend

Use a good Pokemon as a non-Wifi promotion that likely won't happen overseas that very few of the fandom will be able to attend?

-->Complain because you have no chance of getting that good Pokemon

Give Pokemon over Wifi that isn't Pikachu

-->Complain because its not the one you want.

I wouldn't complain if they weren't distributing Pikachu.

Wow, intrested in this. The fact it has Lightningrod proves that Gen V Pokémon could also possibly get DW abilities. :)

I wouldn't complain if they weren't distributing Pikachu.
And again, completely missed the point.

It's like complaining Disney showcases Mickey, or McDonalds showcases the clown. Honestly, when was the last time I saw the hamburgler? I think the points been thoroughly made on the first page, and even illustrated by gotpika that Pikachu hadn't even been distributed that much this year.

Or if that doesn't make you stop, what about the point I made earlier.

You're complaining about a non-Wifi, likely Japanese-only event that most of the fandom can't go to

When they give Pikachu over Keldeo as a Wifi event promoting the next movie, then complain. Right now you're complaining about something you can't even get.

@gotpika-2 pikachu in a year?

And they're bound to release a 3rd?

Sounds like overkill.

@Psystrike-I won't complain if its a pokemon over wifi, as long as it isn't over-distributed.

@gotpika-2 pikachu in a year?

And they're bound to release a 3rd?

Sounds like overkill.
Are you seriously saying? TWO PIKACHU. One released by a Japanese Airport not Nintendo and one released by Pokemon Smash! is overkill?

Take a look at that list of stuff I listed, there are about 13-20 other Pokemon besides Pikachu that have been realized, even then it's the mascot of the whole franchise. So it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom