• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Sneasel Speed Bug?

So I started a new file on Pearl a while ago, got my team all good to go and got a Sneasel, which I'd never had before but always wanted. Got to Victory Road and weird things are starting to happen. Sneasel is the fastest pokemon in my party, with a Naive nature to boot. She's got 20ish more speed than Crobat, it was around 130ish or so. Yet she's had to move after a Torterra, Graveler, Hippowdon and a couple other slow pokemon. She often died because of Earthquake or Explosions (#$%@ing Gravelers). But against the very same pokemon, even my Toxicroak with Speed around 85 moved before previously said pokemon. No priority moves were used, no speed changing conditions were present (i.e. Torterra's Overgrow doesn't affect speed, no weather effects, no stat changes), and yet it kept happening. I just now evolved her into Weavile and haven't had a chance to battle with her yet, so maybe it's changed now, but I'm still confused.

EDIT:
Just tested again, with Weavile (146 Speed) this time. Sent her out, found a Graveler, both were 45. I picked Avalanche (Because it's stupidly the only physical ice-type move Weavile can learn besides Ice Shard), and promptly got destroyed by a 4-hit Rock Blast (of course). Sent out my level 43 Empoleon (72 Speed), used Surf, and destroyed the Graveler before it could do anything. I am so confused and saddened. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sneasel Speed Bug?

.........you've got to be kidding me. I feel so retarded. -_- Thanks.

EDIT:
Oh no wonder. I totally was thinking of Brine when I taught it Avalanche. HERP DERP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hello, I have what will likely be a stupid question. Is there in Heart Gold and Soul silver a way to clone pokemon or items without action replay(I don't have one)?

You can use a glitch using the Pokewalker for cloning.

Here is how to do it from Bulbapedia.

When a Pokémon is successfully transferred to the Pokéwalker but the game is turned off before saving, the Pokémon would appear in both the Pokéwalker and the PC Box it was in prior to the transfer. However, attempting to bring the Pokémon in the Pokéwalker back into the game would cause it to be released into the wild, even if the original Pokémon does not exist in the game any more, such as being traded or released. This is because the data of the Pokémon that was transferred was not saved onto the game, thus the game will not recognize the Pokémon that is on the Pokéwalker and release it. (The game only recognizes Pokémon caught from the Pokéwalker and the Pokémon's data that is stored in the game after the transfer. This is to prevent external or third-party devices from 'sending' Pokémon onto the game.)

Hmm, it says that returning the cloned pokemon to the game form the pokewalker would cause it to be released into the wild. Unfortunately this would defeat my purpose. I desire to clone a TM via giving it to a pokemon to hold.

Thanks though for being helpful.

I'm a little bit stuck on Pearl. I've defeated Maylene and earned my fourth badge (I beat Crasher Wake first), but Fantina still hasn't returned to her Gym. I assume I need to do something involving Team Galactic first, but after speaking to the grunt in Pastoria City I can't find him again. I was going to look for him at Lake Valor, but there are two men blocking the entrance. I can't get into the Galactic Veilstone Building, as it's saying I need a card key or something to unlock the metal doors. Any idea what I need to do next?

You need to chase down the grunt from Pastoria. Each time you talk to him, he will run off in the direction of Valor Lakefront but not go very far. After doing this several times, he'll eventually reach the Lakefront, and you'll battle. After defeating him, Cynthia will appear outside the Lakefront entrance and give you the Secret Potion for use on the Psyduck on Route 210. Several more tasks later, you'll be able to battle Fantina, and then much later you'll be able to get the key to get into the Galactic Veilstone Building; see here for an outline.

What level should your Pokemon be for the Sinnoh elite 4? I know my team is underleveled( they are in the Lv 50's) I keep losing pretty badly.

Checked my Diamond Hall of fame and as I see mine were all around or below lv.50 with the exception of Torterra at lv.67.

If it helps my team was:Dialga,Azelf,Uxie,Steelix,Luxray and Torterra.

Try using Azelf and if you have an Infernape,keep it away from Cynthia.

Hello, I have what will likely be a stupid question. Is there in Heart Gold and Soul silver a way to clone pokemon or items without action replay(I don't have one)?

1. Download and install Python
2. Download and extract IR-GTS.
3. Run IR-GTS and change your primary DNS to whatever it tells you to.
4. Select the "receive" command, enter the GTS, and deposit the Pokémon in the GTS (you'll get an error message, this is normal).
5. Exit the GTS, select the "send" command and enter the filepath of the Pokémon (you'll find it in the "Pokemon" folder), then re-enter the GTS to receive your clone.

You can use this to clone any Pokémon or item, as well as to check IVs, EVs, SIDs and Hidden Power (look in the statlog text file after you save the Pokémon). There's an option to save multiple Pokémon without leaving the GTS, but you can only receive one clone at a time and have to exit the GTS before sending another one. Also, remember to set your DNS back to auto-obtain when you're not using IR-GTS, or you won't be able to access Wi-Fi.

Re: What is a good Pokemon Black Team?

What level should your Pokemon be for the Sinnoh elite 4? I know my team is underleveled( they are in the Lv 50's) I keep losing pretty badly.

55-65 is the best bet.

Pokerus Question

Hey, if I catch a wild pokemon with pokerus, can I go into the menu and see instantly if that pokemon has pokerus? Or do I have to check in at the pokemon center?

I've looked at the wiki and everything, but I didn't see this detail, so please don't tell me to look there

Thanks in advance!

Re: Pokerus Question

It shows up on the status screen before going to the Pokemon Center. The Center just gives you info on the virus the first time you have a Poke with it (infected or cured) in a game.

Also, please refer to the Simple Questions when you have a question. Thanks.

Re: Pokerus Question

Thanks, that helps a lot!

And sorry for posting in the wrong spot

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom