• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

Well, looks like we can get Singing Pikachu again. Last time we could was from the Singing Pichu in Gen II.

Pikachu doesn't even appear in the wild in Black and White!

If anything, that is a reasonto have the event. Same reason Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, etc. appeared in HGSS. You can't get them this Generation, you need to transfer them.

Besides, this Pikachu is based on the anime ending theme. It's promoting the new ending theme. Same way Zekrom and Reshiram were promoting the new movie. Same way we got all those events last movie, with Goon Scizor, Crown legendary beasts, etc.

Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

@Psystrike-I won't complain if its a pokemon over wifi, as long as it isn't over-distributed.
So you're complaining because its a non-Wifi event you can't get? A Pokemon being released via tour is hardly over-distributed. Even a Japan-only Wifi event would probably get a larger distribution audience considering the amount of people who have Japanese BW. Your definition of overdistribution seems to be the amount of times they have this event, but really, if you're calling it overdistributed, then you should take into account the amount of people able to get these events as well, and doing that, will show that this Pikachu is nowhere near overdistributed. Where's the Jirachi hate? Certainly seems to be the most distributed of the cute legendaries.

Using the mascot of the franchise three times is overkill now (though seems like a miscommunication and its two)

Really, just complaining over nothing, especially when these aren't events tied to Game Freak or Nintendo stuff specifically but periphery companies or non-Nintendo companies trying to cash in on Pokemon releasing an event.

I don't know, the Legendary Beast event seemed more like overkill than the Pikachu event given that you only required one to awaken Zoroark, and that they let you get all three, and not only all three, but allowed you to download it in every single game. Then they released it for Wifi. The scale of those events, compared to an airport Pikachu and this tour is massive.

And again, the release of this Pikachu didn't hinder anything. As far as we know, there are no other Pokemon set to be released this year since we're expecting Meloetta and Keldeo being released next year and the year after that with their movies. The release of this Pikachu didn't stop the release of anything else.

Last edited:

People are going way overboard here.

Should y'all be happy that you're finally getting a female Pokémon with a breed-able DW ability? I don't know how useful Lightingrod is in the competitive battles, but if anything, people should consider this as a sign/possibility of more female DW Pokémon being released in the near future.

People are going way overboard here.

Should y'all be happy that you're finally getting a female Pokémon with a breed-able DW ability? I don't know how useful Lightingrod is in the competitive battles, but if anything, people should consider this as a sign/possibility of more female DW Pokémon being released in the near future.
Actually, the point is that you're not considering how exclusive this event seems to be, and I doubt they'll have a similar tour in North America, so complaining about overdistribution is stupid.

As far as we know, there are no other Pokemon set to be released this year since we're expecting Meloetta and Keldeo being released next year and the year after that with their movies. The release of this Pikachu didn't stop the release of anything else.
I'm expecting Keldeo to be distributed this year via Wi-Fi, following Victini's precedent. 2011 lacks a proper event Pokémon so far.

I'm expecting Keldeo to be distributed this year via Wi-Fi, following Victini's precedent. 2011 lacks a proper event Pokémon so far.
I'm personally predicting a release with a Wii side game, but given the present information, we still aren't really given concrete evidence to expect a new event.

I for one would love a new gimmicky Pikachu. it's surfed, it's flown, now it will sing a song!

If only we could get one with an exclusive never before seen move.
rocketpunch.jpg

GIVE IT THE ROCKET PUNCH!

Thank you, Pokemon Samsh, for giving us a Pikachu who has a moveset that doesn't help it in serious battles. Tell when when the surfing Pikachu event is back.

Pikachu singing? That's so adorable.

About time too. Pikachu isn't in Unova, and to get ones from previous generations meant dropping Surf/Fly if it had it (which means we need another of them too)

Thank you, Pokemon Samsh, for giving us a Pikachu who has a moveset that doesn't help it in serious battles. Tell when when the surfing Pikachu event is back.

But given Pikachu's defenses and speed, as well as strength. The fact this girl Pikachu has Ligntingrod, Sing, and Teeter Dance. This Pikachu would be great for competitive Battle especially if you can breed Sing and Teeter Dance and Lightnyingrod onto it's babies. Even Encore would be useful, because if your about to be attacked by a Electric attack, you can force your opponent to keep attacking you raising Pikachu's strength even more.

Awesome! I'm gonna get a Pikachu on my Birthday! Following in Ash's footsteps:p :ksmile: :party:

But given Pikachu's defenses and speed, as well as strength. The fact this girl Pikachu has Ligntingrod, Sing, and Teeter Dance. This Pikachu would be great for competitive Battle especially if you can breed Sing and Teeter Dance and Lightnyingrod onto it's babies. Even Encore would be useful, because if your about to be attacked by a Electric attack, you can force your opponent to keep attacking you raising Pikachu's strength even more.

Your opponent will not be stupid enough to fall for it. Plus, they'll just use a random move to instantly kill it since it's so frail, Teeter Dance and Sing are the least of their worries.

Just pointing out, Grass Knot is better than Surf on Pikachu. I don't really see Surf hitting anything Grass Knot can't, and considering that Pikachu won't survive a hit, Lightning Rod Pikachu is better.

Switching Pikachu in to an opposing Pokemon's electric attack, and using Encore is certainly useful. It would, at least force a switch no matter what. They'd either switch because they expect encore, or they switch after you encore. It's not a matter of the opponent being stupid enough to fall for that, its a matter of you anticipating an electric attack and trapping them in that predicament.

Really, unless you thought gotpika meant that both Pokemon are already on the field and they'd be dumb enough to use an electric attack? That's not what's being suggested here.

Your opponent will not be stupid enough to fall for it. Plus, they'll just use a random move to instantly kill it since it's so frail, Teeter Dance and Sing are the least of their worries.

You could say the same for all the Motor Drive Pokemon as well, it's called being tricky. Switching in your Pokemon at the right time, and Teeter Dance and Sing would be very useful actually.

You could say the same for all the Motor Drive Pokemon as well, it's called being tricky. Switching in your Pokemon at the right time, and Teeter Dance and Sing would be very useful actually.

It requires no prediction to kill a Pikachu, one hit and it's down. Also, since when is Sing ever a useful move outside of catching legendaries?

Just pointing out, Grass Knot is better than Surf on Pikachu. I don't really see Surf hitting anything Grass Knot can't, and considering that Pikachu won't survive a hit, Lightning Rod Pikachu is better.

But Surf is needed to hit Gliscor, or else it's forced to use Hidden Power, and I really hate that move.

It requires no prediction to kill a Pikachu, one hit and it's down. Also, since when is Sing ever a useful move outside of catching legendaries?

It takes prediction in to get Pikachu, and once a Pikachu who is immune to electricity switches into an electric move (the scenario of "I know he knows I know" is inevitable, and I myself had managed to get a Heatran to use a ground attack on Abomasnow by previously showing I had a Heatran allowing me to win). Pikachu will encore, so any Pokemon with less speed than Pikachu is forced to switch, no matter what.

Then you have Sing. Clearly you don't battle much if putting your opponent to sleep is not useful, again forcing a switch (spikes set up seems good here). Granted, there are better sleeping moves, but the issue was, you wanted a more competitive Pikachu. Here's one.

But Surf is needed to hit Gliscor, or else it's forced to use Hidden Power, and I really hate that move.

If you're going into competitive battling, HP [ice] has many more advantages than Surf, so the need for a Surfing Pikachu for competitive battling isn't really that big a need. Really, what you need is for the Light Ball to be released.

Of course, I don't think Gliscor is in Pikachu's battle tier.

Putting your opponents to sleep, confusing them. Then shocking the hell outta them, isn't that complicated. Sing is a very useful attack, do you battle much online?

"Samurott vs. Ampharos"
"Samurott recalled"
"Go, Pikachu!"
"Ampharos used Thunderbolt"
"Pikachu's SPT.ATK was raised"
"Sing"
"Teeter Dance"

But, whatever I suppose. It's just for the sake of advertising and whether you wanna use it is up to preference.

It takes prediction in to get Pikachu, and once a Pikachu who is immune to electricity switches into an electric move (the scenario of "I know he knows I know" is inevitable, and I myself had managed to get a Heatran to use a ground attack on Abomasnow by previously showing I had a Heatran allowing me to win). Pikachu will encore, so any Pokemon with less speed than Pikachu is forced to switch, no matter what.

What part of "frail defenses" do you not understand? Any non-electric move will instantly KO it no matter how fast/slow it is.

"Gyarados vs. Pikachu"
"Pikachu used Elec Ball, but Gyarados somehow survives"
"Gyarados used EQ"
"Pikachu fainted"

If you're going into competitive battling, HP [ice] has many more advantages than Surf, so the need for a Surfing Pikachu for competitive battling isn't really that big a need. Really, what you need is for the Light Ball to be released.

I may not go into competitive battling unless Pikachu either gets an ice move or Ice Punch when it's a Raichu, but then there's other reasons not to go into competitive battling yet.

What part of "frail defenses" do you not understand? Any non-electric move will instantly KO it no matter how fast/slow it is.

"Gyarados vs. Pikachu"
"Pikachu used Elec Ball, but Gyarados somehow survives"
"Gyarados used EQ"
"Pikachu fainted"
That's the whole point of Sing and Teeter Dance though, keeping your opponent from attacking you. Those moves would be great for competitive battling with a speedy Pokemon like Pikachu. Do you battle online? You wanna make it even better just evolve it into a Raichu or give it a Light Ball.

That's the whole point of Sing and Teeter Dance though, keeping your opponent from attacking you. Those moves would be great for competitive battling with a speedy Pokemon like Pikachu. Do you battle online? You wanna make it even better just evolve it into a Raichu or give it a Light Ball.

I don't battle online, I just imagine the situation through my mind to know how the battle goes based on their base stats and reccomended sets. There's also the chances of Sing to miss and the opponent to attack after getting confused by Teeter Dance, which I let that happen in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom